• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minor movement

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for the bolded, THIS! I don't think that Panda will ever be on Zimmerman's level defensively, but at the plate I agree with you. Also, isn't the old phrase "you don't move a guy until you have to?" Something like that.

Panda is above average with the glove. Zim's better defensively, but Panda probably has more power so I'd tip the scales toward Pablo in the future.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed that Delino DeShields Jr. is on the Augusta roster....wasn't he drafted top 10 by the Astros last year? If so, WTF???

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed that Delino DeShields Jr. is on the Augusta roster....wasn't he drafted top 10 by the Astros last year? If so, WTF???

He was drafted 8th by the Astros last year, but everything that I see states that he is still with Lexington. The Astros affiliate did play against the Augusta Green Jackets this weekend, though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit...

I just realized what the San jose roster will be next year...

C - Susac
1B - Oropesa
2B - Willoughby
SS - Panik
3B - Duvall
OF - Jones
OF - Rodriguez
OF - Fuentes

A legit prospect at EVERY spot, with AT LEAST 3 Blue Chippers (Panik, Susac, Fuentes, with Rodriguez and Jones just on the cusp)

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit...

C - Susac
1B - Oropesa
2B - Willoughby
SS - Panik
3B - Duvall
OF - Jones
OF - Rodriguez
OF - Fuentes

A legit prospect at EVERY spot, with AT LEAST 3 Blue Chippers (Panik, Susac, Fuentes, with Rodriguez and Jones just on the cusp)

Always a fun team to watch next year should be no exception. Though a few changes maybe? I see them being aggressive with college bats like Panik and Susac and guys like Willougby, RafRod and Duvall are due for promotions but do you really think Jones will make that jump? It's been awhile since they've had a prospect like him so hard to look at history. They've been aggressive with their high school pitchers, but progressed Tommy Joseph along methodically, a HS bat.

In any case, it will be another fun year for the little Giants.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was drafted 8th by the Astros last year, but everything that I see states that he is still with Lexington. The Astros affiliate did play against the Augusta Green Jackets this weekend, though.

Here's what I read:

A-: Augusta defeated Lexington 9-1

Augusta: 1B Josh Mazzola: 4 for 4, 2B, HBP
Augusta: LF Devin Harris: 2 for 5, HR, SO
Augusta: C Jeff Arnold: 1 for 4, HR, BB, E
Augusta: 2B Delino DeShields Jr: 2 for 4, 2B, SB

I checked the box score, and DeShields is indeed still playing for Lexington. I got some bad info, which is why I questioned it.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit...

C - Susac
1B - Oropesa
2B - Willoughby
SS - Panik
3B - Duvall
OF - Jones
OF - Rodriguez
OF - Fuentes

Could be they keep Adrianza back and play Panik at 2b (where he is much better suited, IMO). Agree that ToJo, Anders, Cavan, Brown, and Parker will be in Richmond next year, though. Simmons, Lofton, and/or Lollis may play into that SJ outfield in 2012 as well.

Do you see Culberson in Fresno with Cavan moving up to Richmond? If so, wither Burriss?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be they keep Adrianza back and play Panik at 2b (where he is much better suited, IMO). Agree that ToJo, Anders, Cavan, Brown, and Parker will be in Richmond next year, though. Simmons, Lofton, and/or Lollis may play into that SJ outfield in 2012 as well.

Do you see Culberson in Fresno with Cavan moving up to Richmond? If so, wither Burriss?

Upon further review, I think my projected SJ OF is more likely going to be in Augusta. They are all super young with sick-high ceilings, so there is no reason to rush any of them.

I would not be shocked to see Parker and Lofton and maybe Krill manning the OF in SJ next year. Not quite Jones/Fuentes/RafRod, but certainly capable.

To be honest, I couldn't care less about Culberson. In my eyes, he is filler. He will probably be in Fresno, and become the next Rohlinger. Burriss I THINK is out of options after this year, and I think he would make a great speed / util guy from the bench. I think he is SF bound, at least for the next couple years (a good AU).

If Adrianza is in SJ again in '12, than that is a HUGE blow to his prospect status. I would read that as the Giants essentially writing him off, and I would be surprised at that.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panik is RAKING in Salem!

.335/.394/.465, 6 homers, 52 RBI, 13 steals and a 26/25 BB/K ratio in 260 ABs. Good to see, I'm excited already!.

Tommy Joseph with a really nice year too in SJ.

.270/.311/.471, 20 homers, 87 RBI though 25/95 BB/K ratio(though improved over last year) in 478 ABs. Pretty damn good as a 21 year old catcher.

And Ehire Adrianza having a good bounceback year in SJ (his second try there).

.304/.379/.485, 22 doubles and a 20/41 BB/K ratio in 204 ABs. If his bat is even decent, we have a SS competition in the works (Stamos and Ehire)

Giants seemed to have given up on Nick Noonan. He's bounced all over the place this year, organizational depth IMO. Same with Wendell Fairley

Culberson is lost as well, not even worth putting up him numbers.

Peguero hitting .317 in AA and only has 1 CS this year (had 22! last year).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. That 2007 class ended up being a bunch of bums, except Bum.

Fairley - bust
Williams - bust
Noonan - bust
Culberson - bust
Alderson - bust (not necessarily for the Giants, but HE is a bust)
Bum - Teh Bum

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Giants have a decent shot at FOUR players getting ranked in the top 100 next year...

Brown
Panik
Hembree
Joseph

Apparently, ToJo has REALLY opened a LOT of eyes in the scouting communities this year with his HUGE leaps he has taken this year, particularly on defense. I suspect it will still be a stretch for him to actually break the top 100, but I would not be shocked by any stretch...

You have to also think Susac has an outside shot at the list as well, but I would be shocked to see him there...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Giants have a decent shot at FOUR players getting ranked in the top 100 next year...

Brown
Panik
Hembree
Joseph

Apparently, ToJo has REALLY opened a LOT of eyes in the scouting communities this year with his HUGE leaps he has taken this year, particularly on defense. I suspect it will still be a stretch for him to actually break the top 100, but I would not be shocked by any stretch...

You have to also think Susac has an outside shot at the list as well, but I would be shocked to see him there...

You WATCH YOUR MOUTH with my boy Susac....

BRING ME THE TOP 100

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brown
Panik
Hembree
Joseph

Thats good to hear. It's also good to see he's making more contact this year. Still needs to work on it, but he has made great strides thus far.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richmond is down 2-1 in the Eastern League playoffs. They won the first game, 10-9, but have lost the last two, the last one last night at home.

They are playing New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Blue Jays) today in game for of the best of five.

Good luck Flying Squirrels!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richmond is down 2-1 in the Eastern League playoffs. They won the first game, 10-9, but have lost the last two, the last one last night at home.

They are playing New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Blue Jays) today in game for of the best of five.

Good luck Flying Squirrels!

Richmond lost tonight. We will see now if Peggy gets the call for a cup a' joe.