• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Dynasty Draft III : CHAT

Chomp_Chomp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,090.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we have a little downtime here, feel free to peruse/weigh-in on the results of the draft Saxy and me did last night...if Marvel characters played basketball :)

**weed may have been consumed in the making of this draft**

Team A...
PG - Captain America
SG - Black Panther
SF - Erik Kilmonger
PF - Thor
C - Groot
Bench:
6th Man - Vision
G/F - Black Widow
F/C - Heimdal

Team B...
PG - Spiderman
SG - Iron Man
SF - Mr. Fantastic
PF - Luke Cage
C - Hulk
Bench:
PG - Deadpool
G/F - Wolverine
F/C - Beast

Spider man, Iron Man, and Hulk on the same team is just unfair. How Thanos wasn’t picked is crazy. Also Dr. Strange not getting drafted?!? He controls fucking time man... that’s gotta be first pick all day lol

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spider man, Iron Man, and Hulk on the same team is just unfair. How Thanos wasn’t picked is crazy. Also Dr. Strange not getting drafted?!? He controls fucking time man... that’s gotta be first pick all day lol
We made a no thanos rule lol

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And screw Dr. Strange his jumper ain't wet

Chomp_Chomp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,090.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And screw Dr. Strange his jumper ain't wet

He could miss his shot and just tell his cape to get the rebound, or move the hoop through time realms into his shots path. That was a serious miss by both of you. I expect better. Smh lol

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost me at "tell his cape to get the rebound"...I mean wasn't our draft dorky enough already??

Chomp_Chomp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,090.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost me at "tell his cape to get the rebound"...I mean wasn't our draft dorky enough already??

His cape, cloak, whatever you wanna call it is half his dopeness. Saved him in Infinty Wars and takes orders like a champ. It’s like drafting 2 players in one pick. Lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a really rough night last night. My 1.5 year old son woke up a little before 4 am, crying his head off. I tried to put him back to sleep, but he kept continually waking up crying. His crying caused my daughter to wake up and I had to go and try to put her back to sleep. My wife got up to help, but she had to leave for work very early in the morning so she was only able to help for a few minutes with each kid. My daughter eventually fell back asleep, but it took my son till nearly 5:45 to finally and completely fall back asleep. During that time I was really frustrated with him and almost yelled at him "go to sleep!". I was super pissed off and generally really grumpy about the whole ordeal.

I have trouble sleeping some times so I wasn't able to fall back asleep after all that. I'm completely exhausted at work and it's only 9:30 am for me.

But around 6:30 or so I started to go on my phone and visited the forum. Then WLK popped into my mind. I just remembered how lucky I am to be able to still do this and it put everything in perspective. Gonna give my kids a big hug tonight when I get home.

Best thing I can ever say about WLK is that he's given me (even if it's just temporary) clarity and the perspective to just be more thankful of everything I have. Thanks dude.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sure Hulk is a value add here, not if the rules of basketball apply. His ability to hold his spot on the post and agility for his size are for sure an advantage, but he can't just knock Groot out of the way. As long as Groot has position his ability to have what ever wing span he decides he wants would effectively shut him down.

I really don't like the Deadpool/Wolverine picks. Both are good athletes, but you have a lot of super human athletes available. Their most useful power is neigh invulnerability, which is useful for availability, but not in a game. Deadpools teleporter is a none use as he can't control where it sends him.

Kitty Pryde would have been a hidden gem in this as she can't be stopped from getting to the paint with her ability to phase through matter. Sue Storm could float the ball to the hoop from anywhere and can go invisible as well.

Last one is Hawkeye, he mentions that he shot an 18 on the golf course, that means his accuracy is not limited to bows. Although he would be such a negative on defense it would be like adding Jimmer.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure Hulk is a value add here, not if the rules of basketball apply. His ability to hold his spot on the post and agility for his size are for sure an advantage, but he can't just knock Groot out of the way. As long as Groot has position his ability to have what ever wind span he decides he wants would effectively shut him down.

I really don't like the Deadpool/Wolverine picks. Both are good athletes, but you have a lot of super human athletes available. Their most useful power is neigh invulnerability, which is useful for availability, but not in a game. Deadpools teleporter is a none use as he can't control where it sends him.

Kitty Pryde would have been a hidden gem in this as she can't be stopped from getting to the paint with her ability to phase through matter. Sue Storm could float the ball to the hoop from anywhere and can go invisible as well.

Last one is Hawkeye, he mentions that he shot an 18 on the golf course, that means his accuracy is not limited to bows. Although he would be such a negative on defense it would be like adding Jimmer.

NERD!!!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure Hulk is a value add here, not if the rules of basketball apply. His ability to hold his spot on the post and agility for his size are for sure an advantage, but he can't just knock Groot out of the way. As long as Groot has position his ability to have what ever wind span he decides he wants would effectively shut him down.

Professor X and Night Crawler are two huge omissions. Professor X could control the minds of the opposition or freeze time for easy buckets. Night Crawler could teleport anywhere wanted and could shoot 100% on 3 point shots by jumping up beyond the line and teleporting right to the hoop for a dunk.

Disappointed really.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teleport draft is next week

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no use of teleportation:

PG: Quicksilver
SG: Hawkeye
SF: Scarlet Witch
PF: Doctor Strange
C: Professor X

Bench:
Jean Grey
War Machine
Rogue

With Professor X being able to stop time, Doctor Strange being able to go back and reverse baskets made with time control and Rogue off the bench being able to steal your favorite player's abilities, my team wins 1,000-0.

Hall

Hoopla Cash
$ 126,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Cyclops. Master tactician and spatial awareness of angles though he typically takes more advantage of that in the pool hall.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no use of teleportation:

PG: Quicksilver
SG: Hawkeye
SF: Scarlet Witch
PF: Doctor Strange
C: Professor X

Bench:
Jean Grey
War Machine
Rogue

With Professor X being able to stop time, Doctor Strange being able to go back and reverse baskets made with time control and Rogue off the bench being able to steal your favorite player's abilities, my team wins 1,000-0.
This team isn't selling any tickets. Next

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of shot clock violations for Professor X

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1