• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Decades Draft Chat

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't pick a 3rd yet for that reason, sounds like Ritz did. Ritz should keep his guy, but we need this clarified

Depending on how others think - I'd be willing to let him re-pick...

Partly because I am only using MLB stats. While Satchel Paige was a good pitcher - his MLB "career" was 179 games and less than 500 innings. I will rate him as a 28-31 pitcher with a 124 ERA+, 288 SO, 180 BB...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't change anything. I went with what everyone voted on a few pages back.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to rule on the decades to pick....

These 5 extra picks: Can we use them now? Can all five be from the same decade??

I like to see the extra five taken at the end - and each decade capped at 3.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have made this draft longer. Like, three players per decade. We are gonna be done in just a couple days.

I tried to tell ya......not too late to make a mid game adjustment.... ala Hoosiers, I call for a revote.....2nds on going 3 per decade??

How bout add 5 more rounds?

1 IF, 1 OF, 3 RP

And the 5 picks can come from any separate decade, meaning you can have up to 3 picks, but not 4 in a decade

Sounds good to me

I'm cool with that. We need everyone's input here!

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is too late to add another decade now... What years will we add?

Will these 5 extra picks be after we complete the current roster alignment?

Has there ever been a draft where the rules did not change mid-way through??

These 5 extra picks would be selected anytime you want and you'd simply be able to select 1 extra player for 5 decades of your choosing.

We really aren't changing rules we are just adding players... As fast as we are going we are gonna be done Thursday.

I'm good with that...

And my 'rule changes' theories are probably because I just don't pay attention.....

So did we approve the 5 player expansion?

The 5 player extension was approved. I already used this rule. I have 3 players from same decade.

DH I don't think they have to have played 3 seasons. I say anyone can be a DH.

I think so... The only thing that is unclear is when these extra players can be taken.

I understand the extra five can be from any decade. I want to make sure we pick two from all decades before we pick these extra players.

So, it would be like continuing the original draft - then having extra innings.

I don't want someone picking 3 players from the 80's before they pick two from the 60's.... That would screw up the strategies we have already established....

I didn't pick a 3rd yet for that reason, sounds like Ritz did. Ritz should keep his guy, but we need this clarified

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing, I want the rule, I just didn't know if it were approved or when we can use the extra picks. I'm good with whatever

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos OTC until 12:10. I texted him.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimme a min

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing, I want the rule, I just didn't know if it were approved or when we can use the extra picks. I'm good with whatever

I'm ok with allowing three per decade. I reviewed all my picks and probably would have only made one differently... I can shift going forward...

If everyone else agrees, we'll have five decades with 3 picks and five with 2.

3 more RP - 1 more IF - 1 more OF.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You CANNOT draft more than 3 players in any decade.

I do agree we should have waited and used those 5 picks after the original 20 but being Ritz already did that kinda changes how we should do it. If everyone is cool with letting Ritz keep his pick (Cheater) and the rest of us waiting until after the first 20 to make those 5 thats what I would like.

I don't know if it's fair we say your DH had to be a DH for 3 seasons, that really limits our options but I do understand why some would want it that way. I'm open to suggestions on this one. i'd like to think anyone can be used as a DH but with the rules we have in place for other positions i'm gonna leave this one up the majority.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't noticed yet, my mind thinks of crazy ideas....

How about after this draft we go to extra-innings for another four rounds. 2 picks from the 1900s & 2 from the 1910s. Any players!

To be added to these rosters!

giphy.gif

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do agree we should have waited and used those 5 picks after the original 20 but being Ritz already did that kinda changes how we should do it. If everyone is cool with letting Ritz keep his pick (Cheater) and the rest of us waiting until after the first 20 to make those 5 thats what I would like.

I don't know if it's fair we say your DH had to be a DH for 3 seasons, that really limits our options but I do understand why some would want it that way. I'm open to suggestions on this one. i'd like to think anyone can be used as a DH but with the rules we have in place for other positions i'm gonna leave this one up the majority.

Not cool. I asked you first if that was the rule and you said yes. Now I didn't ask for the rule changes and voted on it like everyone else.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree we should be able to use anybody as a DH as you can in real life

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not cool. I asked you first if that was the rule and you said yes. Now I didn't ask for the rule changes and voted on it like everyone else.

You don't have to cut the guy you picked, we just wait from here on out to use the extra picks

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i asked post the rules on the first thread.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As long as the player was a DH ever in his career I am fine with it.