• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Most disappointing Cancelled game for 2020

Most disappointing Cancelled game for 2020

• UCF vs UNC

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • UCF @ GT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cincy @ Nebraska

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Temple @ Miami

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Temple vs Rutgers

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Tulane @ Northwestern

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Idk. I'm a tshirt bandwagoner

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa-Iowa St
I've thought about this quite a bit. If we cannot enjoy the atmosphere of Cy-Hawk to its fullest, I think it better not to play this year. No sense in playing it with a half full stadium, an empty stadium, no tailgating, etc. It's the atmosphere of the day in the State that I love more than the game.

Personally, I think the whole season is going to be (and should be) cancelled this year any way. Hopefully, they can meet if the season is pushed to the Spring? Maybe in the Rose Bowl for a CFB Playoff semi-final? Wouldn't that be something!

Either way, Stay safe over there in Eastern Iowa (or wherever you live). Be well. Let's all kick Covid 19's ass so we can get back to doing what we love most! Football in Autumn and hatin' on each other again on a glorious Cy-Hawk day in September 2021!!

Last edited:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought about this quite a bit. If we cannot enjoy the atmosphere of Cy-Hawk to its fullest, I think it better not to play this year. No sense in playing it with a half full stadium, an empty stadium, no tailgating, etc. It's the atmosphere of the day in the State that I love more than the game.

Personally, I think the whole season is going to be (and should be) cancelled this year any way. Hopefully, they can meet if the season is pushed to the Spring? Maybe in the Rose Bowl for a CFB Playoff semi-final? Wouldn't that be something!

Either way, Stay safe over there in Eastern Iowa (or wherever you live). Be well. Let's all kick Covid 19's ass so we can get back to doing what we love most! Football in Autumn and hatin' on each other again on a glorious Cy-Hawk day in September 2021!!
I'd be shocked if there are games this fall also. Stay healthy.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see the season coming to fruition, either, at least not in its entirety. I think a few schools or conferences may give it a try if the virus has settled down quite a bit by early August; but even then, I think it starts late and finishes early, with no post-season.

But if the season does get underway, I hope the Big 10 will make exceptions to their conference-only rule so that schools can play in-state or neighbor-state opponents.