• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Moss needs a demotion

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I understand using all 6'5 of him in red zone situations, but Kyle Williams is significantly better than Moss overall at this point. It's really not close IMO. And I don't think Kyle is all that good.

Crabby Patty & Kyle need to start, and Manningham should go to the slot, where he's plays best. And I'd like to see Ginn run some reverses, go routes & slants every once in a while.

AND WHERE THE CRAP IS AJ JENKINS??? I never liked him, but he should at LEAST be able to crack the friggn' lineup! MAN I'm frustrated with that guy. What is his deal?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Moss just needs a QB

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss is a hell of an enigma. That kind of talent should have put a lot of Rice's records in jeopardy, but he just couldn't get out of his own way.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defenses still seem worried about moss when he's out there

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Sick, did you see the play where Gore was pointing at an open Moss? Ha! I think Bermular is accurate with his statement...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hey Sick, did you see the play where Gore was pointing at an open Moss? Ha! I think Bermular is accurate with his statement...

With the Niners' OL, he's going to get open every once in a wihle. That doens't mean he's a good starting WR. Kyle Williams is better than he.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a dig on Alex, but he and Moss are just not compatible. I said it from the first day he was signed. Randy is at his best going deep, Alex is at his worse hitting deep. The marriage didn't make sense from day one.

You just have to throw it to Randy and let him do what he does. Alex won't do that if Randy is covered.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a dig on Alex, but he and Moss are just not compatible. I said it from the first day he was signed. Randy is at his best going deep, Alex is at his worst hitting deep. The marriage didn't make sense from day one.

You just have to throw it to Randy and let him do what he does. Alex won't do that if Randy is covered.

This!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Niners' OL, he's going to get open every once in a wihle. That doens't mean he's a good starting WR. Kyle Williams is better than he.

Wait, so we have Moss getting open but we also have a QB that is neither willing nor capable of throwing the types of passes Moss is capable of catching and somehow that makes Moss a bad WR? That's just stupid.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Moss was brought into to be a distraction for defenses and so far mission accomplished.

Defense's still respect him on the field and combine that with a stronger offensive line we've been able to gash defenses in the run game.

Like Clyde said Smith just isn't the type of QB to throw it up and let the WR make a play on the ball so it's just not something that was going to pan out that way.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demote Randy for getting open against the Vikings, Jets, Bills, and Seahawks... but... Smith won't make the throw?

Him getting open against the Seahawks wasn't a white whale, or a pale unicorn. Randy Moss is still Randy Moss, but Alex Smith can't and won't pass it decently to anyone but Vernon Davis beyond 20 yards.

I've watched the coaches film on NFL rewind, Randy is killing it... he is still Randy. Smith just fucking sucks.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Demote Randy for getting open against the Vikings, Jets, Bills, and Seahawks... but... Smith won't make the throw?

Him getting open against the Seahawks wasn't a white whale, or a pale unicorn. Randy Moss is still Randy Moss, but Alex Smith can't and won't pass it decently to anyone but Vernon Davis beyond 20 yards.

I've watched the coaches film on NFL rewind, Randy is killing it... he is still Randy. Smith just fucking sucks.

Do you have the coaches film clips from the last game that you can pop into that thread? I'd like to see what other opportunities were missed other than the one that Gore was frantically trying to point out. Thanks!

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether Smith ever develops the confidence to get the ball to my guy, I don't know. My respect for Moss has seriously hit another level with his willingness to this point to let the season play out, play hard and not become a distraction. I believe Randy knew what he was coming in to when he signed, but I also believe that the Smith-Moss relationship builds each week in practice. I'm not a fan of Smith, never have been, never will be but the Niner offense as a whole is delivering to an extent, at a level that could produce a Superbowl. Strong offensive line play, good ground game, capable offensive play makers, sound special teams. Moss at some point is going to erupt this season, mark my words, but it's all about the Superbowl and I believe Randy is clearly focused on that

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss is a hell of an enigma. That kind of talent should have put a lot of Rice's records in jeopardy, but he just couldn't get out of his own way.

I don't agree with this at all. Moss has played with one legit QB his entire career. Cunningham, Culpepper, Collins, Frerotte, Smith, and the host of others compare nothing close to Montana, Young, Garcia, Mcnabb, Gannon or even a Carson Palmer. Moss has truly done more with less.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Moss will deliver when his number is called. He's just waiting for the coaches to tell Alex to throw the damn ball down field and let Moss go get it.
In the playoffs, when it's one and done you'll see Moss. Especially if the Niners get behind at some point during the playoffs, or Super Bowl.
Harbaugh knows this, and has his bases covered. They will not not have a true down field threat if they fall behind in the playoffs again.

BTW, I've been drinking, so I hope this makes sense..