• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Might as well bring back the BCS with 4 teams

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now logically I know that this can't happen....but considering the circumstances, this committee stuff has turned into one of the more ridiculous things that I've ever seen in sports. What really determines these spots? They say they value conference titles, but they also turn around and talk about the "BEST" four teams, along with a ton of other stuff.
I gave up when I heard that they had this big discussion where half the room was on Michigan's side, and the other on Washington's side. In that instance, who even has the final say as to what happens? How can they logically tell us that they came to a consensus decision when there's a room full of people that has their own theories as to why what team should be where?

Atleast with the BCS, they actually had a cut and dry explanation that came up with the stupid mathematical formula that determined whomever got in. Also with the BCS, it always seemed to get the top 3 right(just in questionable order at times). Not sure about the top 4, because that was never a big deal back then...but the way I see it now, I think it's fair to say that the "human element" will cause either the same, or more controversy than the computers have

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer an 8 team playoff with more input from the computers. The committee is filled with experts but as long as the human element is involved it's going to favor the blue bloods. The computers take some of that bias out.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer an 8 team playoff with more input from the computers. The committee is filled with experts but as long as the human element is involved it's going to favor the blue bloods. The computers take some of that bias out.

Experts? How so? Which one of those are the committee is more of an expert than homeless Joe who sits at a bar and watches every game?

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now logically I know that this can't happen....but considering the circumstances, this committee stuff has turned into one of the more ridiculous things that I've ever seen in sports. What really determines these spots? They say they value conference titles, but they also turn around and talk about the "BEST" four teams, along with a ton of other stuff.
I gave up when I heard that they had this big discussion where half the room was on Michigan's side, and the other on Washington's side. In that instance, who even has the final say as to what happens? How can they logically tell us that they came to a consensus decision when there's a room full of people that has their own theories as to why what team should be where?

Atleast with the BCS, they actually had a cut and dry explanation that came up with the stupid mathematical formula that determined whomever got in. Also with the BCS, it always seemed to get the top 3 right(just in questionable order at times). Not sure about the top 4, because that was never a big deal back then...but the way I see it now, I think it's fair to say that the "human element" will cause either the same, or more controversy than the computers have

Chill. The final polls haven't been release and championship week is now. Hard for the committee to value conference champs when they haven't been decided.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW is in.

If not, then TOTAL failure from the committee.

Members: Current Clemson AD and Current Wisconsin AD. Conflict? Me thinks so. That's 2 of 12.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoff committee isn't perfect, but it is 100,000 times better than the BCS who uses fuckin computers to determine the top 2 teams. At least in the playoffs, you more than likely give the 2 best teams a shot.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the 8 team formula. The P5 Conference Champions and 3 at large. The Conference Champions should have the top 5 spots and the at large get spots 6-8. If an independent team is undefeated (say Notre Dame is 12-0) they would occupy a 6-8 slot (where ever the committee decided). Anyone who gets an at large bid should be grateful.

My opinion on what the line up would be assuming that Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma and Wisconsin win:

1. Alabama
2. Wisconsin
3. Clemson
4. Washington
5. Oklahoma
6. ohio state
7. Michigan
8. Western Michigan

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the committee explained it pretty well. They are looking for the best four teams. They use many factors to determine that INCLUDING conference championships. Conference championships are special for the players and fans but it doesn't make you one of the best 4 teams in the country. I mean do we really believe VaTech should be in the playoffs if Clemson implodes today? Or do we let Big Game Bob in at that point? The Gators? Are we putting the Gators in this discussion? Best 4 teams. Let's say it together. Best 4 teams.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Call the AAC a P5
2. Expand the playoff to 6
3. Win your conference
4. Conference champions only in the playoff

Done and done, enough with the name game..

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya and agree with most. But, those computer programs used polls/rankings which also have human bias in them. So, that favors the blue bloods as well.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Call the AAC a P5
2. Expand the playoff to 6
3. Win your conference
4. Conference champions only in the playoff

Done and done, enough with the name game..
Go home @GoldRusher, you are DRUNK. Calling the AAC a power conference? My order of preference
Stay at 4

Go to 8
Go to 6 with the current P5 guaranteed and one at large bid

What you suggested.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of potential rematches, no thanks.
There's always chances for rematches when teams play quality OOC opponents. Ohio State was very close to winning the Big Ten and all signs point to Oklahoma winning the Big12.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoff committee isn't perfect, but it is 100,000 times better than the BCS who uses fuckin computers and ESPIN influence to determine the top 2 teams. At least in the playoffs, you more than likely give the 2 best teams a shot.

There, I fixed it for ya

Craig24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with computers is the human element is still involved because the programmer's biases now come into play. In the NFL, you win your way to a division title or wild card berth. That's the right method.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, who knows better than failed coaches and former secretaries of state?

And AD's who has a financial stake at who make the playoffs?