• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Eagles Free Agency w/4 Rd Draft

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free Agency:

** Byron Jones CB/S

This is the player to splurge on as the Eagles desperately need to improve the CB position. Jones is a rock solid Corner in his prime with size and speed; plus you take him away from Dallas which makes this a double bonus. Dallas has a bunch of money this off-season, but Dak will be Franchised (33 Mil) and I can't imagine they will let his main target (A Cooper) fly the coop in free agency (around 18 Mil). Jones could be the one lost in the numbers game if he gets a huge offer elsewhere. He will cost an arm and a leg, but he is worth it to us. I can see him being our next Malcom Jenkins; he can lock down a CB spot for the next 3-4 years and move into a Free Safety spot later in his career. People who are in tune with Dallas are assuming that Jones is gone as he is asking for a lot and Dallas puts much more emphasis on the DL and LB position.

* If we lose out on Jones there are 2 other options who would be an upgrade from last year in James Bradbury and Chris Harris, but I'm all in on Byron Jones if I'm the Eagles.

** Breshad Perriman WR

Perriman has always had the size and speed, but came into the league with a raw route tree skill-set and dropping too many balls. Fast forward a few seasons and he has finally put his game together. His routes have vastly improved and he only dropped 1 ball last season in Tampa. He still has the size and speed and could be an excellent value acquisition for the Eagles as a #2 or #3 receiver.

** Rodney McCloud S

McCloud is likely to be relatively cheap to re-sign and after paying big to get Byron Jones we have to look for bargains to round out the roster.

** Nate Sudfeld QB

Knows the system and we need a backup; no point in letting him leave.

** Kamu Grugier-Hill LB

I think Kamu's a decent, young (only 25) LB. With Bradham gone, it's important not to leave the cupboard completely bare prior to the draft.

** Donald Penn OT

Jason Peters will be gone with Andre Dillard taking over LT and Big V will likely get a starting gig somewhere else. We could use a vet backup behind Dillard and I think Penn would make a fine addition and a guy whom Dillard can continue learning from. At 37 he can be signed cheap; he played quite a bit last year at LT for Washington.

Draft:

Rd 1: CJ Henderson CB Florida

** I get that everyone wants WR here, but by 21 the top 3 clear guys (Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs) will be off the board and the next 5-6 in the rankings are similar in talent. Henderson has the talent, size and skills needed to succeed at the next level while also not being afraid to tackle. You pair Henderson with Byron Jones and you are set at Corner for a while.

Rd 2: Best WR available

** This is where I see the Eagles grabbing their WR and there should still be a ton of talent left at this point. KJ Hamler is a guy the Eagles have shown a lot of interest in if they want to go for speed. Brandon Aiyuk is a player I would love to still be available here; Denzell Mims could slip to this spot as well; Justin Jefferson would be a long shot to drop this far, but with the incredible depth at the position you never know; Laviska Shenault may drop this far after the core muscle surgery; Chase Claypool has worked his way up the board after posting a phenomenal Combine at 6'4” nearly 240 lbs; Jalen Reagor bulked up too much and it hurt him on the 40, he could slip through the cracks. There's simply just too much talent at the position … one or more of these guys mentioned will be available and trading up from this pick would be much more affordable here than trading up in Rd 1. We can target one of these guys and move up 5 or 6 spots if need be without giving up too much. One of these guys along with bringing in Perriman in free agency and getting back a healthy DJax should really improve the WR position from last season.

Rd 3: Malik Harrison LB Ohio State (trade up into the early 3rd using our 3rd and a 4th)

** The Eagles have very little at LB after losing Nigel Bradham and Harrison is that athletic, big thumper who can step right in and be that every down LB for us. He's excellent at fighting through traffic and shooting gaps to get to the ball carrier. At 6'3” 250 lbs he has mid 4.6 speed with excellent explosion to chase down and athleticism (best 3 Cone drill among LB'ers at the Combine) to drop back as well (although OSU didn't use him too much in that aspect). I think Harrison is too good of a player to last till our spot in Rd 3 so we move up to grab him using one of our 3 4th round picks

Rd 3 (Comp pick): Shyheim Carter S/CB Alabama

** Fast Center-field type Free Safety who can also play the slot. Rodney McCloud if resigned is a short term answer at FS, so we need to concentrate on finding a replacement. Carter's not the biggest Safety prospect at 5'11” 194 lbs, but he's fearless at throwing his body around. Great feel for coverage and has taken a few picks to the house for Bama. I think he has a bright future and may just challenge McCloud for the starting spot off the jump.

