• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Dynasty Draft III : CHAT

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The winners from the NFL draft have been paid.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird... coping with death always hits me in different ways. I'm 42 years old and I have had to say goodbye to my share of family and friends. I consider myself pretty lucky, though, because there have only been a few people that I was really close to that have passed at this stage of my life. A few weeks ago, I lost my cousin, who was the first 1st cousin on either side that I lost. She was probably the one I was least closest to, simply because of the age gap and how little we really saw of each other. I thought it would hit me a lot harder, considering all the shit I am dealing with in my life right now and the fact that she was the first of that generation.

This is hitting me harder than I thought it would. It would appear that WLK was some random dude off the internet that I did mock drafts with and texted back and forth with about trades, or letting him know he was on the clock, or talking shit about someone else's picks, or (most times) telling him that he just took the guy I was hoping to take. But he was so much more. He let us into his life by posting stories about his family and videos of his son smacking the hell out of the ball on the diamond. At one point a couple of years ago, he mentioned he was thinking about relocating and Maryland was on his list. If I remember it right, his wife was being considered for a job in DC or somewhere close to that. I immediately hooked him up with one my best friends who is in real estate. I know they spoke a couple times, but I think it fell through and he never moved.

Anyway, my heart goes out to his family. I feel like if he had moved to the area, that we definitely would have hooked up and had a shirley temple together and probably would have gotten the kids together for play dates and we would have gotten along very well. I think we all feel like this because he seemed to be the kind of guy that could get along with everyone. One of the few people that was able to find the good in every situation and focus on that.

RIP, WLK... you will be missed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird... coping with death always hits me in different ways. I'm 42 years old and I have had to say goodbye to my share of family and friends. I consider myself pretty lucky, though, because there have only been a few people that I was really close to that have passed at this stage of my life. A few weeks ago, I lost my cousin, who was the first 1st cousin on either side that I lost. She was probably the one I was least closest to, simply because of the age gap and how little we really saw of each other. I thought it would hit me a lot harder, considering all the shit I am dealing with in my life right now and the fact that she was the first of that generation.

This is hitting me harder than I thought it would. It would appear that WLK was some random dude off the internet that I did mock drafts with and texted back and forth with about trades, or letting him know he was on the clock, or talking shit about someone else's picks, or (most times) telling him that he just took the guy I was hoping to take. But he was so much more. He let us into his life by posting stories about his family and videos of his son smacking the hell out of the ball on the diamond. At one point a couple of years ago, he mentioned he was thinking about relocating and Maryland was on his list. If I remember it right, his wife was being considered for a job in DC or somewhere close to that. I immediately hooked him up with one my best friends who is in real estate. I know they spoke a couple times, but I think it fell through and he never moved.

Anyway, my heart goes out to his family. I feel like if he had moved to the area, that we definitely would have hooked up and had a shirley temple together and probably would have gotten the kids together for play dates and we would have gotten along very well. I think we all feel like this because he seemed to be the kind of guy that could get along with everyone. One of the few people that was able to find the good in every situation and focus on that.

Exactly how I see it and feel. I never met WLK, never even spoke to him on the phone but he opened up to us bc in a way this was like his second family. We are all brothers here and even though it is mainly about these mocks, stealing picks, bashing each others’ teams...it is really much more than that. I wouldnt say I know a ton about you guys but wlk really opened up and shared his life with us here and that’s what I miss most about the guy. I miss hearing how Dash is ripping the cover off the baseball or knowing that I stole his next target lol. He was a special part of these mocks and it definitely won’t the same without him.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sadly the reason his wife didn’t take that amazing job near the DMV (DC, VA, MD for you others who don’t know) was because Savali got cancer and they had amazing doctors in Houston and other areas. His wife Kristen had the dream job working with ESPN and turned it down to take care of her husband and kids. We can all say WLK had a huge heart but to be fair that entire family was amazing.

RIP Savali

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly the reason his wife didn’t take that amazing job near the DMV (DC, VA, MD for you others who don’t know) was because Savali got cancer and they had amazing doctors in Houston and other areas. His wife Kristen had the dream job working with ESPN and turned it down to take care of her husband and kids. We can all say WLK had a huge heart but to be fair that entire family was amazing.

RIP Savali
I was thinking that it has something to do with that, but I wasn't sure and didn't want to speculate.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Smitty

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RIP Savali

Yeah, we talked on the phone for a while when he was thinking about moving to Maryland, I don't believe he wanted to go honestly but he told me he would because he know it would mean a lot to Kirsten and he knew it would help the boys. But as you said Billy the fucking C put an end to that.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Smitty is celebrating the Lions big win today!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ho Lee Fuk Troy Aikman is a moron, luckily for him Joe Buck is the worst announcer of all time so he don't look as bad...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we talked on the phone for a while when he was thinking about moving to Maryland, I don't believe he wanted to go honestly but he told me he would because he know it would mean a lot to Kirsten and he knew it would help the boys. But as you said Billy the fucking C put an end to that.
At one point his wife had a job to do in NYC. He was going to come up and I was going to meet up with him in the city. Show him around and get pizza with him. He wasn't able to make the trip. But he text me a gif of a pizza. Telling me to smuggle one down there. That turned into an on running joke that I owed him a pizza any time i snagged one of his targets in a draft. Really wish he was able to get up here. Spent some time scrolling through text messages so many amazing memories. I'm not sure the word special does Savali justice. He will always be a big part of all of us imo