• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Brown - Changing the Tide

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not Hobs take, this is my own personal take. I just think most these millionaires are getting a little soft. Just my take.

There's no doubt that modern athletes don't need to deal with as much physical torture. Look at baseball - You no longer expect your favorite starter to trot out there every 3 days.

I don't think it's making them soft. The games have changed a lot. And it's not worth it to have your team at a physical disadvantage on Sundays just because you want them to be less "soft" during the week.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt that modern athletes don't need to deal with as much physical torture. Look at baseball - You no longer expect your favorite starter to trot out there every 3 days.

I don't think it's making them soft. The games have changed a lot. And it's not worth it to have your team at a physical disadvantage on Sundays just because you want them to be less "soft" during the week.
As athletes have gotten bigger, stronger, faster - the physical science behind keeping them healthy has changed. The amount of torque and pressure these athletes now sustain in a game is nowhere near 20-30-40 years ago.

With the amount of money invested in top athletes - it makes 100% sense to ensure that everything is done in a manner that keeps them healthy and 100% ready going into the games. If anyone thinks risking injury to practice in 10 degree weather, torrential downpours, or old/worn out practice fields gives their team an edge over a team that gets to practice indoors where everything is controlled...well, then they might just be Mike Brown...lol

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not Mike Brown. HBK will verify that, as we met at a Bengals training camp once in Kentucky. I think you were supposed to meet with us also Cincy, but you bailed. lol However, the practice facility is not that warn. Looks pretty damn nice actually, just not indoors. Weather is a factor at times but I don't think it is that big of a deal. Maybe all these athletes with indoor facilities injury more easily when introduced to elements during a game scenario? Don't know. Just saying, I don't think it is that big of a deal.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not Mike Brown. HBK will verify that, as we met at a Bengals training camp once in Kentucky. I think you were supposed to meet with us also Cincy, but you bailed. lol However, the practice facility is not that warn. Looks pretty damn nice actually, just not indoors. Weather is a factor at times but I don't think it is that big of a deal. Maybe all these athletes with indoor facilities injury more easily when introduced to elements during a game scenario? Don't know. Just saying, I don't think it is that big of a deal.
Maybe I was??? I know I was set to meet Jwil at one point, but he had issues - I think his dad? It's been a long time - and I went to quite a few in G-town taking the kids.

Anyway - I agree that a practice facility isn't the end of the road - but it's one of those things that everyone else has kind of jumped on board as an NFL owner in the northern states because cold weather can come as soon as September - and can really throw off a practice week if you end up with a few days of torrential downpours or really cold/snowy/icey weather.

Again - with the amount of money invested in the players - it only makes sense to invest in a practice facility that ensures that they are getting the most of out their bodies, while trying to simultaneously keep them as safe as possible from injury. It's why you buy a cover for your grill outside, or a dog house, or whatever you wish to use here - you put your money into something, you should want to protect it.

End of the road, no, but it does seem silly when you refuse to build a facility - but then are forced to bus major league players to college campuses or a high-school athletic field because they have what an NFL franchise doesn't.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Massilon fucking high school.... Mike Brown is in charge of an organization worth 1.8 Billions dollars. Do you believe he couldn't buy land near the stadium for construction of a facility?

img_0128.jpg

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike brown isn't going to pay for anything that isn't necessary. According to one of his old players, gatorade is one of those things. you buy your own gatorade.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if one of the reasons Brown can't put up a practice bubble similar to the one at UC is the politics involved. Take FCC for example, every move they make r/t real estate (and some other issues) is scrutinized by one group or another.

Maybe by renting the one at UC or renting the field at Wall2Wall in Mason is just the easiest way of not having to deal with the city and the county on zoning, permits, taxes, and all that crap.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if one of the reasons Brown can't put up a practice bubble similar to the one at UC is the politics involved. Take FCC for example, every move they make r/t real estate (and some other issues) is scrutinized by one group or another.

Maybe by renting the one at UC or renting the field at Wall2Wall in Mason is just the easiest way of not having to deal with the city and the county on zoning, permits, taxes, and all that crap.

I don't disagree that politics and real estate are messy. But again, the scale is quite different here. The soccer team of Cincinnati is worth 400 million. The Bengals are worth 1.8 billion. Mike Brown's economic leverage in the city and county is and always has been exponentially higher than any other person - We see this whenever this is a development dispute at the Banks.... He always gets his way. I honestly think he doesn't have a practice facility because he doesn't think it is necessary.