Rd 4: Larrell Murchison DT NC State

** Athletic Tackle who plays with a low center of gravity and can get pressure. He fires off the ball really well and plays with leverage. I also see that he can drop back into coverage. He's 6'2” 297 with 29 reps at the Combine (very good upper body strength). After losing Jernigan we need to add depth to the position.

Rd 4 (Comp pick): Matt Hennessy OC Temple

** Great movement skills and can anchor well; what else do you need from a Center. He's currently ranked about the 3rd or 4th best Center, which usually means he should still be available in Rd 4. With Kelce you never know when he will call it quits, so it's important to have a solid young player waiting in the wings.

Rd 4 (Comp pick): Traded in the move up for Malik Harrison.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent, as always, Rey! I am a little saddened about Shenault, and knew he had an injury riddled history, and alas, he did it again. Grrrr.
I like your idea of a CB in the 21st, and WR in the 2nd, if we sign Perriman or Anderson, but word is, Howie is bent on trading up to get CeeDee, or Ruggs. As much as I would like one of the 3 studs, we would miss out on a 2nd round player + another decent pick. So, I agree with your thinking here.
After rounds 1/2, taking the BPA is wise.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free Agency:

** Byron Jones CB/S

This is the player to splurge on as the Eagles desperately need to improve the CB position. Jones is a rock solid Corner in his prime with size and speed; plus you take him away from Dallas which makes this a double bonus. Dallas has a bunch of money this off-season, but Dak will be Franchised (33 Mil) and I can't imagine they will let his main target (A Cooper) fly the coop in free agency (around 18 Mil). Jones could be the one lost in the numbers game if he gets a huge offer elsewhere. He will cost an arm and a leg, but he is worth it to us. I can see him being our next Malcom Jenkins; he can lock down a CB spot for the next 3-4 years and move into a Free Safety spot later in his career. People who are in tune with Dallas are assuming that Jones is gone as he is asking for a lot and Dallas puts much more emphasis on the DL and LB position.

* If we lose out on Jones there are 2 other options who would be an upgrade from last year in James Bradbury and Chris Harris, but I'm all in on Byron Jones if I'm the Eagles.

** Breshad Perriman WR

Perriman has always had the size and speed, but came into the league with a raw route tree skill-set and dropping too many balls. Fast forward a few seasons and he has finally put his game together. His routes have vastly improved and he only dropped 1 ball last season in Tampa. He still has the size and speed and could be an excellent value acquisition for the Eagles as a #2 or #3 receiver.

** Rodney McCloud S

McCloud is likely to be relatively cheap to re-sign and after paying big to get Byron Jones we have to look for bargains to round out the roster.

** Nate Sudfeld QB

Knows the system and we need a backup; no point in letting him leave.

** Kamu Grugier-Hill LB

I think Kamu's a decent, young (only 25) LB. With Bradham gone, it's important not to leave the cupboard completely bare prior to the draft.

** Donald Penn OT

Jason Peters will be gone with Andre Dillard taking over LT and Big V will likely get a starting gig somewhere else. We could use a vet backup behind Dillard and I think Penn would make a fine addition and a guy whom Dillard can continue learning from. At 37 he can be signed cheap; he played quite a bit last year at LT for Washington.

Draft:

Rd 1: CJ Henderson CB Florida

** I get that everyone wants WR here, but by 21 the top 3 clear guys (Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs) will be off the board and the next 5-6 in the rankings are similar in talent. Henderson has the talent, size and skills needed to succeed at the next level while also not being afraid to tackle. You pair Henderson with Byron Jones and you are set at Corner for a while.

Rd 2: Best WR available

** This is where I see the Eagles grabbing their WR and there should still be a ton of talent left at this point. KJ Hamler is a guy the Eagles have shown a lot of interest in if they want to go for speed. Brandon Aiyuk is a player I would love to still be available here; Denzell Mims could slip to this spot as well; Justin Jefferson would be a long shot to drop this far, but with the incredible depth at the position you never know; Laviska Shenault may drop this far after the core muscle surgery; Chase Claypool has worked his way up the board after posting a phenomenal Combine at 6'4” nearly 240 lbs; Jalen Reagor bulked up too much and it hurt him on the 40, he could slip through the cracks. There's simply just too much talent at the position … one or more of these guys mentioned will be available and trading up from this pick would be much more affordable here than trading up in Rd 1. We can target one of these guys and move up 5 or 6 spots if need be without giving up too much. One of these guys along with bringing in Perriman in free agency and getting back a healthy DJax should really improve the WR position from last season.

Rd 3: Malik Harrison LB Ohio State (trade up into the early 3rd using our 3rd and a 4th)

** The Eagles have very little at LB after losing Nigel Bradham and Harrison is that athletic, big thumper who can step right in and be that every down LB for us. He's excellent at fighting through traffic and shooting gaps to get to the ball carrier. At 6'3” 250 lbs he has mid 4.6 speed with excellent explosion to chase down and athleticism (best 3 Cone drill among LB'ers at the Combine) to drop back as well (although OSU didn't use him too much in that aspect). I think Harrison is too good of a player to last till our spot in Rd 3 so we move up to grab him using one of our 3 4th round picks

Rd 3 (Comp pick): Shyheim Carter S/CB Alabama

** Fast Center-field type Free Safety who can also play the slot. Rodney McCloud if resigned is a short term answer at FS, so we need to concentrate on finding a replacement. Carter's not the biggest Safety prospect at 5'11” 194 lbs, but he's fearless at throwing his body around. Great feel for coverage and has taken a few picks to the house for Bama. I think he has a bright future and may just challenge McCloud for the starting spot off the jump.

Rd 4: Larrell Murchison DT NC State

** Athletic Tackle who plays with a low center of gravity and can get pressure. He fires off the ball really well and plays with leverage. I also see that he can drop back into coverage. He's 6'2” 297 with 29 reps at the Combine (very good upper body strength). After losing Jernigan we need to add depth to the position.

Rd 4 (Comp pick): Matt Hennessy OC Temple

** Great movement skills and can anchor well; what else do you need from a Center. He's currently ranked about the 3rd or 4th best Center, which usually means he should still be available in Rd 4. With Kelce you never know when he will call it quits, so it's important to have a solid young player waiting in the wings.

Rd 4 (Comp pick): Traded in the move up for Malik Harrison.

Love the draft strategy....especially getting a good LB in the 3rd!

Also love the Jones and Perriman additions. Only counter point I will make is that I do not see them resigning Kamu.....I do not see that at all.

And, it would seem at this point, that JP will be back if they can agree on a reasonable number.

Reactions: Rey

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your thinking on the top two rounds. I think Hennessy is going to go higher than 4th round now based on what I have read.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent, as always, Rey! I am a little saddened about Shenault, and knew he had an injury riddled history, and alas, he did it again. Grrrr.
I like your idea of a CB in the 21st, and WR in the 2nd, if we sign Perriman or Anderson, but word is, Howie is bent on trading up to get CeeDee, or Ruggs. As much as I would like one of the 3 studs, we would miss out on a 2nd round player + another decent pick. So, I agree with your thinking here.
After rounds 1/2, taking the BPA is wise.

I think there's a chance we trade up for Ruggs, but I just don't see the sense in trading up for a receiver in what is one of the best WR drafts since I've been following the draft. That is unless it's for something like a 3rd and a 5th ... then yeah, by all means; but to get one of those 3 top guys who are likely going to have to trade up to at least 14 ahead of Denver. That's more like a 2nd and a 4th. We need to replenish this year at a lot of spots with youth and the only way to do that is through the draft. There's going to be loads of WR talent in Rd 2 ... too much supply this year, so I'd rather stand pat and still land a damn good one on Rd 2.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your thinking on the top two rounds. I think Hennessy is going to go higher than 4th round now based on what I have read.

With Centers you never know ... there's 2 or 3 guys ranked ahead of Hennessy and Centers usually go later than expected. Either way, we need to land one in this draft ... Kelce can retire at any moment.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly how I see the first two rounds! Wrs will start flying off the board leaving the Eagles no choice but to select the best CB. I think selecting Henderson is a strong possibility.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....I decided to give the www.first-pick.com a run early this year. Just to see. I sat there ready to trade up to 10-15 range to get one of the top 3 receivers....and didn't need to. Thats....no realistic. Only trade I made was early 3rd to grab two more picks.

The site seemed to really like my picks. After about round 2 I had no clue who I was picking, just going by position of need.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 21: Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 21: Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 26 (CLE): Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas (A)
Round 3 Pick 39 (COMP): Dontavious Jackson, OLB, Florida State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 9 (CLE): JR Reed, FS/SS, Georgia (A)
Round 4 Pick 21: Jake Hanson, C/OG, Oregon (A+)
Round 4 Pick 37 (COMP): TJ Carter, CB, Memphis (A+)
Round 4 Pick 43 (COMP): Christian Rector, DE/OLB, USC (A+)
Round 5 Pick 20: Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22: Damien Lewis, OG, LSU (B+)
Round 6 Pick 11: Patrick Johnson, DE/OLB, Tulane (A+)

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been hearing some talk on the Eagles moving down from 21 and it makes sense. You are likely to get the same WR talent level in the early 2nd that you are going to get at 21 ... and on top of it you can add an extra early 3rd or better.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been hearing some talk on the Eagles moving down from 21 and it makes sense. You are likely to get the same WR talent level in the early 2nd that you are going to get at 21 ... and on top of it you can add an extra early 3rd or better.

