• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mid-Majors With a Realistic Shot at the 4 Team Play-off for 2014

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again you fail. Win/Loss record "WILL" be considered for all FBS teams in determining an individuals pool of 25. It's part of the criteria. I've read it and I can say with certainty that nowhere did it say "Only among the majors".

No shit?

Those 60 years of college football rankings expertise have served you well. Can you tell us something an adept 10 year old can't figure out on their own?

Poor Oscar. :bawling:

No, the won/loss record won't be considered fairly among all the teams. You see, the problem you have is that you don't have much experience with people. Regardless of the rules, people will interpret things the way they want to. Therefore a 2 loss Houston will not be considered the same as a 2 loss Oklahoma. See how that works.

You always seem to forget the human element. I guess you don't have much experience hanging out with those people.

Uh-oh, looks like controversy and a chance to start a fight. You're in luck.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have Houston or Marshall with the best shot at going unbeaten. Houston has a good shot at going unbeaten if they get by BYU early in the year and Marshall SHOULD go unbeaten. Not sure either team would make the playoff even if they did go unscathed though

Yeah. They don't stand a chance without at least beating a middle of the road Major.

:L

You're saying East Carolina wouldn't get selected if they run the table (13-0)?
Schedule: @ South Carolina, @ Virginia Tech, North Carolina, @ Cincinnati, UCF. CCG.

You're saying Fresno St wouldn't get selected if they run the table (13-0)?
Schedule: @ Southern Cal, @ Utah, Nebraska, @ Boise St, CCG.

Houston and Marshall are the ONLY two teams that DON"T play a Major (it's in my OP).

Houston and Marshall do not play a Major (P5 or Notre Dame) team.". You fail.

Houston and Marshall will NOT play a P5 or Notre Dame opponent this year. Those are 'Majors'. Therefore Houston and Marshall cannot have a "Major Upset" this year. Their SOS will suck ass.

I made it clear in the OP that the teams would have to be undefeated. There are only two teams on my list that don't play P-5 teams. Most play 2, some even play 3.

Therefore there could be wins against P5 teams by everybody but Marshall and Houston.

No, the won/loss record won't be considered fairly among all the teams. You see, the problem you have is that you don't have much experience with people. Regardless of the rules, people will interpret things the way they want to. Therefore a 2 loss Houston will not be considered the same as a 2 loss Oklahoma. See how that works.

You always seem to forget the human element. I guess you don't have much experience hanging out with those people.

LMAO!!!!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know you have thoroughly outed someone when he has no reply to a mid-major actually having a more difficult strength of schedule than the #1, #3, #4, #6, and #7 teams in the country.

He has no reply when shown there was a recent season where there were no undefeated Majors and #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, and #7 all had two losses each.

He has no reply when pointed to East Carolina's schedule of: @ South Carolina, @ Virginia Tech, North Carolina, @ Cincinnati, UCF. and a CCG. i.e. Conference Champions
Or Fresno St's schedule of: @ Southern Cal, @ Utah, Nebraska, @ Boise St, and CCG, i.e. Conference Champions.

Instead he picks (Houston) as an example to refute OP, where OP has clearly indicated 5 times there's no way in hell they get into the play-off, even if all majors have a loss.

That's our little Oscar toad. It's how he gets his kicks.

Last edited by a moderator:

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO!!!!!

Laugh your ass off all you want. Teams will not be considered on an even basis. It's always been that way. Humans voted for the AP and USA polls and humans will make up the committee.

Oh wait, I bet you touched each one and they now are capable of superhuman deeds. Silly of me to forget that.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Therefore a 2 loss Houston will not be considered the same as a 2 loss Oklahoma. See how that works.

Also OP clearly stated Mid-Major will have to be undefeated.

Yes Oscar. We see how you work.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laugh your ass off all you want. Teams will not be considered on an even basis. It's always been that way. Humans voted for the AP and USA polls and humans will make up the committee.

Oh wait, I bet you touched each one and they now are capable of superhuman deeds. Silly of me to forget that.

Once again you've been outed, Oscar.

Enjoy :suds:

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know you have thoroughly outed someone when he has no reply to a mid-major actually having a more difficult strength of schedule than the #1, #3, #4, #6, and #7 teams in the country.

He has no reply when shown there was a recent season where there were no undefeated Majors and #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, and #7 all had two losses each.

He has no reply when pointed to East Carolina's schedule of: @ South Carolina, @ Virginia Tech, North Carolina, @ Cincinnati, UCF. and a CCG. i.e. Conference Champions
Or Fresno St's schedule of: @ Southern Cal, @ Utah, Nebraska, @ Boise St, and CCG, i.e. Conference Champions.

