• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Houston 5/5 - 5/8

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to be the big man on campus, you have to beat the last place team with a pitcher with a 6.50 ERA starting.

I hear you but I don't think the Astros are a last place team. They will pass the Angels and As soon enough. Offense was diassppointing this series though outside of Cano. I actually think they were fortunate to get a split.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you but I don't think the Astros are a last place team. They will pass the Angels and As soon enough. Offense was diassppointing this series though outside of Cano. I actually think they were fortunate to get a split.

Agree with that.

Astros are a last place team right now. Doubt they finish there, but they are there now and have to be treated like one when they are and whoop up on them with a bad starter on the mound. Time these boys start playing like they expect to win and not being satisfied with a split when up 2-1 in series. Pete Carroll taught the Seahawks that and now time JD does same with Mariners.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense was diassppointing this series though outside of Cano. I actually think they were fortunate to get a split.

Agree... All the runs yesterday were due to HR's and our only run today was HR... Gotta manufacture runs, which is why I'm hesitant to have faith that we're the real deal... I think we'll have a good idea of what this team is when we reach the 50 game mark or so...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston has been a pain in the butt to the Mariners since they joined the American League West. Yes, you would think that a first place team could take care of business against a last place team, but when you're talking about divisional games, that kind of thing tends to get tossed out the window. Using the Seahawks as an example, even though they've been winning like crazy since the Carroll/Schneider years started, the Rams have given them problems despite the fact that they (the Rams) haven't been better than mediocre in that same time frame. The Hawks have gone 5-7 against the Rams since Carroll took over as head coach and the matchup was even more lopsided in St. Louis's (Los Angeles's) favor before the Hawks swept the season series last year. Some teams just give you problems and the Astros have done that to the Mariners since they joined the AL West regardless of each team's record.