• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Game of the Night | 6/24 Giants @ Dodgers

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm going to be watching games tonight but this one doesn't interest me. If anyone wants to do the Padres and Giants let me know.

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking the free game of the day idea isn't as good as we originally thought.

Any other ideas? My original one was to pick the best pitching matchup.

Tomorrow I am def watching Wheeler's first start. Harvey in game one and Wheeler in game two.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking the free game of the day idea isn't as good as we originally thought.

Any other ideas? My original one was to pick the best pitching matchup.

Tomorrow I am def watching Wheeler's first start. Harvey in game one and Wheeler in game two.

You're probably right. We have a much better chance of picking an interesting matchup. And 99% of the time I prefer watching NL baseball. The only two AL teams I ever watch are the Orioles and Royals.

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I will take a look and pick a couple and we can vote. I am a NL guy too but if the game is right I will watch.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sad to say that it may not matter, as there seems to be little interest in doing a game day thread or game log.

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will tune in around 5 when all the brass is gone

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a beautiful day in San Francisco for the Padres to take this series.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigD, the SF Giants just had a meltdown and felt the need to retaliate by throwing behind Jesus Guzman because he dared admired his HR last night. So what did he do? He hit another HR. Prefect justice.

Did anyone say anything about Rosario pumping his first with cheap Joba-ish antics the other night? No because everyone just rolls their eyes at the Giants. They should have Trevor Hoffman spend some time with their relievers and teach them how to do their job like a true professional without showing anyone up. He never did stuff like that and even after a killer save in a big game, he shook his catcher's hand and walked off the mound like a man. And he didn't look like an East LA thug fresh from Pelican Bay either like other closers I know.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigD, the SF Giants just had a meltdown and felt the need to retaliate by throwing behind Jesus Guzman because he dared admired his HR last night. So what did he do? He hit another HR. Prefect justice.

Perfect justice indeed.

Did anyone say anything about Rosario pumping his first with cheap Joba-ish antics the other night? No because everyone just rolls their eyes at the Giants. They should have Trevor Hoffman spend some time with their relievers and teach them how to do their job like a true professional without showing anyone up. He never did stuff like that and even after a killer save in a big game, he shook his catcher's hand and walked off the mound like a man. And he didn't look like an East LA thug fresh from Pelican Bay either like other closers I know.

Well, when their example/roll model was Brian Wilson, then,........., well,...........I guess we can expect the unexpected from them, along with a healthy heaping of attitude.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and, today, the momentum swings back to the Giants. 4-2 S.F, bottom of 7.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speechless. We take a 2-1 lead, our lights out setup man comes in. 4 pitches, 4 hits. Throwing belt-high hanging sliders and wondering why they just scored three runs. Speechless.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember the last time I watched a guy with a more persistently obnoxious fan in the stands who hasn't stopped yelling at Padres batters, the umps, our bullpen, batters on deck, etc. Hardly a second of silence since first pitch. I can only imagine how the fans in attendance.
He's a skilled troll: "Hey Blaaaaaaaaanks. Anyone tell you that you should pick a real number?" :wtf:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember the last time I watched a guy with a more persistently obnoxious fan in the stands who hasn't stopped yelling at Padres batters, the umps, our bullpen, batters on deck, etc. Hardly a second of silence since first pitch. I can only imagine how the fans in attendance.
He's a skilled troll: "Hey Blaaaaaaaaanks. Anyone tell you that you should pick a real number?" :wtf:

I myself love it when there is a heckler at Marlins games. With so few other folks there, you can pretty much hear EVERTHING the guys says.

And, you hit on "skilled", which I think is key. Anyone can be an obxnoious blowhard, but not everyone can be good, interesting, and clean languaged when doing so.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another self-aggrandizing chest-pounding caveman act by the little small closer for the Giants at the end of the game. How embarrassing. This organization should be embarrassed today because they just proved their detractors right. I feel bad for them honestly.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another self-aggrandizing chest-pounding caveman act by the little small closer for the Giants at the end of the game. How embarrassing. This organization should be embarrassed today because they just proved their detractors right. I feel bad for them honestly.

Humility is a fleeting comodity in todays sports world......

The adage of "act like you have been there before, and will be there again" seems lost on most.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping to revive this. Tonight, at 10:05 ET, the Pittsburgh Pirates visit the LA Angels.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Preview - Pittsburgh Pirates at Los Angeles Angels - Jun 22, 2013 - CBSSports.com

After a frustrating start to the year, Pedro Alvarez is starting to carry the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Alvarez looks to stay hot at the plate Saturday night when the visiting Pirates continue a three-game set against the Los Angeles Angels.

Though he collected just three hits in his first 41 at-bats and posted a .168 average through May 8, Alvarez has quickly become one of Pittsburgh's most dangerous hitters. Hitting .333 over his last 14 games, the slugging third baseman leads the team with 17 homers - 10 more than the next guy - and 49 RBIs.

One day after going 3 for 4 with a homer and season-high five RBIs in a 5-3 win at Cincinnati, Alvarez collected two more hits and went deep again in Friday's 5-2 victory. The Pirates (44-30) improved to 12-4 when Alvarez homers and 21-7 when he drives in at least one run.

"Pedro has the ability to shrink any park we play in," manager Clint Hurdle told MLB's official website. "The ability to drive in runs and be a run producer is quite evident. We knew it was a special talent when we drafted him. ... He has shown the ability to rise to the occasion."

Now in his fourth year in the majors, Alvarez is 9 for 24 with three home runs and 11 RBIs during a season-best six-game hitting streak. He's batting .373 with eight homers, 16 RBIs and 14 runs scored in his last 16 interleague contests.

Los Angeles (33-41) had won six of eight before dropping Friday's opener. The Angels failed to get much going aside from Albert Pujols' 13th homer, dropping to 1-18 when scoring two runs or fewer.

Pujols is batting .338 with five homers and 15 RBIs in his last 16 games, but he's 1 for 13 against scheduled starter Francisco Liriano (5-3, 2.44 ERA). The left-hander allowed two solo homers over six innings Monday in a 4-1 loss at Cincinnati.

"I made two mistakes, a hanging slider and a fastball right down the middle," said Liriano, who hadn't previously been taken deep. "You can't make those mistakes at this level."

Liriano, who's struck out 55 in 48 innings, has received one or zero runs of support in five of his last six outings.

Liriano has gone 1-4 over eight games - seven starts - against the Angels while posting a 6.69 ERA - his second-highest mark against any team.

Howie Kendrick is 7 for 14 with a homer, a triple and a double against Liriano, and Mark Trumbo has taken him deep twice in 11 at-bats.

Originally slated to start Saturday, Jason Vargas was placed on the disabled list due to a blood clot in his armpit. Los Angeles will instead go with Jerome Williams (5-2, 3.14), who's 4-2 with a 3.48 ERA in seven starts this year, including 1-1 with a 1.71 ERA in his last three at home.

The right-hander is 1-2 with a 3.38 ERA in four career starts against the Pirates, but he hasn't faced them since 2006.

Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton didn't play Friday due to a sore right wrist and is expected to remain out of the starting lineup through the weekend. The former MVP, hitless in his last 12 at-bats, is batting just .207 on the season.