• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Momentum building for college football in the spring?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they thought attendence, was down the last few years. Just schedule some games in 10 degree weather. January and February, up north, will have empty seats.

If they go without attendence, donors will not fork out 2k-100,000 thousand a year, to reserve the best seats and boxes.

Well.. First off it says nothing of January.

Secondly how is it we are able to have pros play in the cold but not college players?

College stadiums can and will still sell well provided they legally can do so.

How is it the biggest sport in the world can manage in January/February but not football?

But futbol can?

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason why up to this point Minnesota plays in a dome stadium.. Same as Detroit. I know Chicago, Buffalo, Green Bay, Cincinnati, etc have outdoor stadiums.. But the playoffs only have 3 weeks of football in January. You're talking about a college season starting in January? February it's just as bad.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They start messing around and forcing athletes to do shit that other students don't do, and they're gonna lose their exemptions from student athletics.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason why up to this point Minnesota plays in a dome stadium.. Same as Detroit. I know Chicago, Buffalo, Green Bay, Cincinnati, etc have outdoor stadiums.. But the playoffs only have 3 weeks of football in January. You're talking about a college season starting in January? February it's just as bad.

I can only assume people haven't opened the article as it clearly states February. It's one month. The shortest month at that.

And yes Green Bay plays outdoors. In December their average temperature is colder than any month for Ann Arbor.

Nobody dies

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They start messing around and forcing athletes to do shit that other students don't do, and they're gonna lose their exemptions from student athletics.

If we still have colleges fully shut down in February we have bigger problems than college football

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC schools may be able to play games in Januarary and Februaury. But this would be something that affects Games but also Practices as well. Pro teams, and even these major Universities have places to practice indoors. But this would be something that North West North Dakota state A&M or whoever has to follow too.

It's just not feasible unless you're literally only even inviting about 1/2 the schools in the country.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean moving the seasons at all.

So the better idea is to not play football at all because we have colleges already starting the process of not having on campus activities.

I'm game for squeezing it in the fall but I see an issue there if students aren't allowed on campus.

And for like the fourth time now the article says nothing for January.

It makes no sense to me that a division three school from North Dakota would have bearing on an FBS school

If they don't have the facilities to compete don't compete

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the better idea is to not play football at all because we have colleges already starting the process of not having on campus activities.

I'm game for squeezing it in the fall but I see an issue there if students aren't allowed on campus.

And for like the fourth time now the article says nothing for January.

It makes no sense to me that a division three school from North Dakota would have bearing on an FBS school

If they don't have the facilities to compete don't compete

Because if they do stuff like that, then they have to admit it's not about student athletes. If they do that then they lose all of their anti trust exemptions and all of their legal protections. Which would affect all sports going forward.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only assume people haven't opened the article as it clearly states February. It's one month. The shortest month at that.

And yes Green Bay plays outdoors. In December their average temperature is colder than any month for Ann Arbor.

Nobody dies
It's like they get paid for that or something.. Who knew it was because of pride

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why some act like cfb is the NFL.. Let the NFL have a spring season.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if they do stuff like that, then they have to admit it's not about student athletes. If they do that then they lose all of their anti trust exemptions and all of their legal protections. Which would affect all sports going forward.

Yes this is definitely the time the government will drill entities such as the NCAA over stipulations such as that

Further if they don't play sports they aren't exactly earning their scholarship

What do we do with all the players? Redshirt them? Allow schools to then carry 110 players on scholarship? How's that going to work for athletic departments already struggling to cut weight

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this is definitely the time the government will drill entities such as the NCAA over stipulations such as that

Further if they don't play sports they aren't exactly earning their scholarship

What do we do with all the players? Redshirt them? Allow schools to then carry 110 players on scholarship? How's that going to work for athletic departments already struggling to cut weight
Maybe it's a lesson for those schools who pay an exorbitant amount of money to its coaches? But yeah those damn kids getting on the free gravy train!! #ShutUpAndTackle

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's a lesson for those schools who pay an exorbitant amount of money to its coaches? But yeah those damn kids getting on the free gravy train!! #ShutUpAndTackle

So if the school is open so far our arguments against are

Too cold
Antitrust
It's stupid

Really the only valid one is revenue if they were to force them to do so without fans

"Hey womens archery sorry to break it you but your program is officially extinct it's too cold for football to go on this year"

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet Texas ain't folding any sports with a canceled season. Baseball next spring will.. You want to jump through hurdles so you can get a FB season. Starting a season in the spring? No ooc games..? So those small schools still get fucked by not collecting its million dollar beatdown check? Either the season starts on time or it doesn't happen.