• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: M's vs. Rangers, Mon 4/24

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awww damn I thought Cano had a bases clearing double right there

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Washington should know the rules by now... The catcher NEVER had control of the ball according to the rules now.

Not a fan of these new catch rules. That would have been an out for the last 100 years. I mean we'll take it since that's the new rule, but really weird to see all of these catches ruled non catches now.

And I'm not a huge fan of this new replay system. I know it's a work in progress so I'll give it a chance, but it really goes on too long.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A post season game will be decided by a transfer play challenge. They will fix it in the off season.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of these new catch rules. That would have been an out for the last 100 years. I mean we'll take it since that's the new rule, but really weird to see all of these catches ruled non catches now.

And I'm not a huge fan of this new replay system. I know it's a work in progress so I'll give it a chance, but it really goes on too long.

Well I agree it's a terribly written rule. That being said it's the rule, and Washington should know that's the way it goes, the catcher bobbled the ball on the transfer it was clear as day.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't like how long it takes either. It can really take a pitcher out of his rhythm. Imagine if someone had a no hitter going or a shut out going and he was just rollin. A manager can now just go out there and look for something to challenge and delay the game 4-5 mins to disrupt the pitcher's rhythm

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though we overpaid...

I'm so glad we overpaid for Cano and not someone like Josh Hamilton.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love the replay system. if zunino had bobbled the ball like that, and texas scored, I would've agreed with it, too.

hope that balls and strikes are called electronically eventually.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love the replay system. if zunino had bobbled the ball like that, and texas scored, I would've agreed with it, too.

hope that balls and strikes are called electronically eventually.

Unfortunately it's never going to happen or at least not anytime soon. Just like how soccer refuses to use an electronic goal line system.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All hail Noesi. The official Smoak slump buster.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course noesi comes in and dominates the m's

what a giant turd

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see full time electronic umpiring. That would really take something away from the game. Umpires and their strike zone idiosyncrasies are a part of the history of the game and not one I'd like to see go away.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Elias continues pitching like this, I wouldn't mind trading away one of the big three for i don't know...a Giancarlo Stanton?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see full time electronic umpiring. That would really take something away from the game. Umpires and their strike zone idiosyncrasies are a part of the history of the game and not one I'd like to see go away.

the inconstant strike zone is the silliest thing in professional sports.

it would be like having different tennis tournaments decide to change the size of the service box.

it would do nothing but add to the game.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Elias continues pitching like this, I wouldn't mind trading away one of the big three for i don't know...a Giancarlo Stanton?

it would take 2 of the 3, along with seager and franklin and peterson and more for them to give up stanton.

i know that NW is all for it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great outing by Elias. So far he has been solid in all of his starts. Of course once hitters adjust to him we will see what he is all about, but so far so good and at a time when we really needed it with two big injuries to starters.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt we'll see it anytime soon since the umpire union would fight it tooth and nail, but I would have no problem with a pitch f/x or tracer type of system taking over the ball and strike calls at some point. I don't care if there is a long history of human umpiring. Using that as an excuse for continuing human umpiring gets you debacles like the one we saw on the opening road trip. Teams shouldn't have to put up with that type of umpiring when the technology to get the calls right is available. There are a lot of things that have enjoyed a long history, but that doesn't mean they were good things that should have necessarily had long histories.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the inconstant strike zone is the silliest thing in professional sports.

it would be like having different tennis tournaments decide to change the size of the service box.

it would do nothing but add to the game.

I didn't have any problem with them going to electronic boundaries in tennis. Umpires are a huge part of the history of baseball, but I understand others might not agree.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we'll see it anytime soon since the umpire union would fight it tooth and nail, but I would have no problem with a pitch f/x or tracer type of system taking over the ball and strike calls at some point. I don't care if there is a long history of human umpiring. Using that as an excuse for continuing human umpiring gets you debacles like the one we saw on the opening road trip. Teams shouldn't have to put up with that type of umpiring when the technology to get the calls right is available. There are a lot of things that have enjoyed a long history, but that doesn't mean they were good things that should have necessarily had long histories.

They have gotten a lot better in recent years since the trackers have come into the game. They are judged against it and it has made a difference. I'm sure many older folks would see it more like I do and many younger fans would be in your camp. Nothing wrong with either view. Not like I'd cry if they did change it, just not really a fan of the idea.