• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB American League Draft : CHAT

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy day in the milk Household today...

To all you fathers out there... How da fuck do you guys do it???

I am an uncle of 4... I love them all, but my reflexes and instincts just suck...

My 4 year old niece today, put a quarter in her mouth... i was the only one watching her, and she looks at me knowing she was not supposed to do it... she smiles at me, and while doing so she accidentally swallows it... I see her face go red, she choked for a couple seconds and the coin went down... at least she stopped choking... But of course i think all is good now... well, i was wrong... She was crying, and i was slow to help her... Her mother runs down the steps to her to console her... and she starts throwing up all over the place... So of course everyone in my household was panicking... My sisters go running to the hospital with my niece, and then my father chases behind them... I am now watching my nephew who is 1 and a half... so i am home....

I know none of this was my fault nor do i blame myself... Just amazed by how you parents jump into action... I am just thinking everything will be ok...

Long story short, the quarter got caught in her esophagus, and she had to have a procedure done... Nothing serious, but of course necessary... and due to hospitals taking forever, this was of course a 8 hour process of her swallowing and getting it out....

So i had no downtime today... just a crazy day with the nieces and nephews...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am an uncle of 4... I love them all, but my reflexes and instincts just suck...

My 4 year old niece today, put a quarter in her mouth... i was the only one watching her, and she looks at me knowing she was not supposed to do it... she smiles at me, and while doing so she accidentally swallows it... I see her face go red, she choked for a couple seconds and the coin went down... at least she stopped choking... But of course i think all is good now... well, i was wrong... She was crying, and i was slow to help her... Her mother runs down the steps to her to console her... and she starts throwing up all over the place... So of course everyone in my household was panicking... My sisters go running to the hospital with my niece, and then my father chases behind them... I am now watching my nephew who is 1 and a half... so i am home....

I know none of this was my fault nor do i blame myself... Just amazed by how you parents jump into action... I am just thinking everything will be ok...

Long story short, the quarter got caught in her esophagus, and she had to have a procedure done... Nothing serious, but of course necessary... and due to hospitals taking forever, this was of course a 8 hour process of her swallowing and getting it out....

So I guess the hospital bill will be 25cents cheaper? Seriously being a father of a 3yr old boy who puts everything in his mouth. You cant catch it all. You cant see it all. You just do the best you can. Next time (hopefully wont be) just yell "STOP" because you wont be able to reach the child in time. The best you can do is scare them to spit it out. You did the best you can and you shouldn't be blamed at all. I do blame you for being online for awhile now and still not picking. Spit the damn money out Milk and pick already. Lastly I am glad your niece is okay and hopefully the other kids will learn from this situation about putting things in their mouth.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk is OTC
Mebert is being skipped (probably still dealing with house issues. Praying everything works out for you Mebert)
UK is OTC and has been texted

ROUND 23
23.1.265 : WLK : Koji Uehara - RP
23.2.266 : Shane : Mark Trumbo - 1B/LF/RF
23.3.267 : 500 : Mike Henneman - RP
23.4.268 : Milk :
23.5.269 : Johnny : Bob Wickman - RP
23.6.270 : Mebert :
23.7.271 : UK :
23.8.272 : EHB :
23.9.273 : Nos :
23.10.274 : Ritz :
23.11.275 : Femur :
23.12.276 : Hockey :

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My son swallowed a penny when he was about 1. Took him to urgent care and they told me he would probably just pass it and all would be good, but they would take xrays just to be safe. Turns out, it was stuck in a little pocket in his throat where it wasn't blocking his air or food pipe. Just chilling. Had to operate the next day. He's all good now.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ya'll wanna settle a couple debates for me?

Which would you rather have as a pet? An Owl or a Monkey?

Also, when you make tuna sandwiches for yourself what do you put in the tuna?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Yes
2. Who
3. Hate tuna

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EHB is OTC and texted

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought my #2 answer was semi funny. I said "who" like a owl. God I crack myself up or is it I just took crack.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I was on a date with the wife.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A monkey, by far. I actually wrote a movie script when I was in college and I have a scene where a couple of people are talking about how a monkey would be a great pet, as long as you could get them early and train them to not fling poo unless they told him to.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Owl would be a shit pet. All birds are terrible pets though. Loud and add nothing to anything.

Add nothing to tuna. Pickles when making the tuna, but nothing after it is on the bread.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owl would be a shit pet. All birds are terrible pets though. Loud and add nothing to anything.

Add nothing to tuna. Pickles when making the tuna, but nothing after it is on the bread.

... and mayonaise. White people love mayonaise.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My next turn still hasn't come? Lol.

Whenever I'm up just let me know and then feel free to keep going after like 10 minutes.

I'll make all 3 of my final picks sometime early afternoon tomorrow when I got loads of time.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

An owl.

And potato chips.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad she is ok

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos is OTC and texted. I'm after him and nos and uk have my 1 player list.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys can skip my next pick as well... I have no clue how I am going to finish this team as of yet... My bench is not the normal bench I like to go for... and I waited too long on my 5th bullpenner, that I don't know if I want a long relief or another setup man...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys can skip my next pick as well... I have no clue how I am going to finish this team as of yet... My bench is not the normal bench I like to go for... and I waited too long on my 5th bullpenner, that I don't know if I want a long relief or another setup man...

What's a long relief or set up man? This is where my team suffers cuz I just pick guys with saves. Some drafts I get lucky but mostly my ignorance shows (hold the jokes)