• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MIKE RICHARDS...ITS TIME!!!

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2 POINTS IN THE PLAYOFFS...2... Ahead of him coburn maz...tems...THE CAPTAIN??? quotes": never been stronger..."...really apologies not excepted...sorry tox...I WANT ANSWERS...CAPTAIN OF WHAT!!!...dont get me wrong great win...richards...lame...

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The captain can make an impact in other areas ... It doesn't have to be on the scoresheet.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bull shit...two assist...coburn has more points...if he doesnt get to assist he is not on the list of playoff point getter...STOP...i love richards but a spade is a spade...just ask him...

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The knee-jerk reactions around here are pathetic. It almost like I'm back at the swamp. Yeah ... I said it.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[youtube]5wWNbu_f2PE&feature=related[/youtube]

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richards has 4 assists in 6 games, not two.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, let me expand on my comments about Richards.

First off - he has 4 points in 6 games. Not great by any stretch of the imagination. But he's still tied for 4th on the team, with Hartnell and Versteeg (no, really, Versteeg). He's also 6th in terms of production, which means that he's not doing too badly, despite what we might hope from him.

Now while we'd all love to see better offensive numbers from our Cap-i-tan, it's really the defensive numbers that justify why we keep him around. Nobody expects Richards to get a hat trick every night. But we do hope he is a plus player. And he has been. He's +4 in the postseason, tied for third on the team with Giroux and Coburn, behind Timonen and... VERSTEEG? I think these stats are broken. Anyway, as I was saying, he hasn't had a minus game all series, and in 3 of the 4 games we scored in, the ones where you CAN be plus, he was a plus player.

If you want to argue that you expect more out of him as our captain, that's fine. But let's not go crazy and say that he isn't worthy of the title. He just is in a bit of a slump. The biggest complaint about him so far is that he has 4 minor penalties and a non-fighting major, and you can't do that in the playoffs. Granted, the refs are really making it hard to play on the edge because the edge seems to be a little more... let's say, mobile, than most lines, but he's gotta stay a bit more disciplined.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First off - he has 4 points in 6 games. Not great by any stretch of the imagination. But he's still tied for 4th on the team, with Hartnell and Versteeg (no, really, Versteeg). He's also 6th in terms of production, which means that he's not doing too badly, despite what we might hope from him.

Now while we'd all love to see better offensive numbers from our Cap-i-tan, it's really the defensive numbers that justify why we keep him around. Nobody expects Richards to get a hat trick every night. But we do hope he is a plus player. And he has been. He's +4 in the postseason, tied for third on the team with Giroux and Coburn, behind Timonen and... VERSTEEG? I think these stats are broken. Anyway, as I was saying, he hasn't had a minus game all series, and in 3 of the 4 games we scored in, the ones where you CAN be plus, he was a plus player.

If you want to argue that you expect more out of him as our captain, that's fine. But let's not go crazy and say that he isn't worthy of the title. He just is in a bit of a slump. The biggest complaint about him so far is that he has 4 minor penalties and a non-fighting major, and you can't do that in the playoffs. Granted, the refs are really making it hard to play on the edge because the edge seems to be a little more... let's say, mobile, than most lines, but he's gotta stay a bit more disciplined.

Wow a post on here that isnt bashing Versteeg???? whaaat

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The knee-jerk reactions around here are pathetic. It almost like I'm back at the swamp. Yeah ... I said it.

Yes, sometimes folks (including myself!) post out of anger in the heat of the moment. So what? It's a sports message board. Folks are passionate.....shit happens, but to say this place is the same as the fucking swamp?? That's bullshit.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Hey, if you want to put up a thread praising him....have at it!

I attempted to a few weeks ago when he was being bashed and I was bashed as well. So I have been silent on him and Z and now look.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No offense soulflax...just being Maniaa...lol...all said...Glad they didnt suspend him...GO FLYERS!!!

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense soulflax...just being Maniaa...lol...all said...Glad they didnt suspend him...GO FLYERS!!!

Hmmmm... perhaps I was guilty of the same thing I was breaking your stones for...

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, sometimes folks (including myself!) post out of anger in the heat of the moment. So what? It's a sports message board. Folks are passionate.....shit happens, but to say this place is the same as the fucking swamp?? That's bullshit.

Is it wrong to expect more from classy fans like us? :first:

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't mind Richards' penalties. The elbowing major was a joke, so I can't count that against him. I'd rather him play with intensity and pick up a few penalties than play timid (of course, he's kind of been doing a little bit of both).

The truth about this series is it would have been a sweep but for the goaltending. Miller has played absolutely amazing all series, and the Flyers can't seem to end a game with the same goalie they started with. It's almost unfair to evaluate any other player in this kind of a situation. If the Flyers won this series 4-0 or 4-1, would anyone be making threads about which Flyers aren't playing well enough or who really needs to step up their game?