• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mostert To Have Season-Ending Knee Surgery

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that he chose to have surgery rather than wait for it to heal. One ended his year and the other could've let him play late in the season. I think he chose surgery so he could be fully healthy when he hits FA in March.

Like I said in anotehr thread, I don't see there being a lot of demand for a RB who'll be 30 when the season starts and just missed 24 games in the last 2 years.

It's sad to see this guy keep getting hurt--injuries derailed what could've been a pretty decent, albeit short, career.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interesting that he chose to have surgery rather than wait for it to heal. One ended his year and the other could've let him play late in the season. I think he chose surgery so he could be fully healthy when he hits FA in March.

Like I said in anotehr thread, I don't see there being a lot of demand for a RB who'll be 30 when the season starts and just missed 24 games in the last 2 years.

It's sad to see this guy keep getting hurt--injuries derailed what could've been a pretty decent, albeit short, career.
Agree, i felt he would've had a BIG '21 season allowing him to get a FA contract. Not necessarily a big contract, but something decent to continue his career. Now he's in a bad spot next off-season, unless the 49ers still want him?

We really could've used Mostert because to me his outside runs are the best, too bad for the team too.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree... unless he and his agent thought that by the time he got "almost healthy", Mitchell/Sermon would have taken his spot on the depth chart anyway and the team would ultimately move away from him. Does seem like a risky move for 30 year old RB with a two year history of major injuries.

What pisses me off the most is that Mostert was my starting RB in fantasy. :L

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Totally agree... unless he and his agent thought that by the time he got "almost healthy", Mitchell/Sermon would have taken his spot on the depth chart anyway and the team would ultimately move away from him. Does seem like a risky move for 30 year old RB with a two year history of major injuries.

What pisses me off the most is that Mostert was my starting RB in fantasy. :L
It could be the estimated time table for his return was being optimistic, ie for a typical injury of that kind? If Mostert feels his injury is a little worse than 'typical', then can't blame him for taking the safer approach. Cause if the injury lingers longer or he comes back too soon, that doubles down on his already bad situation.

He won't look good running the outside zone, further reducing interest?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mostert’s injury: On Tuesday, a day after Shanahan said Raheem Mostert would be sidelined for eight weeks, the running back announced on social media he was going to have season-ending knee surgery. Shanahan said he only had the initial prognosis when he told reporters Monday that Mostert was expected to miss about half the season.

In further review, looking at other opinions, there's a longer surgery you can do that will put him out for the year,” Shanahan said. “And that's the way we're going to go.”

Mostert suffered chipped knee cartilage in the season opener. He was also sidelined last year with a knee sprain and missed time during OTAs this offseason with an unspecified knee issue. Shanahan said he wasn’t surprised Mostert will have season-ending surgery after he received more information.

“Once I heard more stuff after the press conference (Monday), no, it made sense,” Shanahan said. “I don't think there was much of a decision to make after hearing some of the stuff.”

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articles/150274-anyone-whos-there-thrive-worried-about-49ers-situation/

It APPEARS we do have running back talent to make OUR run game effective. Not claiming we have top NFL wide RB talent, but enough talent that our run game remains effective. The run game MUST be effective, so the play action is respected.

What i hope to see now is Mitchell being effective OUTSIDE similar to Mostert? IMO that wide outside run is what opens up the run game East to West.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It APPEARS we do have running back talent to make OUR run game effective. Not claiming we have top NFL wide RB talent, but enough talent that our run game remains effective. The run game MUST be effective, so the play action is respected.

What i hope to see now is Mitchell being effective OUTSIDE similar to Mostert? IMO that wide outside run is what opens up the run game East to West.
Can he or Sermon learn to block well enough to be playing regularly?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can he or Sermon learn to block well enough to be playing regularly?
As they say, that is the hardest part for rookie RB's.

That isn't easy to do o matter what, cause the blitzer is BIG and has a running start.