• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More trouble in Pitt

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been following their season a bit, because Paul Chryst was the Badgers' OC for a long time, and I want to see him succeed. If I'm remembering right, he's already suspended 6 players indefinitely.

So now he's got 3 players charged with assault. His top receiver and top runningback were involved. And this right before they go into South Bend. I'm pretty disappointed because I was considering Notre Dame to be on the upset watch list. Paul Chryst is an offensive genius, and it really looked like the Panthers were buying into his system. I don't think they can beat Notre Dame without their star players, though, and it would really be unlike Chryst to let them play.

The only thing that may save the players is that they are still innocent until proven guilty. Personally, though, this was one game I was planning to watch. Notre Dame's defense seems great. If they can mangle an offensive minded coach with a QB who has been really playing smart football, I'll be a lot more impressed. Even if Pitt is only .500.

Here's a clip from the story though.

According to the complaint, Karl Olsheski, Diana Olsheski and Samantha Mitchell told police they were walking along a street in Oakland, the neighborhood where the university is located, when a group of Pitt football players walked into their path from the opposite direction about 12:30 a.m. Oct. 21.

At the time, Karl Olsheski told police he didn't want to see the players arrested, but did want police to stop the group "so they wouldn't repeat their aggressions at other pedestrians," a criminal complaint said.

Police dispersed the groups and Olsheski and the females returned to a city police station that afternoon to report the incident in more detail. At that time, Diana Olsheski told police she recognized the players as Graham, Street and Pitts.

Karl Olsheski told police that Graham confronted him by saying, "What's up?" along with a racial slur. Olsheski said he tried to walk away but that Graham and Street blocked his way and Pitts kept him from retreating.

Pittsburgh Panthers' Ray Graham, Devin Street, Lafayette Pitts charged with assault - ESPN

Pitt vs. Notre Dame: Ray Graham, Devin Street losses would destroy Panthers' chances - SBNation.com

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really do have your head up your ass if you are even entertaining the idea that Pitt can hang with ND. Regardless of whether they have their star players or not.

LOL @ Pitt. LOL @ Chryst. LOL @ Pedey.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon now, it's not too hard to buy into a coaches system against buffalo and Temple....

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon now, it's not too hard to buy into a coaches system against buffalo and Temple....

Well the trouble would stem from Notre Dame's players not being mentally prepared for the game while Pitt's players are fired up to shoot down the #3 undefeated team. If Pitt's offense were able to sneak a couple sixes on the board against that ND defense(the obvious strength of their team), while the ND offense flounders about and the FRESHMAN QB puts the ball on the ground....as he has in past games....

I didn't say that the stars didn't need to align, I was just interested in the seeing what would happen. Teams lose football games when they're not supposed to ALL THE TIME in football.

And yet anytime someone posts the possibility of it happening, it's considered this tragic failure football logic.

edit: Sorry, first year starting Sophomore QB

Last edited by a moderator:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like they will be playing in the game.

Not to take away from the Football talk but per the ESPN article...Pitt has a class on vampires!?!?!......(next to last paragraph)

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand upsets happen, I was just pointing out that Pitt may seem to be making progress but it has been against shit teams.

Golson is a redshirt freshman, ND doesn't technically redshirt players though, they just don't play their freshman year and then appeal to the NCAA for a 5th year...or something like that. :noidea:

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like they will be playing in the game.

Not to take away from the Football talk but per the ESPN article...Pitt has a class on vampires!?!?!......(next to last paragraph)

That's by far the most important part of the article. I don't think we had one of those at VT. I'm jealous...

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Sunseri is not playin terrible. 13:2 TD/INT ratio

Last 4 years they've split those games and they've been decided by 6 or less.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great call forkem. I'm about to shut off the game this is just embarrassing. Pitt is flat out out playing us.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really do have your head up your ass if you are even entertaining the idea that Pitt can hang with ND. Regardless of whether they have their star players or not.

:popsdance:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL Notre Dame

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great post....... just great.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have suspended those player. BS.

:)

Great game from Pitt. A much needed wake up call for the Irish, I'm glad that's all it was.