• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Babcock and now Bill Peters death watch

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
One preseason game lol.

But he did play a lot for Randy and does admit that he was, uh, bad (and this is from a player Randy probably liked lol) so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.
In re-reading his tweets, it seems more like a "guys in the league talk to each other"
Basic point remains... Commie isn't alone in his opinion.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Protege” here is Bill Peters

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I knew there was a chance of a domino effect from firing Babcock but who would’ve expected this lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this "news" can't make Oliver Kylington feel all that comfortable.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, really.

Can I still call Mike Commodore a whiny bitch, though?

Commodore's obsession with Blabcock seems a bit unhealthy to me. I picture him as "Shooter McGavin" getting Joe Flaherty to come and fuck him up. I could also picture him as Emmet Walsh going after Navin Johnson, a la The Jerk.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If proven he has to be fired

Absolutely. But how are they going to "prove" something that happened years ago? If there was any evidence of it happening and it was investigated at the time, surely Peters would already have been disciplined for it already?

But this is a convenient time for any player with an axe to grind to bring stuff up now. Gonna have to go get some popcorn and settle in.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. But how are they going to "prove" something that happened years ago? If there was any evidence of it happening and it was investigated at the time, surely Peters would already have been disciplined for it already?

But this is a convenient time for any player with an axe to grind to bring stuff up now. Gonna have to go get some popcorn and settle in.
Other people in the room have to corroborate IMO. If this was a dressing room incident there were 20+ other guys in there.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Commodore's obsession with Blabcock seems a bit unhealthy to me. I picture him as "Shooter McGavin" getting Joe Flaherty to come and fuck him up. I could also picture him as Emmet Walsh going after Navin Johnson, a la The Jerk.
He hates the cans!!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I didn't read Akim's whoel thread. it goes beyond just name calling.
Accusing Peters of cratering his career

Aliu added: "First one to ...admit I rebelled against him. Wouldn't you? And instead of remedying the situation, he wrote a letter to John McDonough and Stan Bowman to have me sent down to the ECHL. 20 year old on pace for 20 goals in his first pro year with zero PP/PK time was off to a great start in his ...Pro career."

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one good thing that may come out of all of this recent happenings is that the old boy hockey culture and associated code of silence might just go the way of the dodo bird. No player should have to go undergo mental abuse including mind games from their coaches and obviously any racial slurs need to be reported and dealt with harshly. You can understand the delay in players reporting these incidents as these coaches wield a tremendous amount of power and influence over a player's future, but hopefully this is starting to change.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one good thing that may come out of all of this recent happenings is that the old boy hockey culture and associated code of silence might just go the way of the dodo bird. No player should have to go undergo mental abuse including mind games from their coaches and obviously any racial slurs need to be reported and dealt with harshly. You can understand the delay in player's reporting these incidents as these coaches wield a tremendous amount of power and influence over a player's future, but hopefully this is starting to change.

Bunch of entitled white boy bullies!!

:bolt::dance::flame:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Presumably easily verified and corroborated then?

Apparently so - I wonder who will be the next coach that the current Flames core of players will tune out in a season and a bit.

Two of Aliu’s Rockford teammates who were in the room at the time of the alleged incident, Simon Pepin and Peter MacArthur, independently corroborated Aliu’s account to TSN on Tuesday.

"I think everyone should be held accountable for their actions or words spoken," Pepin said.

Aliu said Rockford team captain Jake Dowell later confronted Peters about the incident in the coach’s office. Dowell could not immediately be reached for comment.

When Peters then called Aliu into his office to talk about it, Aliu said Peters did not apologize. Instead, Peters again expressed his displeasure in Aliu’s choice of music for the dressing room, with Aliu saying Peters said: “You know, I’m just sick of this n----- s---. It’s every day. From now on, we need to play different music.”

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add another one to the pile