• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's in Oakland, 4/10-12

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALL ABOARD THE FRE.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as always, austin "turd" jackson is a reliable disappointment.

rodney coming in. he will either be deemed a great closer, or washed up in the next 10 minutes by the lemmings.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WARNING: THIS ROLLER COASTER MAY CAUSE UNBRIDLED RAGE AGAINST ANYTHING WITHIN REACH!!! :lol:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happ's start results in a win and Walkers in a loss. :L

Felix can get this back to .500 and help shake off that first week.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep.

when it's so few games played, 2-3 feels significantly different from 1-4. glad we have so few people lighting their hair on fire on here. that's for a month or two from now.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felt like a huge game today. Chance to steal the series and get to 3-3 with Felix tomorrow. Go ms

This is a huge series and today's game was especially important... It would've been tough to swallow losing the series (we still may) against 2 of the teams that are picked to make a run for the divisional crown...

• For one, like someone said, 2-3 looks a helk of a lot better than 1-4... If Felix can pitch great enough for us to get the win tomorrow, we'll be 3-3
  • Secondly, they beat the A's when Gray started for the 2nd straight time while facing him... In Sept of '14, we scored 6 against him in the win...
  • We have a young team, would've been very tough for them to not feel the pressure if we left Oakland 1-5...
It was so nice to see Cruz get it going today w/ clutch hits, including the HR... We're 2-3 right now and Seager and Cano haven't even gotten it going yet...

The 1st two pitches from Rodney today, I was thinking, great, here we go again... He can't allow over 50% of the batters he faces on base again like he did last year and get away with it.... He pitched lights out in that 11th inning after those 2 pitches that were well out of the strike zone... His off speed pitch was working well for him in that 11th...

BIG win today... They had to claw, scrap, scratch and fight for this one today... Maybe M fan's can remove the label "BUST" from Cruz already... He's the main reason we won today...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sky still falling? 177 to go

Exactly, that drives me nuts... People who are true baseball fans know it's not over 4 games into the season... Looks like we're going to have a lot of the bandwagon Hawk fans following this Mariner team with all the pub/hype they received prior to the season beginning... Sadly enough, those are the kind of fans that will be the loudest... LOL...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been talking about the Hawks fans for awhile now.

Still a lot of angst over that SB loss, and Pac NW people who couldn't identify Nolan Ryan in a picture are suddenly becoming baseball fans because of the national press hype about the M's, hoping that M's maybe fill that void.

I'm happy for any new fans, of course, because I love baseball and gaining fans is never really bad. Hoping the new people enjoy a much longer roller coaster ride than they're used to, though.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been talking about the Hawks fans for awhile now.

Still a lot of angst over that SB loss, and Pac NW people who couldn't identify Nolan Ryan in a picture are suddenly becoming baseball fans because of the national press hype about the M's, hoping that M's maybe fill that void.

I'm happy for any new fans, of course, because I love baseball and gaining fans is never really bad. Hoping the new people enjoy a much longer roller coaster ride than they're used to, though.

These fans don't know pain! The mid 90s when they had this all world offense with Griffey, Buhner, Edgar and a young A-Rod but a shitty bullpen that blew everything... THAT WAS PAIN :L

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These fans don't know pain! The mid 90s when they had this all world offense with Griffey, Buhner, Edgar and a young A-Rod but a shitty bullpen that blew everything... THAT WAS PAIN :L

that's when i first started watching the m's, as i said in another thread.

charlton's name still gives me shivers.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh the horror... Bad memories of Bobby Ayala.... I've been a huge fan since '84 thru thick and thin... 90% of it has been thin...:gaah:

I became huge fans with Al Davis, Phil Bradley, Harold Reynolds, Dave Henderson, Gaylord Perry, Ken Phelps,

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the horror... Bad memories of Bobby Ayala.... I've been a huge fan since '84 thru thick and thin... 90% of it has been thin...:gaah:

I became huge fans with Al Davis, Phil Bradley, Harold Reynolds, Dave Henderson, Gaylord Perry, Ken Phelps,
I was at a Thunderbird's game when word came out that Ayala was traded. The announcer said he was traded for a broken bat and a bucket of balls (or something like that). 'Bad memories' is the nicest thing you can say when remembering that guy...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners win tonight setting up a playoff run after game 5. #rainbowsandbutterflies

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also to top it all off. They trade away two young prospects that went on to very good careers in Derek Lowe and Jason Varitek.... I loved the team in the 90s but I also loathe them because that team could have done some damage with a decent bullpen.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also to top it all off. They trade away two young prospects that went on to very good careers in Derek Lowe and Jason Varitek.... I loved the team in the 90s but I also loathe them because that team could have done some damage with a decent bullpen.
That's still the worst trade in team history IMO. Two cornerstone players for a mediocre reliever that was here a year and half