• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Royals: 4/8-4/10

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's only 13 games, and I know the torrid pace on offense can't keep up for an entire season, but right now the M's are on pace to hit 411 home runs and score 1296 runs. Why is no one nationally talking about them? Can you imagine if it was the Yankees or Red Sox doing this? That's all anyone would be talking about. But it's the M's so crickets.
You pretty much answered your own question by comparing to if it were those other two teams.

Then again, we're no strangers to our own teams flying under the radar...we kinda prefer it that way.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's only 13 games, and I know the torrid pace on offense can't keep up for an entire season, but right now the M's are on pace to hit 411 home runs and score 1296 runs. Why is no one nationally talking about them? Can you imagine if it was the Yankees or Red Sox doing this? That's all anyone would be talking about. But it's the M's so crickets.

A few things, most importantly is that it is way to early in the season. And no national media member is going to hype this up right now when unanimously they chose the Mariners to be bottom feeders.

But also this is a big time of year for sports with the NCAA tournament, the NFL draft, NBA and NFL drama. There is just a lot of things going on in sports right now to cut away from ratings catchers to cover a Mariners start. Korver’s letter > than a run no one thinks will last and eating crow.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a long season man... and Seattle outside of the BoSox (where they almost lost a couple towards the end) haven't really faced powerhouse teams. They have a series after KC (not a good team) coming up against Houston, then Cleveland, then a 4 game road series against the Angels (generally play us tough)...

But there's really no reason to majorly hype up (or write defining articles) about anyone at this point, especially a team you predicted to not be that great based on their roster (past performance metrics). We're not even 10% through the season. Nobody would be hyping up an NFL team that was projected as a playoff miss team 1-2 games in either. Same reason people aren't going to say: The Cubs and BoSox are DONE! BUST TEAMS! Generally the rosters are too good.

Ms are on a roll, but what happens when they lose their first series? What happens when there is more footage on a lineup that has seen significant turnover?

Make no mistake, people I'm sure have noticed. "Wow Ms are off to a good start." But there's a HUGE: "That's unexpected, can they keep it up with questionable pitching and once they go against better MLB rosters?" I mean at this point Vogelbach is contending for AL MVP (or runner up to the usual Mr. Trout). Is he REALLY likely to sustain that? I hope so, but I'd give it EXTREMELY low odds.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack it ..double E...or just a hit would do
Awww

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a long season man... and Seattle outside of the BoSox (where they almost lost a couple towards the end) haven't really faced powerhouse teams. They have a series after KC (not a good team) coming up against Houston, then Cleveland, then a 4 game road series against the Angels (generally play us tough)...

But there's really no reason to majorly hype up (or write defining articles) about anyone at this point, especially a team you predicted to not be that great based on their roster (past performance metrics). We're not even 10% through the season. Nobody would be hyping up an NFL team that was projected as a playoff miss team 1-2 games in either. Same reason people aren't going to say: The Cubs and BoSox are DONE! BUST TEAMS! Generally the rosters are too good.

Ms are on a roll, but what happens when they lose their first series? What happens when there is more footage on a lineup that has seen significant turnover?

Make no mistake, people I'm sure have noticed. "Wow Ms are off to a good start." But there's a HUGE: "That's unexpected, can they keep it up with questionable pitching and once they go against better MLB rosters?" I mean at this point Vogelbach is contending for AL MVP (or runner up to the usual Mr. Trout). Is he REALLY likely to sustain that? I hope so, but I'd give it EXTREMELY low odds.

I think voggy is rookie...???..yes..???

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things, most importantly is that it is way to early in the season. And no national media member is going to hype this up right now when unanimously they chose the Mariners to be bottom feeders.

But also this is a big time of year for sports with the NCAA tournament, the NFL draft, NBA and NFL drama. There is just a lot of things going on in sports right now to cut away from ratings catchers to cover a Mariners start. Korver’s letter > than a run no one thinks will last and eating crow.

Yeah may and june..will pay more attention
To baseball

But media guys will take basketball every time...cuz there is only one guy to talk about...which is all they can count too

Which is why they took journalism in
Collage...ohh my goodness

..sorry about that...lolol

One more run and they will have to cover it
Being a record

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double my goodness.....

Work in it
Work in it

Naaaa
No run yet...maybe no history...lol.but at the verry least they will be second on the list

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woooohooo
Hani..gee..er

History...baby

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got me moist now...
Nice going....lol

Lolol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No ..
No ...walk him

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grouder ok

Ooohhh
Double..steal..strike him out

Slider on the edge ok...for strike...its hanilton
No way ...hamilton can't hit...
Awwww

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW... Surprised we still have Elias out there w/ bases loaded...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah..mariners win with history
So..nice ...lol

My cub scout spot was over on the left side of home plate looking in..from the outfield
Back in the 70,s lol... first lvl..but
Memory Is fading these days...lol

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woot... Nail biter... 12-2...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cookie Rojas
John Mayberry..1b..for a slamer..lol
Yep
Kind of miss the fire flys
Not June bugs though

Last edited:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M’s just set an MLB record surpassing the 1932 Yankees scoring 6 or more runs in 12 of there first 14 games ...
And that Yankees team won 107 games and World Series.

Just sayin’ lol.

Then again, the 2001 Mariners won 116 games and NOT make it to the World Series.

Ouch!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that Yankees team won 107 games and World Series.

Just sayin’ lol.

Then again, the 2001 Mariners won 116 games and NOT make it to the World Series.

Ouch!

Yeah it's a marathon, in 2001 we faced that Yankees team that was a tough nut to crack... AZ got that last laugh though... M's are really showing something early, that's one helluva and impressive record to top... If there pitching can improve, watch out, because they're gonna score runs... We have some tests coming up, let's see how they do ...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports writers.. must... take notice with 80
Year old records being broken

By the mariners...if not.. they lose credibility
In journalisiem..as well..so..be it as it may
It's a good story

So if they don't cover it..its on them

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah time to go to the ball park and watch

The thunder(bruce,EE,santana,vogelbach,haniger)
And
Lightning show...( Gordon and smith)

dont miss it at a T- moble park near you...
Uupp my sci-fi
Coming through there ..a bit...lol

Lolololoollloo

Last edited: