• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mindless NBA LOTTO PREDICTION THREAD

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves should move Pek and get themselves another pick!!

The Wolves would have to give away a first rounder to get anyone to take Pek's contract off their hands.

Chances are he is more or less done. His type of foot injuries on big guys like him don't heal, they just persist until the player reluctantly calls it a career.

Damn shame.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why everyone thinks Towns is a center. He's a PF to me. The first thing his NBA team is going to do with him is tell him to lose the 20-30lbs of baby fat he has on his frame. After he does that he is no different than a Lamarcus Alderidge type prospect.

I think my Wolves go Okafor for just that reason in fact. While Okafor isn't as good of a defender, his supreme ability in the post will actually force a team to keep a legit center on the court. Towns I don't think has quite that same ability in the post that would force a true center match up. Meaning that while Towns is a better individual defender, Okafor in the NBA is actually going to better at slowing the other team down because they won't be able to go small against them when he is on the court (meaning every team without a good center will have to play a non-scoring player at all times).

Last edited:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the Lakers moving up two spots mean that the fix was in, or only if they got #1?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why everyone thinks Towns is a center. He's a PF to me. The first thing his NBA team is going to do with him is tell him to lose the 20-30lbs of baby fat he has on his frame. After he does that he is no different than a Lamarcus Alderidge type prospect.

I think my Wolves go Okafor for just that reason in fact. While Okafor isn't as good of a defender, his supreme ability in the post will actually force a team to keep a legit center on the court. Towns I don't think has quite that same ability in the post that would force a true center match up. Meaning that while Towns is a better individual defender, Okafor in the NBA is actually going to better at slowing the other team down because they won't be able to go small against them when he is on the court (meaning every team without a good center will have to play a non-scoring player at all times).

Towns has some nice touch with the hook from both sides. His offense will get better. He is much better defensively and on the boards than Okafor. Okafor is going to get killed in pick and roll defense in the pros and he is not a good rim protector. I sure hope your Wolves go for Okafor as I think Towns ultimately becomes the better pro.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

20-30 pounds of baby fat? Towns is 6'11" 255. Okafor is 6'10" 271. You sure you're not mixing them up?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Okafor being too great in the NBA. I see a ton of Joe Smith in him. He will be a good big man, but not a superstar. Towns looks like the bigger talent to me. I want to see the Lakers be bold and draft deangelo Russell. I think we're going to look back at this draft and remember him as the best player drafted in it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Okafor being too great in the NBA. I see a ton of Joe Smith in him. He will be a good big man, but not a superstar. Towns looks like the bigger talent to me. I want to see the Lakers be bold and draft deangelo Russell. I think we're going to look back at this draft and remember him as the best player drafted in it.

For me, for the Lakers I like in order:

1. Towns
2. Russell
3. Okafor

I originally had Okafor 2nd and Russell 3rd, but the more I hear about Okafor, the more I like Russell. Don't get me wrong, I'll be thrilled if it's Okafor, but I question his defense compared to Towns. Getting guys who can score in the NBA is easy, getting guys who can play great defense isn't.

If the Lakers take Russell, then I think that means they have something going on behind the scenes and feel they can get one of the FA bigs like Gasol, Jordan, etc.