• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miguel Sano and a Prospect for Jose Quintana

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True and that is where the whole "you traded for him" most likely have to keep him in this league hurts. BUT I can always trade him

It doesn't hurt though... He is an elite talent... so even if you do have to keep him, once he throws his first pitch, you might get big offers for him... He is expected to be that good... Just the problem again, is that even if he is as good as everyone thinks and he does stay healthy, he will not reach 200 innings until at least the 2019 season... That is a major hit for an elite pitcher... If that is true, then he better be Ace like in the innings he does throw...

Point is, that at this point he is a HUGE question mark...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not questioning his prospect level... just his immediate production... He has done nothing yet, can we really consider him a good keeper... at this point...

And I'd agree with you... if the 8th keeper otherwise was worth keeping. That's not the case here.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't hurt though... He is an elite talent... so even if you do have to keep him, once he throws his first pitch, you might get big offers for him... He is expected to be that good... Just the problem again, is that even if he is as good as everyone thinks and he does stay healthy, he will not reach 200 innings until at least the 2019 season... That is a major hit for an elite pitcher... If that is true, then he better be Ace like in the innings he does throw...

Who are you keeping?

Giolito or Adam Eaton?

Your points are valid on a roster that has 8 top 100 players. That is not the case here.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

damn you and your logic!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you keeping?

Giolito or Adam Eaton?

Your points are valid on a roster that has 8 top 100 players. That is not the case here.

probably Sano or Eaton... and Giolito (Though should I keep Eaton?)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you keeping?

Giolito or Adam Eaton?

If Giolito doesn't pitch at all this season, then probably eaton... I don't see Giolito being a top 8 round pick in a redraft, and I would treat this the same as 8 keepers is not that much... when Minor leagues count as well...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Giolito doesn't pitch at all this season, then probably eaton... I don't see Giolito being a top 8 round pick in a redraft, and I would treat this the same as 8 keepers is not that much... when Minor leagues count as well...

Seriously?

You'd keep someone you know will not be elite just to fill a spot that you can easily replace, over a stud prospect whom at the very least has higher trade value?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably Sano or Eaton... and Giolito (Though should I keep Eaton?)

I was asking milk...

But to your point. Sano and Giolito are definite keeps.

Right now, sure, you have EE and Frazier types, but I would certainly be trading them at the deadline.

That's me though.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was asking milk...

But to your point. Sano and Giolito are definite keeps.

Right now, sure, you have EE and Frazier types, but I would certainly be trading them at the deadline.

That's me though.

Yeah I do have Reed sitting on my bench (hopefully he pans out) so I could use EE as trade bait

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?

You'd keep someone you know will not be elite just to fill a spot that you can easily replace, over a stud prospect whom at the very least has higher trade value?

yes, like I said, I am very worried about the innings and if he doesn't pitch at all this season, he will likely not start next season either... Just too many questions...

Would rather have a solid OF...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CURRENT TEAM:

EE
Yan Gomes
B.Phillips
T.Frazier
F.Lindor
Adam Duvall
Adam eaton
M. Saunders
Markakis
D.Gordon
C.Beltran
A. Reed
Swihart
Schwarber
Sano

Pitching:

deGrom
Teheran
E.ramirez
Martin Perez
C.Lewis
A.J. Ramos
Cody Allen
F.Rodney
F. Rodriguez
Y. Ventura
Happ
Giolito
Williams Perez

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindor
D.Gordon
deGrom
Reed

so far....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I do have Reed sitting on my bench (hopefully he pans out) so I could use EE as trade bait

Having a rough go in triple A... wait him out, but he's no Giolito.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a rough go in triple A... wait him out, but he's no Giolito.

Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow said Reed is "getting closer" to a big league promotion, Jake Kaplan of the Houston Chronicle reports.

Luhnow said "there are certain things that we're definitely looking for that will give us confidence that he's going to consistently deliver up here. But I don't think we're that far away." It's possible Luhnow was referring to Reed's struggles against left-handed pitching (5-for-42 entering Wednesday), as they want him to be a regular in the lineup when he arrives in Houston, not as one-half of a platoon. Tyler White has struggled after a hot start to the season, batting just .172 over the last 30 days and .213 overall. Luhnow also suggested Super Two implications were not a concern regarding Reed's promotion, so expect to see him arrive in Houston in the coming weeks or even days.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CURRENT TEAM:

EE
Yan Gomes
B.Phillips
T.Frazier
F.Lindor
Adam Duvall
Adam eaton
M. Saunders
Markakis
D.Gordon
C.Beltran
A. Reed
Swihart
Schwarber
Sano

Pitching:

deGrom
Teheran
E.ramirez
Martin Perez
C.Lewis
A.J. Ramos
Cody Allen
F.Rodney
F. Rodriguez
Y. Ventura
Happ
Giolito
Williams Perez

what do you start??

how many OFs??

do you start MI?? or CI??

how many pitchers??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you only start 3 OF, but you have to start specific OF positions??

and only 5 SP, can you start a SP at RP if eligible??

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since both @TKOSpikes , @MilkSpiller22 and I are in the same dynasty league, I would be remiss in my duty if I did not point out that I recently packaged Giolito and Famillia for Harvey.

The Dark Knight may be a bit of a bonehead, and he still may have some stuggles this year, but he is an ace. I like Giolito's chances a lot, but...gimme the proven elite if I can get it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you only start 3 OF, but you have to start specific OF positions??

and only 5 SP, can you start a SP at RP if eligible??

Sadly yes you have to start specific OF positions.

If there is a slot open at RP and the Pitcher is "starting" then yes

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon Red!

You don't need Reed to pan out to trade EE. Encarnacion is on the decline. The longer you wait, the less you get. Shop him today and stop worrying about short term results. The more you worry about today, the longer the rebuild will take.

As for Eaton, he is not a keep able player in a league that only keeps 8. The whole point of rebuilding is getting pieces today, who could be elite in a couple years. Players like Adam Eaton are guys you draft after you get your keeper core in place. He IS NOT a keeper. If you are considering keeping him, it is a sure sign that your roster is not good enough to make a title run.

Giolito would not be a keeper for a contender, but he is for you. Forget about the innings limits. You need at least 2 years to build anyway. By the time your team is ready, Giolito will be too. No way you get equal value in trade. He is exactly the type of player you need to roster and keep.