• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: MNF: Skins @ Boys

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we seriously let McCoy complete 83% of his passes?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole drive is a four down deal and we pass on 2nd and 2? We had 3 chances for 2 yards. First game we don't completely dedicate ourselves to running the ball and bad shit happens. QB is hit, doesn't play well and we can't move the ball when we need to. Too often we threw when we should have run tonight. Guess we didn't learn our lesson from the 6 game win streak...

Although I don't disagree with the notion that we should run more, but the reason Romo was hit was mainly his own fault. On every single one of those sacks the blitz was obvious to anybody that was watching the game, but Romo held onto the ball in the pocket as if he wasn't going to get touched. Romo played a very poor game tonight and had too many poor reads, especially against the blitz.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately the fumbles probably lost it but no idea why they didn't run the ball 2nd and 2 or any to follow up on that series. That doesn't mean they win if they do that but their odds of picking up that 1st down would have been a whole lot better.

I actually think after Romo went down, we had a better shot of winning, just this one, with Weeden out there. I'm happy he wanted to go back out but for him to risk aggravating the injury any worse and also him playing very conscience of that and maybe even a little scared, it hurt our chances of winning IMO. Not to mention playing on pain killers and with a stiff back is going to show you down a tick and that might be enough for you to make a poor decision.

Either way we are still in a good spot. If we can finally just make the playoffs this year and maybe win a game, I will be more than ecstatic. I think it takes a healthy Romo to do that but losing Durant hurts us.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I start to get excited about this team they lose to this shit team with a 3rd string quarterback. Make no mistake about it, Washington is shit, and even Redskin fans know they are shit. They could have lost to any fucking team in the NFL but the fucking Redskins. Give me a loss to the Eagles. Give me a loss to the Giants. Give me a loss to any team but the fucking Redskins. Like seriously, how could they lose to the fucking Redskins when THEY KNEW it was a trap game? THEY KNEW the Redskins would treat it like it was their fucking SB. They still played like shit. They seriously let shitty ass Colt McCoy complete 83% of his passes? Seriously, what the fuck? They can rattle Drew Brees and Russell Wilson but they can't rattle a scrub ass piece of shit 3rd string quarterback? They sweep RG3 and Cousins last year but can't beat McCoy? What the fuck? Don't get me started on all those shitty missed tackles( fuck you Church).

Against our biggest fucking rival this team decides to undo all the good they've done for this entire season. And it serves as a reminder that this team probably will break our hearts yet again. Zero pass rush, no elite quarterback, no crunch time WR (yes this is a shot at Dez, fuck him for dropping Weeden's TD pass). I can take losing, but I can't take losing to fucking Washington. Not when we are 6-1 and they are a shitty 2-5 team. No way will I forgive Dallas for this shitty loss unless they go into the bye 8-2.

~Excuse me for the fucking pessimism but we just lost to fucking Washington and I'm pissed off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also fuck Murray for his shitty fumbling. I don't give a fuck what kind of season he is having. He keeps undoing all the good with his stupid fucking turnovers.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't want Colt with the ball with a chance to win... seen it over and over and over and over again. He doesn't know how to lose.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. They seriously let shitty ass Colt McCoy complete 83% of his passes? Seriously, what the fuck? They can rattle Drew Brees and Russell Wilson but they can't rattle a scrub ass piece of shit 3rd string quarterback? They sweep RG3 and Cousins last year but can't beat McCoy? What the fuck?

Colt McCoy wins. It's what he does.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I start to get excited about this team they lose to this shit team with a 3rd string quarterback. Make no mistake about it, Washington is shit, and even Redskin fans know they are shit. They could have lost to any fucking team in the NFL but the fucking Redskins. Give me a loss to the Eagles. Give me a loss to the Giants. Give me a loss to any team but the fucking Redskins. Like seriously, how could they lose to the fucking Redskins when THEY KNEW it was a trap game? THEY KNEW the Redskins would treat it like it was their fucking SB. They still played like shit. They seriously let shitty ass Colt McCoy complete 83% of his passes? Seriously, what the fuck? They can rattle Drew Brees and Russell Wilson but they can't rattle a scrub ass piece of shit 3rd string quarterback? They sweep RG3 and Cousins last year but can't beat McCoy? What the fuck? Don't get me started on all those shitty missed tackles( fuck you Church).

