• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
A little town called none of ya god damn bidness
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to pick one, there were so many. The ones Marshall Tucker used on a few of theirs was good, King Crimson "In the Court of the Crimson King", Led Zeppelin had some nice covers. I remember LZ III original cover had the turning wheel to change the cover. Jethro Tull had the punch outs of the band in the original cover of Benefit. Hendrix's Axis: Bold as Love cover was tripping deluxe. And the fold out cover on Brain Salad Surgery was weird, kind of like the Mad Magazine fold-over back cover.

Quick eidt: How could forget Savoy Brown's first few album covers, those were up their the Moody Blues for sure.

For sure, I have 12 dreams of Dr Sardonicus and In the court of the crimson king's covers on t shirts. Although Lizard or Red is probably my favorite album by crimson.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fave would have to be Led Zep's Houses of the Holy.

Depicts the artists conception of a theme in an Arthur C. Clarke novel.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MR. LIZARDMAN! WOULD YOU LIKE A HAMBURGER?

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking love this band... Mikael Akerfeldt has become a musical genius. From death metal to this, amazing. Love the 70' prog sound to them on this whole album. They completely ditched the metal element from their sound.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw opeth live with Dream Theater and Zappa plays Zappa. They put on a good show.

I know you're a prog dude, you digging this new sound by them? They are totally different now. I love the death metal Opeth stuff, but this 70's proggish stuff is fucking awesome as well.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're a prog dude, you digging this new sound by them? They are totally different now. I love the death metal Opeth stuff, but this 70's proggish stuff is fucking awesome as well.

Yeah I love it. Listened to 3 or 4 songs off it and it's great. The only issue I used to have with them is I felt they didn't explore the prog aspect of their sound enough. I'll be buying this album when it comes out.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to smoke and listen to this one... Shit is out there. Lot of parts just go off into piano interludes.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Aggie, check out the band Three. The song "All that remains" is sick.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. A little metally though, have you ever heard of porcupine tree?

Of course, love them. Listen to some of their other songs. They call themselves a hybrid band. They literally have R&B sounding songs, funky songs, they incorporate hip hop sound to some songs. But yes, for the most part they are metally.

They are very similar to Porcupine Tree. If you dig Porcupine Tree and that "metally" kind of prog check out Karnivool and Dead Letter Circus from Australia. They are different. I just found these prog rock/metal bands from Australia, they have a unique sound, I like them a lot.

Recommendations:

Karnivool - All I know
Dead Letter Circus - One Step

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that work blocks Youtube... But they do it for good reason, lol, I'd be surfing music all day.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been too big on metally prog since I started frequenting psychedelics. Porcupine is downright intimidating in alternate states of conciousness. Doesn't help I know what their songs mean either...

This one is great though

Status
Not open for further replies.