• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Squire (YES), Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)... So many.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Gould from Faith No More as well. Bassists dont get much love from the media.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
A little town called none of ya god damn bidness
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Squire (YES), Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)... So many.

hahaha

me and my buddies crack chris squire jokes whenever we talk about Yes. "Who's the bassist for Yes again? He's really good." "Who the fuck cares." "I think he started that fender knockoff company Squier..." As for me liking Zappa, he was a musical savant. He'd sit down and write music for 18 hours a day with just a pen and paper. No instruments. He somehow wrote serious, competent music with sexually explicit and borderline offensive music.

I've actually seen Dream Theater live, when I saw them at the House of Blues, Portnoy was wearing a Dwight Howard jersey with a superman logo instead of the Magic logo.

My favorite drummers though are:
1. Gavin Harrison
2. Michael Giles
3. Terry Bozzio

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to get all Main streamy.... But Dirk Lance was a damn fine bassist for Incubus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norwood ftmfw

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha

me and my buddies crack chris squire jokes whenever we talk about Yes. "Who's the bassist for Yes again? He's really good." "Who the fuck cares." "I think he started that fender knockoff company Squier..." As for me liking Zappa, he was a musical savant. He'd sit down and write music for 18 hours a day with just a pen and paper. No instruments. He somehow wrote serious, competent music with sexually explicit and borderline offensive music.

I've actually seen Dream Theater live, when I saw them at the House of Blues, Portnoy was wearing a Dwight Howard jersey with a superman logo instead of the Magic logo.

My favorite drummers though are:
1. Gavin Harrison
2. Michael Giles
3. Terry Bozzio

Drummers are tough, because it is not my main instrument... but of all time.

1. Neal Peart
2. John Bonham
3. Ginger Baker

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drummers are tough, because it is not my main instrument... but of all time.

1. Neil Peart
2. John Bonham
3. Ginger Baker

I was never that big on Peart, but then again im not big on Rush either. lol I think from a technical standpoint gavin harrison is much better.

I know you can't see this at work JS, but you should check this song out later. Got some of the coolest fills I've heard in awhile.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recommend me your favorite Zappa album, that you think I (with my taste in my mind) would enjoy the most. I will grab it. I have not given him enough of a chance.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never that big on Peart, I think from a technical standpoint gavin harrison is much better.

I know you can't see this at work JS, but you should check this song out later. Got some of the coolest fills I've heard in awhile.

I'll check it out later. I always HATED Rush for the longest time... I friggin love them now.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on a HUGE Pat Metheny kick lately.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recommend me your favorite Zappa album, that you think I (with my taste in my mind) would enjoy the most. I will grab it. I have not given him enough of a chance.

Hmm... Joe's Garage is a great album and probably gives you an idea of what Zappa's all about.

If not that one, I'd recommend getting both Apostrophe and Overnite Sensation as they're sister albums. (Even packaged together usually) One Size fits All is good too for his more accessible stuff.

Edit: Also if you like Metheny, Frank has some great jazz/jazz fusion/experimental jazz albums.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... Joe's Garage is a great album and probably gives you an idea of what Zappa's all about.

If not that one, I'd recommend getting both Apostrophe and Overnite Sensation as they're sister albums. (Even packaged together usually) One Size fits All is good too for his more accessible stuff.

Edit: Also if you like Metheny, Frank has some great jazz/jazz fusion/experimental jazz albums.

Now were talking... Kind of the direction I am going in musically. Always loved jazz. Trying to get more into fusion myself. Some of the chords and scales are killer.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now were talking... Kind of the direction I am going in musically. Always loved jazz. Trying to get more into fusion myself. Some of the chords and scales are killer.

Yeah, I only know 1 or 2 "Jazz Chords"

I used to know more, but stopped practicing that exercise. Shit is HARD.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[youtube]DCGVLTyezsM&feature=player_detailpage&list=FLDapxuKg3iOelPdZPQpC85g[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.