• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minor movement

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Now I know it's hard to predict, but baised on that lineup, where do you think we should make a deal for Sanchez? I say maybe package Peguero and Sanchez for a power outfielder.

I'd prefer to either deal Chez and Zeets for prospects or let them walk for draft picks.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hector Cortea and Wendell Fairely(???) promoted to AA Richmond. Ehire Adrianza promoted to High A San Jose.

Worth noting, Chris Dominguez is tearing it up in AA, a really tough hitters ballpark and league.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hector Cortea and Wendell Fairely(???) promoted to AA Richmond. Ehire Adrianza promoted to High A San Jose.

Worth noting, Chris Dominguez is tearing it up in AA, a really tough hitters ballpark and league.

Correa has been dealing, so no shocker there...

Fairley getting the bump means one of two things...

1) He is now org depth and they dont care

2) Shit or get off the pot

Dominguez crushing higher level is VERY nice, but it could be that he just does not have good pitch recognitions (AA pitchers are working on, and succeeding in finding the zone -- they don't care about getting him out). At lower levels, he was not as successful because he was swinging (and missing) at bad, missed pitches.

Just a theory for Dominguez...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correa has been dealing, so no shocker there...

Fairley getting the bump means one of two things...

1) He is now org depth and they dont care

2) Shit or get off the pot

Dominguez crushing higher level is VERY nice, but it could be that he just does not have good pitch recognitions (AA pitchers are working on, and succeeding in finding the zone -- they don't care about getting him out). At lower levels, he was not as successful because he was swinging (and missing) at bad, missed pitches.

Just a theory for Dominguez...

I'm still on the fence with Dominguez, but it is certainly nice to see him hitting. And at least he is crushing the ball like he should be if your theory is true.

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
CF Brown
2B Panik
1B Posey
3B Panda
LF Belt
C Sanchez
RF Peguero
SS Crawford

IF: Gillaspie,Dominguez,Noonan
OF: Neal,Ford
C: Monell

SP: Timmy, Cain, Bum, Surkamp, Wheeler
RP: Wilson, Romo, Stoffel, Edlefsen, Hinshaw, Hembree, Runzler...................Here is a little twist on the lineup if Posey gets moved to 1B to save his career.I dont think Nate,Torres or Pill will be on our roster in 2013.And Dont count Craig Clark and Chris Gloor out as lefties in the bullpen or maybe in the rotation in Clark's case.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CF Brown
2B Panik
1B Posey
3B Panda
LF Belt
C Sanchez
RF Peguero
SS Crawford

IF: Gillaspie,Dominguez,Noonan
OF: Neal,Ford
C: Monell

SP: Timmy, Cain, Bum, Surkamp, Wheeler
RP: Wilson, Romo, Stoffel, Edlefsen, Hinshaw, Hembree, Runzler...................Here is a little twist on the lineup if Posey gets moved to 1B to save his career.I dont think Nate,Torres or Pill will be on our roster in 2013.And Dont count Craig Clark and Chris Gloor out as lefties in the bullpen or maybe in the rotation in Clark's case.

Moving Posey to 1b diminishes his value significantly. I'd prefer:

CF Brown
2B Panik
C Posey
3B Panda
1B Belt
LF Neal
RF Nate
SS Crawford

Bench -- Sanchez (C), Adrianza (SS, 2B). Dominguez (3B, 1B), Peguero (OF), Jones (OF)

SP -- Tim, Cain, Bum, Wheeler, Surkamp
RP -- Wilson, Romo, RamRam, Casilla, Runzler, Hembree, Bochy

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Moving Posey to 1b diminishes his value significantly.

You know what diminishes Posey's value? Getting hurt trying to make a tag on a sac fly and losing him for almost an entire season.

Putting Posey at first enables him to play every day without worry of injury or worry of his knees going out on him 10 years too early.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know what diminishes Posey's value? Getting hurt trying to make a tag on a sac fly and losing him for almost an entire season.

Putting Posey at first enables him to play every day without worry of injury or worry of his knees going out on him 10 years too early.