This came up in the podcast I was listening to yesterday too. If you’re not going to move up to the 10-12 range (and I’m not so sure you should) to get one of the top 3 than the receivers that are left at 21 will be there 10-20 picks later.

Only caveat is if a good secondary guy were to fall that far. If not....work a deal to get into the first 8-10 picks of the second and grab and extra pick.

With the way this team has drafted (and really the very nature of drafting) having more shots at getting good players is not a bad thing.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not on board with either Hamler or Henderson. I view both as overrated. I think we need 2 WR’s in the draft but I do agree we need to actually draft a LB that can play plus sign a FA.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Eagles stay put at 21 and go WR it will be LSU's Justin Jefferson and I'd be fine with it. The dude checks all boxes ... 6'1"+ over 200 lbs 4.43 speed, tremendous hands, can play inside or outside, insane production this past season (111 receptions for 1,540 yards and 18 TDs); great character and work ethic. What's not to like?

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m ok with J. Jefferson but if a top defensive player slips then I would have to take a hard look at him..... say a top CB, LB, or DE.
There are many WR options later in the draft while there are fewer stud CB and DE’s. The Eagles must load up on defenders.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Eagles stay put at 21 and go WR it will be LSU's Justin Jefferson and I'd be fine with it. The dude checks all boxes ... 6'1"+ over 200 lbs 4.43 speed, tremendous hands, can play inside or outside, insane production this past season (111 receptions for 1,540 yards and 18 TDs); great character and work ethic. What's not to like?

I won’t cry over this. I think Jefferson would be a great add! My only caveat....common thinking is if the draft were today he should still be there early in the second. Now...common thinking is a crap shoot in drafts and so moving down and trying to get earlier in the second (and grab another pick) would be a gamble, admittedly. But it could work too.

And welcome to how easy it is to second guess draft picks after they are done. Making sure and getting him at 21 could be great. But there would always be that thought....could we have as easily got him 20-25 picks later? Would having any additional pick (yes, we do have a bunch already) have been great at increasing the chances of getting more contributors?

This is why I find drafts both fascinating and frustrating.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's so many good trade down candidates.

** Jalen Reagor - Had a slower than anticipated 40 time at 4.47, but a lot of that had to do with him gaining about 10-12 lbs of muscle since the season ended. Dude was a "jacked" 206 lbs, but the added muscle weight slowed him down. If he can lean back down to around 190-195 he's a 4.4 or better player all day long. Even with the added wight he still had a great Vertical and Broad jump ... the dude's extremely explosive.

** Brandon Aiyuk - Ran s a 4.5 flat which is a solid time, but checked all the other explosice category boxes just fine. This kid reminds me a lot of O'd Beckham Jr in taking slants to the house and moves after the catch.

** Denzel Mims - Wow, awesome Combine with excellent size and arguably some of the best hands in this draft. He went from a late 2nd / early 3rd guy to possibly a late 1st / early 2nd.

** Tee Higgins - If he runs a 4.55 or better at his Pro Day he's likely going somewhere in the 20's. Great tape and stats ... we're all waiting on the 40 time.

** Donovan Peoples-Jones - System at Michigan held this kid back, but he could explode in the right Offense at the pro level.

** Laviska Shenault - The only ding for me is the injuries. A healthy Shenault is a 1st rounder all day.

** KJ Hamler - May be the DJax replacement as your deep threat / playmaker. Drops is an issue and he's likely a mid 2nd.

** Michael Pittman - Big and strong, a bit under rated for some reason.

** Chase Claypool - Wow! Just as Mims did, this kid vaulted himself into Late Rd 1 / early Rd 2 consideration. If he can slim down to 128-130 he may dominate the league with his size / speed combo.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since my boy - Shenault - is injured, I'm taking Jefferson at 21. The draft is loaded at WR, and the first round has deep talent at OT, and DL. I still think there wil be 6-7 WR's in the 1st. Without a trade up for Ruggs, we may go CB in the 1st, and get a WR in the latter part of Rey's latest list.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
X. McKinney is my guy at #21.