• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

morris

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With RG3 running ability it helps out Morris a lot. Defenses have to stay safe with RG3, which opens up holes for Morris. RG3 makes Morris. Morris doesnt make RG3. If Helu is healthy this year I think he makes an impact.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, RGIII may help Morris but you still have to make the plays, I was very pleased with Morris last season as I'm sure you were, Helu is going to have a very hard time winning his spot back for sure, Shanahan always seems to find sleepers at RB too.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With RG3 running ability it helps out Morris a lot. Defenses have to stay safe with RG3, which opens up holes for Morris. RG3 makes Morris. Morris doesnt make RG3. If Helu is healthy this year I think he makes an impact.

i disagree , i think morris is a good back in his own right as his game vs the browns indicates and the eagles and cowboy games when RG3's was on one leg

sure Rg3 has influence but i wont dis morris :horn:

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is that good. But he's going to have a hard time duplicating last year. I expect we will see a bit of a drop off for a couple of reasons. First, he's not going to be overlooked by the defenses anymore. That probably happened to a certain extent in the first 8 games or so. Second, he went injury free last year. Very unusual for a RB. Expect he will get some dings this year that will slow him a bit. Finally, they will have other options, specifically on 3rd down so he just wont get the same touches as last year. I'll predict he'll have 1200-1300 yds this year rushing.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is that good. But he's going to have a hard time duplicating last year. I expect we will see a bit of a drop off for a couple of reasons. First, he's not going to be overlooked by the defenses anymore. That probably happened to a certain extent in the first 8 games or so. Second, he went injury free last year. Very unusual for a RB. Expect he will get some dings this year that will slow him a bit. Finally, they will have other options, specifically on 3rd down so he just wont get the same touches as last year. I'll predict he'll have 1200-1300 yds this year rushing.

im think you are spot on in all areas here :grouphug:

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was told the only reason why Morris is more than pedestrian is because of Griffin and the read option.

There goes that theory.

No, that's not what you were told. I never called Morris pedestrian and this is the kind of bullshit arguing tactic that puts you in the troll category. You're either trying to irritate people, or you're simply an incapable reader with incredibly low comprehension.

The threat of RG3 running is very real. Teams have to play honest whether he runs it or not. It plays havoc on pursuit and opens up cut back lanes that normally wouldn't be there, because teams have to account for RG3 on every play. Do you seriously not get that?

Saying that RG3 enhanced what Morris was able to accomplish and that he wouldn't have had as good a year without RG3 under center is 100% accurate.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes very underrated.

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris would have still had 1200-1300 yrds last year w/o RGIII. He is a down hill runner with size, speed and vision. Will he duplicate last year? No. Will AP duplicate Last Year? No. Everyone starts at 0 yrds to start the season. I think he will have a good year, with a chance to do better then last year if he stays healthy. He will lose some touches, but that should make the other runs better. I think that he will hit more Home Runs this year then last year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not downing the guy. You guys are calling him an elite back. Yes he has great vision and can break tackles. I just don't see him being elite without RG3. Having a 1200 yard season is only 75 yards per game. That's avg in my book. I do see his TD's going up this year b/c I don't think we will se QB options inside the 10 with RG3 this year. 12-14 TD should be reached this year for him.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generated a stat at some point last year of Morris' average when RG3 is under center vs. Cousins. I can't remember the exact numbers but it was something like 3.5 ypc with Cousins vs. over 5 ypc with RG3. (wish I had the exact totals, but don't feel like doing it again)

Morris is a very good back who creates yards after contact. That's a beautiful thing. He also would not be in the top 10 in the league last year without RG3 and the extra man a defense has to assign to watch him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree elcocmotive

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can pretty much say that for alot of players thru history.....Smith was better becasue he had Aikman....Bradshaw was better becasue of his receivers......players are better becasue of their teamates...thats the way it is........no matter what....We have a special back in the backfield....And with or without RGIII Morris is a great back in our system...he will move the chains, he will take pressure off the QB....and he will hit the hole...and for a RB...He doesnt put the ball on the ground......I love him as a player, and am glad we have him!!!!

Big John 1986

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Morris is just a product of Shanahan's system. How many guys have put up numbers in his offense before? I like the guy, but I don't think he'd do much outside this offense.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Morris is just a product of Shanahan's system. How many guys have put up numbers in his offense before? I like the guy, but I don't think he'd do much outside this offense.

there may be some truth to this...however...he was drafted becasue he was a good fit for the offense.....Nothing wrong with finding guys that work in the system you plan to run....Sounds pretty smart to me....and thing is...i dont care how he would do in another system...He is in the Redskins system, and as such...is a beast!!!!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, all these arm chair coaches, scouts and intellects. Morris was a hidden gem that Shanny found in the 6th round. The guy laid it on the line every week and actually took a pounding all season. As a matter of fact, we relied heavily on Morris when teams knew we were going to run. Albeit, you didn't know if it was going to be Morris or Griffin but we were running none the less. I think we will appreciate Morris even more this year than last given our QB situation and once again, Morris will define "lunch pale", "blue collar", "under rated" or what have you and will be over looked once again because of Griffin or how good our offensive line is or it must be the scheme etc. In any case, 1600 yards is 1600 yards and that's what Morris did. He set an ALL TIME Redskins rushing record which best some of the ALL TIME Redskin marks. The kid is fabulous!!!