Freak accidents can happen wherever we put him, look at the Pujols injury recently (obviously it could've been a lot worse.) While I agree that he's less likely to get injured at another position, it is still possible anywhere on the diamond. Posey's offense wouldn't be considered so great if we were to put him at 1B, he'd be Billy Butler. Bottom line is that for the good of the team:
Posey + Replacement level/league avg. 1B >>>>>>>>> Posey + Replacement level/league avg. C

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope for Posey long term is 3B. I wouldn't mind him catching for maybe 3 more seasons tops, but I'm all for him moving to the hot corner. Qualifier, I have done zero research on the matter and haven't thought much on this idea (so I could be dead wrong).....it's just always been kind of the first thing I thought of when he came up and started producing.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My hope for Posey long term is 3B. I wouldn't mind him catching for maybe 3 more seasons tops, but I'm all for him moving to the hot corner. Qualifier, I have done zero research on the matter and haven't thought much on this idea (so I could be dead wrong).....it's just always been kind of the first thing I thought of when he came up and started producing.

Then do you want to move Panda to 1B and Belt to LF?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then do you want to move Panda to 1B and Belt to LF?

I'd rather that than move Posey to 1B I think. Besides, in my hypothetical, it would be 3 years from now. Some of those questions may have answered themselves.

Just to play along though with the proposed scenario above, I think it would be justifiable at the very least. Belt seems athletic enough to be a reasonable LF'er (maybe a large assumption on my part) and Pablo/Buster at 3rd or 1st would be the same thing anyway from a batting performance perspective so it wouldn't really matter what positions defensively they played.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Belt is in San Jose now. I'm thinking this has to do with the minor league all star break and the Giants desire for him to hit every day. We'll find out today I guess if he's back with the Grizzlies.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
FWIW, Belt is in San Jose now. I'm thinking this has to do with the minor league all star break and the Giants desire for him to hit every day. We'll find out today I guess if he's back with the Grizzlies.

That's exactly what it is. I heard on the radio this morning that he will be back in Fresno as soon as the Triple-A all-star break is over.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

3B is as much of a power position as 1B so putting Posey there yields the same results.

If you want to give an off-the-cuff idea, why not do what the Ass-tros did with Craig Biggio. They brought him up as a C and then moved him to 2B after a few seasons to save his knees. Posey was a SS in college so i have no doubt that he could learn 2B quickly.

Sanchez ain't getting any younger.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's exactly what it is. I heard on the radio this morning that he will be back in Fresno as soon as the Triple-A all-star break is over.

Just found some confirmation about belt on MiLB.com

San Jose able to benefit from Belt's bat | MiLB.com News | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

"He has driven in runs in three straight games for Fresno, including a three-RBI performance July 10, before being sent to San Jose for Tuesday's game while the Grizzlies are on a break for the Triple-A All-Star Game."

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3B is as much of a power position as 1B so putting Posey there yields the same results.

If you want to give an off-the-cuff idea, why not do what the Ass-tros did with Craig Biggio. They brought him up as a C and then moved him to 2B after a few seasons to save his knees. Posey was a SS in college so i have no doubt that he could learn 2B quickly.

Sanchez ain't getting any younger.

Sure, but in my estimation it would be easier to find power bat/passable defensively 1B than a 3B. That may not be true though, like said, I didn't give it much thought. It was more just the first thing that popped into my head after watching Posey play (and perform) once he made the big club. That and my answer was based off of the supposed hypo given by Nate.

I could have I suppose, but it wouldn't have been "off-the-cuff".....or at least not mine.....it would be stealing your off-the-cuff idea. ;)
Plus, I always kind of thought of Posey as a better 3B (to SS or 2B) because he does have quick feet/reflexes, but not great top speed/quickness. 2B would still be a lot of ground for him to cover imhumbleo (not saying he couldn't do it, just why 3B was my original line of thought). He just seems like he's built more like a 3B (even though there are exceptions like Uggla). I think Biggio (it seemed anyway) was/would be quicker to his left and right then Buster would be. Even though there is a good chance I'm 100% wrong.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Panda will be battling Zimmerman for the next few years for the "Best 3B in the Leauge" distinction. I don't want to move him; he's valuable there. Posey is off-the-charts valuable at C, and Belt's natural position is 1B.

I say we don't fuck with these things.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Panda will be battling Zimmerman for the next few years for the "Best 3B in the Leauge" distinction. I don't want to move him; he's valuable there. Posey is off-the-charts valuable at C, and Belt's natural position is 1B.

I say we move Vogelsong to LF he's a pretty good hitting Pitcher. ;)

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this. I also stated that I thought this was a future move, not an immediate future move......not to mention the fact that it was more just an initial thought when he first started producing at the MLB level. Likesaid, some of these questions that we are extrapolating on will probably be answered if you were to fast forward 3 years from now.

Last edited by a moderator:

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Except for the bolded, THIS! I don't think that Panda will ever be on Zimmerman's level defensively, but at the plate I agree with you. Also, isn't the old phrase "you don't move a guy until you have to?" Something like that.