• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Network

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that the MLB Network was showing the Mariners/Giants game this morning, and I got all excited (I've only been able to see one spring trainging game this year, and I wanted to catch the game). So I tuned in and got this message "Due to MLB attendence policy, this program is not availabale in your area". WTF, they blackout a spring training game? OMG, this has got to be the biggest joke I have ever seen.

OK, my rant is done.....

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that the MLB Network was showing the Mariners/Giants game this morning, and I got all excited (I've only been able to see one spring trainging game this year, and I wanted to catch the game). So I tuned in and got this message "Due to MLB attendence policy, this program is not availabale in your area". WTF, they blackout a spring training game? OMG, this has got to be the biggest joke I have ever seen.

OK, my rant is done.....
It's because you're local and its a contractual issue with w/e cable provider you've got in your area.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought a subscription to MLB.tv for $130 which lets me watch each and every single game. Benefits of living abroad I suppose.

Haven't really bothered with any of the spring training games though.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's because you're local and its a contractual issue with w/e cable provider you've got in your area.

I understand the reason they blacked the game out, I just find it interesting that not only was it only an exhibition game, but also that the game is taking place about 1400 miles away from Seattle, and is still blacked out here. It's not like blacking the game out is gonna convince more pleople to travel the 1400 miles to Arizona to see a game that amounts to little more than a glorified practice.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought a subscription to MLB.tv for $130 which lets me watch each and every single game. Benefits of living abroad I suppose.

Haven't really bothered with any of the spring training games though.

Being disabled, I really don't have the extra funds for any of the sports subscriptions, so I can only watch what comes across my tv. Now, whent he season starts, Root Sports will play almost all the games, so no big deal. I did watch one of the exhibition games on MLB earlier (Cubs) but just saw that it was the M's this morning, and thought why not? Well, blacked out is why not. I just found it a little stupid (bordering on absurd).

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest thing I miss about WA is getting the aggravating M's games for free on Root. Luckily they are out by May so it doesn't hurt as much as it could.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on whether it was a home game or a road game. I've seen a few M's games this spring on MLBN that were played in the other team's home park and used their announcers, so I'm assuming that the people who lived in those markets were blacked out unless their team's regular broadcasting channel aired it.

They'll be airing more M's games on ROOT Sports than MLBN from now on though, so we shouldn't be seeing many, if any, more blackouts for the rest of the spring.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest thing I miss about WA is getting the aggravating M's games for free on Root. Luckily they are out by May so it doesn't hurt as much as it could.

With the terrible coverage by Root Sports and the Mariners terrible play, it almost makes the games unwatchable. Dave Sims is the worst play by play guy I've ever heard in my life, and that is saying something. Every time I watch a Mariners game I'm reminded of how much I miss Dave Niehaus.