• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mindless NBA LOTTO PREDICTION THREAD

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic said the Lakers should be contenders next year lol.

Maybe he has a very loose definition of contender

Congrats, Laker Fans.

Okafor is a stud.

But, what to do with Randle?

I guess they will sort it out in Free Agency.

But, what a nice problem to have.

He's a 4 right now. But...from the looks of him, he appears to have lost weight and has reportedly been working on his 3 pt shot. He had good handle in HS but didn't use it much in college. All these signs to me point to him eventually turning into a SF or playing some type of hybrid forward like Harrison Barnes or Lamar Odom

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Okafor can play the 5 in the NBA?

Well, at worst, he'd be Brook Lopez.

You would take your lumps defensively.

But, he'd give the other Team hell on the other end of the floor.

He's 6'10" and built pretty solid.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those guys can shoot worth a lick.

And Rubio might be the worst shooter out of all of them. They need to trade some of those guys for team players.

Wolves have never really had a good shooter and offense has been far from the problem. They need defense which is why I hope they go towns. Wiggins, Muhammad and Lavine(at his natural position) all have shooting potential.

It's a fantastic core.

But I questioning your "none of these teams have high draft picks" comment.

Cavs 3 most important players leBron, Kyrie and Thompson all went in the lottery.

Warriors Curry, Klay, Green and Barnes as key draft picks.

Hawks did it differently but they play in the shit east and were built for regular season. Should have lost to wizards(built with two draft studs) if not for walls injury.

Houston made big trades for superstar high draft pick players.

The thunder have been young as shit and went to a finals.

Idk where you got the idea that lottery talent can't play together.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 6'10" and built pretty solid.

Yeah....there are very few pure pg's in the NBA and even fewer true Centers.

Either guy will be a future cornerstone.

Again, I'm not great at judging " potential".

Towns may very well be the next great Center.

But, I would rather have Okafor.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he has a very loose definition of contender

He's a 4 right now. But...from the looks of him, he appears to have lost weight and has reportedly been working on his 3 pt shot. He had good handle in HS but didn't use it much in college. All these signs to me point to him eventually turning into a SF or playing some type of hybrid forward like Harrison Barnes or Lamar Odom

Well, that would just be unfair...lol

You guys are gonna have a fun off season.

The #2 pick and oodles of Capspace.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nba draft lottery is mindless. Totally rigged. The Lakers jump up into the 2nd spot in another weak draft. Really no consensus dominant player so this gives them a chance to get the best player. Should also take notice that the team with best odds finally got the number one pick for 1st time in over a decade. Yet teams like the bulls and spurs somehow got elite players such as rose and duncan. Ewing to the knicks. The list goes on and on. Davis to new Orleans was also suspicious

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nba draft lottery is mindless. Totally rigged. The Lakers jump up into the 2nd spot in another weak draft. Really no consensus dominant player so this gives them a chance to get the best player. Should also take notice that the team with best odds finally got the number one pick for 1st time in over a decade. Yet teams like the bulls and spurs somehow got elite players such as rose and duncan. Ewing to the knicks. The list goes on and on. Davis to new Orleans was also suspicious

All 14 teams... several media outlets... and a 3rd party accounting firm all have representatives in the sequestered room. Oh, and its all filmed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....there are very few pure pg's in the NBA and even fewer true Centers.

Either guy will be a future cornerstone.

Again, I'm not great at judging " potential".

Towns may very well be the next great Center.

But, I would rather have Okafor.

Both guys have areas where they need to improve. Okafor is very polished offensively, but needs work on the defensive end. Towns, on the other hand, is a better defender but needs work on offense.

Considering that Byron has been constantly talking defense since the day he was hired, Towns may be a better immediate fit. They really can't go wrong though. It's kind of like "which super model would you rather date?". :lol:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But you had no complaints when the Lakers got the 7th pick last year right? NY is the biggest market, why haven't they got a number 1 pick?

Look, im not saying that it is rigged or not, but we need evidence to make such claims.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves have never really had a good shooter and offense has been far from the problem. They need defense which is why I hope they go towns. Wiggins, Muhammad and Lavine(at his natural position) all have shooting potential.

It's a fantastic core.

But I questioning your "none of these teams have high draft picks" comment.

Cavs 3 most important players leBron, Kyrie and Thompson all went in the lottery.

Warriors Curry, Klay, Green and Barnes as key draft picks.

Hawks did it differently but they play in the shit east and were built for regular season. Should have lost to wizards(built with two draft studs) if not for walls injury.

Houston made big trades for superstar high draft pick players.

The thunder have been young as shit and went to a finals.

Idk where you got the idea that lottery talent can't play together.

Yes, OKC did that, but I don't think the guys that Minny has are on that level.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:tinfoil3:

The Spurs got the #1 pick because David Robinson was only available for 6 games because of injury and Chuck Person missed the entire season due to injury. They finished 20-62 and got lucky in the lottery.

The season before they got Rose, the Bulls were 33-49 and had gone through a stretch where they didn't even make the playoffs from the time MJ retired to 2004-05.

And as Lakers+USC said, I'll bet you weren't complaining last year when the Lakers dropped from #5 to #7 in the draft.

And why the hell would the league want to prop up the Spurs? They weren't exactly must see t.v. back then. In fact, for years it was said that the Spurs making the finals was something the NBA dreaded because it would kill ratings.

If the league wanted to "help" a team, it sure as hell wouldn't have been the Spurs.

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 14 teams... several media outlets... and a 3rd party accounting firm all have representatives in the sequestered room. Oh, and its all filmed.

Without a doubt this system cannot be rigged.

Was it possible the Ewing envelope was frozen 30 years ago?
Yes.
Was it?
Only Stern and maybe 1 other person knows for sure.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What happened last summer when they dropped in the lottery?

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, OKC did that, but I don't think the guys that Minny has are on that level.

Definitely not saying that. Shit the wolves need to make the playoffs for once in a decade first. Just showing that the talent the are pooling together is huge. Piecing it together with vets will come.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not saying that. Shit the wolves need to make the playoffs for once in a decade first. Just showing that the talent the are pooling together is huge. Piecing it together with vets will come.

I agree.

Wiggins, Lavine and either Okafor/Towns all have All Star potential.

They will have a talented, young core that can grow together.

Honestly, it reminds me of the KG/Starbury early days.

Lets just hope nobody gets bitten by the green-eyed monster or starts eating vasoline on video chats.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 3 teams are going to get what they want. Russell in Philly is going to be great with Noel & Embiid. Minny & the Lakers can't go wrong with either Center. I'd take Towns 1st overall though.

I expect big things from Winslow, Cauley Stein & Booker. I think those three could definitely help any team who picks them.