• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mid Season Awards (NFL LIVE)

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Defensive Player of the Year: Xavier Rhodes (Vikings), Everson Griffen (Vikings), Calais Campbell (Jaguars) and Jalen Ramsey (Jaguars)
  • Offensive Player of the Year (Non-QB): Kareem Hunt (Chiefs), Todd Gurley (Rams), Antonio Brown (Steelers) and Leonard Fournette (Jaguars)
  • Coach of the Year: Sean McVay (Rams), Doug Pederson (Eagles), Mike Zimmer (Vikings) and Andy Reid (Chiefs)
  • Most Surprising Team: Los Angeles Rams, Jacksonville Jaguars, New Orleans Saints and Philadelphia Eagles
  • Sunday Best (game day wardrobe): Antonio Brown (Steelers) vs. Cam Newton (Panthers)
  • Defensive Rookie of the Year: Jourdan Lewis (Cowboys), Marshon Lattimore (Saints), Tre’Davious White (Bills) and TJ Watt (Steelers)
  • Best Offseason Acquisition: Andrew Whitworth (Rams), Brandin Cooks (Patriots), Julius Peppers (Panthers) and Calais Campbell (Jaguars)
  • Offensive Rookie of the Year: Kareem Hunt (Chiefs), Leonard Fournette (Jaguars) and DeShaun Watson (Texans)
  • Play of the Year: Kenny Stills catch (Dolphins), Derek Carr’s game-winning pass to Michael Crabtree (Raiders), David Njoku one-handed diving catch (Browns), Cole Beasley catches pass on back (Cowboys)
  • MVP: Carson Wentz (Eagles), Alex Smith (Chiefs), DeShaun Watson (Texans) and Tom Brady (Patriots)
  • Comeback Player of the Year: Derek Carr (Raiders), Rob Gronkowski (Patriots), Keenan Allen (Chargers) and Jaylon Smith (Cowboys)
  • Best Celebration: Duck Duck Goose (Vikings), Playing Baseball (Eagles), Hide and Seek (Steelers) and Bobsled (Packers)

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Pretty amazing 2 Vikings are on the list!
2. Defensive rookie has to go to Latimore. Dude is a SUPERSTAR!
3. Best celebration... they're all corny.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deshaun Watson is playing remarkably well and will have to fall off a cliff not to win OROY, but I don't see how a QB of team with a losing record could ever win MVP.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Whitworth was the LT the Giants thought wasnt worth the $$$$

Nice work

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks hasn't done squat in NE. IMO

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints are not a surprise....Only to idiots who know nothing about football

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he should win, but why is Pete Carroll never ever mentioned in the running for COY? His team has been a perennial favorite to go deep in the playoff or win the SB for the past 4 seasons, his win-loss record every year since 2012 has been good to great, but he never seems to get considered for this award. I've seen dozens of articles over the years that rank head coaches and he always seem to be in the top 2 or 3 when that discussion takes place, but never any love for when it comes to COY? Seems odd.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Pretty amazing 2 Vikings are on the list!
2. Defensive rookie has to go to Latimore. Dude is a SUPERSTAR!
3. Best celebration... they're all corny.

I'm not surprised. That D is pretty effin good as is the primary reason that they are leading their division

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised. That D is pretty effin good as is the primary reason that they are leading their division
No, the primary reason they are leading that division is Aaron Rodgers' collar bone.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he should win, but why is Pete Carroll never ever mentioned in the running for COY? His team has been a perennial favorite to go deep in the playoff or win the SB for the past 4 seasons, his win-loss record every year since 2012 has been good to great, but he never seems to get considered for this award. I've seen dozens of articles over the years that rank head coaches and he always seem to be in the top 2 or 3 when that discussion takes place, but never any love for when it comes to COY? Seems odd.

You answered your own question

COY awards are measured vs Expectations...The team that overachieves preseason expectations, like the Rams and Bills, those are the coaches that always win it

Im a Yankees fan, no matter how good a season, it would be damn near impossible for their manager to win MOY cause they were expected to be there

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a Yankees fan, no matter how good a season, it would be damn near impossible for their manager to win MOY cause they were expected to be there
Uhhh.....Joe Torre won it twice.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh.....Joe Torre won it twice.

To be fair, 1996 Yankees overachieved in a big way, and 1998 was considered one of the greatest teams ever assembled

So maybe not impossible, but its takes something really special

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the primary reason they are leading that division is Aaron Rodgers' collar bone.

200.gif

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You answered your own question

COY awards are measured vs Expectations...The team that overachieves preseason expectations, like the Rams and Bills, those are the coaches that always win it

How did Bellichik win it 3 times then? I mean the first time he won it you could say he overachieved but every year after that the Pats were a favorite to go all the way with the teams they had.

And like I said, I'm not saying he should win, I was asking why he's never in that conversation? I think you could argue that winning the SB in 2013 with a team full of mostly young players and 2nd year QB could be considered over-achieving.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Bellichik win it 3 times then? I mean the first time he won it you could say he overachieved but every year after that the Pats were a favorite to go all the way with the teams they had.

And like I said, I'm not saying he should win, I was asking why he's never in that conversation? I think you could argue that winning the SB in 2013 with a team full of mostly young players and 2nd year QB could be considered over-achieving.

My guess is it would have to do with who BB was competing with for the award

If there wasn't a Bills or Rams type coach those years, he may have won by default