• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MNF Bears-Lions Game 5

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A FOURTH false start for Chicago.

After like 10 years after it was built, it is finally revealed what our stadium was designed to do. :dance:

It's been years, but my ears are still ringing.

Cliff Avril couldn't even out run the noise.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the loudest game I've ever been to. I remember having to literally shout at my buddy sitting right next to me.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. But what do you have to say about the corners you said would develop?? Remember you made a whiney bitch thread for people who tried to tell you they sucked.

now they're cut. So what happened prez??

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure, the majority of statements were, "give the CB's some time to see if they can develop". I don't think anyone guaranteed they'd definitively develop.

what evs, tho

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure, the majority of statements were, "give the CB's some time to see if they can develop". I don't think anyone guaranteed they'd definitively develop.

what evs, tho

Holy shit! Someone who actually reads the posts instead of just rearranging the words to say what they want the hear... They do exist!

In all seriousness though, you've got it spot on here. Big difference between "give them time/a chance before writing them off after one or two seasons" and "these guys will be All-Pro CBs in three years."

Individual perceptions on reality vary wildly...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what evs, tho

and some others recognized them for the busts that they were and wanted Mayhew to invest in new one(s) w the 1st round pick.

The posters who wanted to "wait and see" are showing the same approach w Mayhew.

Spoiler alert: Mayhew won't develop either.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and some others recognized them for the busts that they were and wanted Mayhew to invest in new one(s) w the 1st round pick.

The posters who wanted to "wait and see" are showing the same approach w Mayhew.

Spoiler alert: Mayhew won't develop either.

Many here wanted a CB or S Selective memory beneficial for the paranoria...even the sprinkle coalition wanted DB's

Glad you wanted to trade Calvin. You must of noticed he was a bust for that one huge game 5 he missed. :L

Write shit threads like Mike Florio and then want me to respect a opinion on anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone was pulling for them to take Ebron, that's for sure.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many here wanted a CB or S Selective memory beneficial for the paranoria...even the sprinkle coalition wanted DB's

Glad you wanted to trade Calvin. You must of noticed he was a bust for that one huge game 5 he missed. :L

Write shit threads like Mike Florio and then want me to respect a opinion on anything else.

I don't want your respect. You're a crazy old Lions fan who thinks I used to troll CBS with multiple names. And you have the audacity to call me paranoid.

Trade Calvin because he'll never do anything on this team. Send him to a winner where he deserves to be. Suh is going, Calvin May as well go to.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want your respect. You're a crazy old Lions fan who thinks I used to troll CBS with multiple names. And you have the audacity to call me paranoid.

Trade Calvin because he'll never do anything on this team. Send him to a winner where he deserves to be. Suh is going, Calvin May as well go to.

Overpaid decoy, always hurt (if not injured like today), can't break tackles, and gets taken out of games too easily. He's no good to us if he can't even fucking play week 5! Trade him while we still can. Sick of this shit.

Please tell me at what point in that post does it even remotely say he deserves to play for a winner?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get the fuck off my nuts, Gandy.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tpaulus_2 said:
I don't think anyone was pulling for them to take Ebron, that's for sure.

key words......anyone pulling to take Ebron
I think it's safe to say Tpaul is referencing board members here at the hoop or vast majority of Lions fans

RobBase said:
Other than Mayhew, of course.
Nope..... WRONG, WRONG, WRONG

If you actually read local Detroit sports news, along with comprehending what you read, it was Joe Lombardi who wanted Ebron for his offense..

Just like Schwartz was the key component behind Titus Young being drafted by us. This was in a Freep article, by Dave Birkett

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one person pulled for Ebron... that damn hobo called it though.

So did I. I started a thread about it too. In the end I wanted Fuller, but I knew they were taking Ebron as soon as Lombardi was named OC. I don't think it has as much to do with Mayhew as Rob would like everyone to believe.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard of dreadlocks, but shit locks?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
key words......anyone pulling to take Ebron
I think it's safe to say Tpaul is referencing board members here at the hoop or vast majority of Lions fans

Nope..... WRONG, WRONG, WRONG

If you actually read local Detroit sports news, along with comprehending what you read, it was Joe Lombardi who wanted Ebron for his offense..

Just like Schwartz was the key component behind Titus Young being drafted by us. This was in a Freep article, by Dave Birkett

So now the OC drafted Ebron, and not the GM?

Serenity now.