Instead he picks (Houston) as an example to refute OP, where OP has clearly indicated 5 times there's no way in hell they get into the play-off, even if all majors have a loss.

That's our little Oscar toad. It's how he gets his kicks.

What the hell are you talking about? More straw man garbage.

No undefeated majors, 1 one loss team and everyone with 2 losses. Duh, I guess they'll pick the 1 loss team and 3 two loss teams. Duh, gee whiz that was a hard one.

East Carolina and Fresno are not going to run their schedule and I told you they wouldn't get picked even if they did. Too many other teams will finish with either no losses or 1 loss.

No, Houston won't get in either. However if they run the table they will likely get one of the major bowl slots but not the playoffs. I've told you that about 5 times. Either you are completely stupid or you like to pick fights?

I would start worrying about your own team which lost 3 defensive starters this week instead of picking fights with everybody on this forum.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell are you talking about? More straw man garbage.

No undefeated majors, 1 one loss team and everyone with 2 losses. Duh, I guess they'll pick the 1 loss team and 3 two loss teams. Duh, gee whiz that was a hard one.

East Carolina and Fresno are not going to run their schedule and I told you they wouldn't get picked even if they did. Too many other teams will finish with either no losses or 1 loss.

No, Houston won't get in either. However if they run the table they will likely get one of the major bowl slots but not the playoffs. I've told you that about 5 times. Either you are completely stupid or you like to pick fights?

I would start worrying about your own team which lost 3 defensive starters this week instead of picking fights with everybody on this forum.

Oh no, he's reaching for his handy tool-bag of distractions from being outed.

"Attack the other posters football team".

LMFAO!!!!! I'm literally in tears.

BTW: popeye say hi. :wave:

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again you've been outed, Oscar.

Enjoy :suds:

No response, huh? I didn't think so. You are so ticked off that I didn't buy the premise of your thread. No mid majors are gonna make it, anyway you look at it.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, he's reaching for his handy tool-bag of distractions from being outed.

"Attack the other posters football team".

LMFAO!!!!! I'm literally in tears.

BTW: popeye say hi. :wave:

So that's the reason you made this thread. To distract from another 4 loss season coming up. Getting nervous huh.

Mid majors, ha. Not going to happen.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also OP clearly stated Mid-Major will have to be undefeated.

Yes Oscar. We see how you work.

I've already covered that. Read the previous post. Pretty soon you'll choke on your own lies and technicalities.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you like to pick fights?

Sez the troll with 21 posts in my thread. :lol:

Keep digging your own hole, Oscar.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sez the troll with 21 posts in my thread. :lol:

Keep digging your own hole, Oscar.

More desperation. You just couldn't handle it that someone disagreed with you and doesn't see any chance for mid majors this year. Really tragic. Now your trying to bail out by counting my posts.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More desperation. You just couldn't handle it that someone disagreed with you and doesn't see any chance for mid majors this year. Really tragic. Now your trying to bail out by counting my posts.

Since I expect the 4 teams to go to 8 within 3-5 years, I'll state my opinion that it will never happen as long as they remain at 4. At 8 teams, it will happen.

You're dancing now Oscar.

Which is it? "this year" or "never at 4 teams"?

Now your trying to bail out by counting my posts

I don't need to count posts. Just click "Replies" next to the thread and it tells you how many posts were made by whom.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're dancing now Oscar.

Which is it? "this year" or "never at 4 teams"?

I don't need to count posts. Just click "Replies" next to the thread and it tells you how many posts were made by whom.

Since I don't expect the 4 team playoff to last very long, I'll say never. When it goes to 8, that's when we'll see it happen.

I guess they let you off from work early today?

BTW, you are counting my replies, regardless of how you do it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I don't expect the 4 team playoff to last very long, I'll say never. When it goes to 8, that's when we'll see it happen.

:wtf:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is probably going to how we see an expanded playoff format. A couple undefeated mid-majors will get passed over and mid-major or Utah Congressman will come out with a statement about the playoffs bring exclusively for the power 5. I am actually hoping for it.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is probably going to how we see an expanded playoff format. A couple undefeated mid-majors will get passed over and mid-major or Utah Congressman will come out with a statement about the playoffs bring exclusively for the power 5. I am actually hoping for it.

I agree. 8 teams is just the right number, and we can be sure that anyone that's undefeated gets a berth.