• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB is having some problems

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think tanking is having more of an impact on attendance than anything else...

Strong this ^

I don't think the casual or even the average baseball fan really notices the K's - unless you make them aware of it.

Every team that doesn't have a legit chance to win their division sells all of their pieces now. Half of the league spends the majority of their season playing baseball that doesn't matter. Most people just aren't spending their money or time to go see that product. Nothing to do with K's.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong this ^

I don't think the casual or even the average baseball fan really notices the K's - unless you make them aware of it.

Every team that doesn't have a legit chance to win their division sells all of their pieces now. Half of the league spends the majority of their season playing baseball that doesn't matter. Most people just aren't spending their money or time to go see that product. Nothing to do with K's.
As I said, I am definitely fine with going to see the future which is gonna be after the deadline. The garbage right now? Nah, ok watching it on TV.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of respect players have for themselves, with the strikeouts is troublesome.

Dude with the most hits ever, choked up.

Dude with the most homers ever, choked up.

Dudes with the most Ks, don't.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong this ^

there are only 3 teams with 50 wins. My guess is that there are more teams in the 20 win catagory.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are only 3 teams with 50 wins. My guess is that there are more teams in the 20 win catagory.

There are just three. Although, a multitude with 30 or slightly more.

The thing is that all of the teams just below .500 or at .500 will likely sell and become a good deal worse soon before the deadline here.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody cares about strikeouts anymore. I don't think that's the reason for the lack of interest. It's all about the long ball and has been for quite awhile. Does a K even count against them more than a bip out in any of the more commonly used advanced stats ? Seems like it should. There are 5 guys on pace for > 200 Ks. 200 Ks was unheard of even just 20 years ago.

I generally go to a couple of Tigers games per year. But these days with no JV, no JD, no Max, Miggy is done, V-Mart has been done for a couple of years... I'm having trouble re-tooling my interest even though they're not as bad as I feared. At least they have a real manager again.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-bad-baseball-attendance-strikeouts/718162002

Players are striking out more than at any time, an alarming 22.5 percent of all plate appearances. We are on pace for more strikeouts than hits – 18,613 strikeouts compared to 18,136 hits entering Wednesday's non-action.

A staggering 41 position players who appeared in Tuesday night’s games were batting .200 or below.

And you wonder why attendance is down 6.5 percent from this point last year. The average attendance to date is 27,675, which would be the lowest since 1996.

The average time between balls put in play, according to "Sports Illustrated," is a staggering 3 minutes, 45 seconds.

We’ve already had three no-hitters – one more than the last two seasons combined – with eight pitchers having a no-hitter through at least seven innings and 27 pitchers with a no-no through six innings.

I am going to hold off on the attendance thing until the end of the season. There were a colossal amount of rain outs and some of the worst weather I've ever seen to begin a season. They also started earlier meaning there was an extra week or two where kids were not out of school yet.
The strikeouts are annoying as hell though.