• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mixon Leads AFC In Rushing

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize he was leading the AFC in rushing yards at 995. He has been running pretty well and our run blocking has been pretty decent.

I am thinking we need a RT in FA or the draft still, get Redmond out of there at RG and insert Westerman, but I am okay with the rest of the oline.

Green, Boyd and one more top shelf WR to go with Ross and Erickson.

I am good with Mixon, Bernard and Walton.

I am okay with Dalton, but would love to see Haskins in a Bengals uniform. Looks like Haskins is going back to OSU for another year though. He should be the #1 draft pick next year if he repeats what he did again.

Defense is all sorts screwed up.

I still like Dunlap, Atkins, Hubbard and Willis. Need a legit run stuffing NT though and I am not sure Billings is that guy.

LB...damn near need to start over. Brown and Burfict have been hurt, along with Vigil, but I have little to no confidence in Burfict anymore, Vigil is okay, but I think he is still more a utility backup player, and Brown, this just may not be the right system for him. Our LB's are required to be sideline to sideline with massive speed. I like Evan's and his speed, but he seems more like a backup as well. Way I see it, we damn near need 3 starting LB's, let Brown, Burfict walk and make Vigil and Evans backups.

CB..Kirkpatrick is horrible, we need to replace him. Jackson legit #1, Dennard solid nickle. We need a legit #2 CB to pair with Jackson. Plus, not only getting rid of Kirkpatrick's destructive play, losing his damn salary would be a bonus as well. I like Phillips but see him as a 4th CB on this team.

S..I am good with our starting safeties, but wouldn't mind a second safety more like Bates, but Williams has been decent this year. Our backups are okay, and on special teams they are good.

Special Teams: Huber and Bullock....they are good, so no need to mess with that.

We need the following new starters on this team:

RT, TE, #3 WR, DT/NT, WILL, MIKE, SAM LB's, #2 CB

Let Brown leave, release Burfict and see if you can manage to trade Kirkpatrick for anything just to get out from his salary for a team in very desperate need of CB. A healthy Brown might be okay too if you get two LB's flanking him that have massive speed and some size. We need a Luke Kuechly type of LB. Anyone in the 1st round worthy of that pick up around 10-14?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good write up.

The Bengals are just going to regroup and use injuries as excuses again, hope will spring eternal in the spring, and the same thing will happen again, although probably not as bad as it is now.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize he was leading the AFC in rushing yards at 995. He has been running pretty well and our run blocking has been pretty decent.

I am thinking we need a RT in FA or the draft still, get Redmond out of there at RG and insert Westerman, but I am okay with the rest of the oline.

Green, Boyd and one more top shelf WR to go with Ross and Erickson.

I am good with Mixon, Bernard and Walton.

I am okay with Dalton, but would love to see Haskins in a Bengals uniform. Looks like Haskins is going back to OSU for another year though. He should be the #1 draft pick next year if he repeats what he did again.

Defense is all sorts screwed up.

I still like Dunlap, Atkins, Hubbard and Willis. Need a legit run stuffing NT though and I am not sure Billings is that guy.

LB...damn near need to start over. Brown and Burfict have been hurt, along with Vigil, but I have little to no confidence in Burfict anymore, Vigil is okay, but I think he is still more a utility backup player, and Brown, this just may not be the right system for him. Our LB's are required to be sideline to sideline with massive speed. I like Evan's and his speed, but he seems more like a backup as well. Way I see it, we damn near need 3 starting LB's, let Brown, Burfict walk and make Vigil and Evans backups.

CB..Kirkpatrick is horrible, we need to replace him. Jackson legit #1, Dennard solid nickle. We need a legit #2 CB to pair with Jackson. Plus, not only getting rid of Kirkpatrick's destructive play, losing his damn salary would be a bonus as well. I like Phillips but see him as a 4th CB on this team.

S..I am good with our starting safeties, but wouldn't mind a second safety more like Bates, but Williams has been decent this year. Our backups are okay, and on special teams they are good.

Special Teams: Huber and Bullock....they are good, so no need to mess with that.

We need the following new starters on this team:

RT, TE, #3 WR, DT/NT, WILL, MIKE, SAM LB's, #2 CB

Let Brown leave, release Burfict and see if you can manage to trade Kirkpatrick for anything just to get out from his salary for a team in very desperate need of CB. A healthy Brown might be okay too if you get two LB's flanking him that have massive speed and some size. We need a Luke Kuechly type of LB. Anyone in the 1st round worthy of that pick up around 10-14?

Agreed with most of that.

I think I'd keep Brown, and build around him. Still pretty young, and overall has been productive in the NFL. LB corps needs speed badly. Add in another CB, and I think returning the rest of the guys could bolster the unit.

Offensively, OL and TE...if you can't find a TE then you have to find another WR to stretch the middle. AJ and Boyd are going to man the outside, and do well. Defenses will take that away. Without someone to take advantage of the middle, the offense will continue to struggle, especially on 3rd downs.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with most of that.

I think I'd keep Brown, and build around him. Still pretty young, and overall has been productive in the NFL. LB corps needs speed badly. Add in another CB, and I think returning the rest of the guys could bolster the unit.

Offensively, OL and TE...if you can't find a TE then you have to find another WR to stretch the middle. AJ and Boyd are going to man the outside, and do well. Defenses will take that away. Without someone to take advantage of the middle, the offense will continue to struggle, especially on 3rd downs.

You think if we were able to resign Eifert to a smaller contract, 1 year again, and get maybe 4 or 5 games out of him before he gets hurt that Kroft and Uzomah could handle TE for another year? I am okay with drafting one or picking one up in free agency I guess, but not real interested in investing a lot in one this year with all our major needs, especially on defense.

Like I said, I think we can weather Brown, maybe a healthy Brown will be the guy in the middle we need as long as he has good backers flanking him. Still have Carl Lawson coming back also that is mostly a rush LB. However, if Josh Allen is available, he is the guy we need and want to lineup and cover a TE finally. I think he should be our focus, which means starting to really lose now. I think Allen will be a top 10 pick, maybe lower on the top 10 say between 8-10, but you never know.