Against our biggest fucking rival this team decides to undo all the good they've done for this entire season. And it serves as a reminder that this team probably will break our hearts yet again. Zero pass rush, no elite quarterback, no crunch time WR (yes this is a shot at Dez, fuck him for dropping Weeden's TD pass). I can take losing, but I can't take losing to fucking Washington. Not when we are 6-1 and they are a shitty 2-5 team. No way will I forgive Dallas for this shitty loss unless they go into the bye 8-2.

~Excuse me for the fucking pessimism but we just lost to fucking Washington and I'm pissed off.

I think you let your expectations get too high. Most people (including most fans) had us at 8-8 this season. Sure this one is a heart breaker but you should be used to that by now, right? IMO, you just enjoy the ride. Anything better than 8-8 is a success at this point and for the time being, it really looks like we can do that for the first time in a long time and maybe make the playoffs- I am not going to get my hopes up though.

The key to the Cowboys seems to be for people to not believe in them. When they feel like they have something to prove- they can beat anyone. But when people start believing in them- they get over confident and lose. For this reason, I expect them to lose vs the Cardinals next week ;).

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt McCoy wins. It's what he does.

I would give this win more to the DC and the Skins D than to McCoy (maybe a little to the cowboy OC for not running when he was having success to and letting Romo back out their).

McCoy made some key completions but the cowboys D was blowing a ton of assignments as well.

Skins staff prepared much better for this game than the cowboys staff.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you go up against Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens D in that era with the Cleveland OLine.

He won a few games there they shouldnt have won, and led some game winning drives there that went for naught because the Cleveland D gave up last minute drives.

Colt is 2-0 this year, super clutch on both occasions.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is on the OC for never adjusting to the obvious sell-out blitzing the Redskins were doing

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I don't disagree with the notion that we should run more, but the reason Romo was hit was mainly his own fault. On every single one of those sacks the blitz was obvious to anybody that was watching the game, but Romo held onto the ball in the pocket as if he wasn't going to get touched. Romo played a very poor game tonight and had too many poor reads, especially against the blitz.

I agree. He played a poor game. He had Dez and and Cole open and he threw to a double covered whitten as usuall. He does not have a quick release. After the first blitz, he should have adjusted and ran a few draws, screens or shovel passes.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you go up against Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens D in that era with the Cleveland OLine.

He won a few games there they shouldnt have won, and led some game winning drives there that went for naught because the Cleveland D gave up last minute drives.

Colt is 2-0 this year, super clutch on both occasions.

Colt Mccoy sucks!!!!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense never solved the Washington defense. They played well. That being said, if Murray doesn't fight for an extra half yard or so and just goes down with 3-4 guys tackling him that drive stays alive and they at least get a FG, which means they win in regulation.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, i agree. I even wrote Romo was holding the ball too long and deleted it because didn't want to get into a typical Romo bickering thread. Very seldom is he hit before a 3 count unless its a blitz and then you need to be ready to unload the ball immediately if need be. Point is regardless of your thoughts on why Romo was being hit, he wouldn't have as much if we stayed dedicated to the run.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on some very bad Browns teams.

Exactly. I'm not saying McCoy is as talented as Russell Wilson, But if you put him on last season's Seattle team, I'd bet they'd have still won their division

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By very quick calculation (which could be wrong), but I'm sure the point is still clear. We ran 22 2nd downs and passed on 19 of them!!! How friggin stupid is that when our team was running the ball well last night and is having so much success all year because of run and the fact that it has kept us in shorter 3rd down situations all year and helped our defense and keeping Romo upright. Close game and we go into panic mode and forget what got us here...Romo wasn't good at all last night and neither were a lot of our guys on defense, but I put this loss on the coaches for the play calling or the QBs if they were audibling out of the plays that were called. Also, where were the adjustments for the blitz? It wasn't like we didn't all know they were going to show that look basically every time they did...