• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mid Major schools should have their own division

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you said so? Where is the proof that the committee is intentionally preventing G5's from reaching the top 4? Lack of 'proof' removes that as a fact. Things aren't facts simply because you make a declaration as such.

The facts are clear, and with lots of examples, that non P5 teams that beat ranked teams and run the table are rewarded. It has happened many many times.

It is also a fact that we do not currently have a high functioning non P5 team undefeated with wins against a ranked team. That is an absolute fact.

So when given examples of teams being rewarded for doing it in the past, and not having any to use as an example now, you ignore all of that for a made up conspiracy theory and declare it as fact.
The G5 teams to beat ranked teams are rewarded with good bowls, and never the playoff; either top 2 or top 4. And never allowed within a single spot of either. Either ranked 4th (two spots out) or 6th (two spots out).

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if they had Auburn in the regular season instead of the bowl season it would have made a difference.

:think:
The irony about your comment is hilarious. Not everyone can schedule The citadel in the non-conference.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony about your comment is hilarious. Not everyone can schedule The citadel in the non-conference.
But when your entire schedule is the Citadel you should get a shot at the playoffs?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The G5 teams to beat ranked teams are rewarded with good bowls, and never the playoff; either top 2 or top 4. And never allowed within a single spot of either. Either ranked 4th (two spots out) or 6th (two spots out).
Again, using rhetoric and hyperbole and claiming them as fact.

I have yet to see any proof.

I've clearly laid out that the difference since the CFP is the prior high functioning teams have either moved up to the P5 ranks, or fallen on harder times and no other team has filled in and reached the same level. That is pure unadulterated fact.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But when your entire schedule is the Citadel you should get a shot at the playoffs?
Beat the citadel 12 times and it HAS to be a mass conspiracy that prevents you from being rewarded!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least the SEC didn't have to ban them to prevent us from embarrassing ourselves by losing to those kinds of teams like the Big10 did.

header.jpg

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily what I'm suggesting, though it's shifting towords that argument. What I'm suggesting is - given their schedule on any given year - UCF can do nothing more than what they have done and isn't ever going to be allowed in. Unless they get invited to a P5 conference, they are going to perpetually be in a situation where they win all their games, or most, and never make it in because the argument will always be "those other teams suck". Which is why they need their own title because unless they just happen to schedule teams P5 teams 5 years in advance that happen to be good when they play them, then they're screwed.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily what I'm suggesting, though it's shifting towords that argument. What I'm suggesting is - given their schedule on any given year - UCF can do nothing more than what they have done and isn't ever going to be allowed in. Unless they get invited to a P5 conference, they are going to perpetually be in a situation where they win all their games, or most, and never make it in because the argument will always be "those other teams suck". Which is why they need their own title because unless they just happen to schedule teams P5 teams 5 years in advance that happen to be good when they play them, then they're screwed.

WTF? Schools pay teams like UCF between 1 and 2 million dollars to come play them - way more than they get for a home game, and you are claiming they aren't able to get games.

Total bullshit.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat the citadel 12 times and it HAS to be a mass conspiracy that prevents you from being rewarded!
See my post above. You're comments are just proving me right. UCF will never be allowed in because you, like the CFB committee will always say, "their SOS sucks". There is no way for them to change that unless they happen to get P5 teams to schedule them, and those P5 teams happen to be good that year. And even then, it's still a maybe because there's only 3 non-conference games. So by your own argument, you're proving the point that these teams have no shot at this championship and deserve their own. Because, no, playing 12 soft games isn't the same. But it's all they have.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the best regular season win will have if the went undefeated? Their SoS is in like the 120’s. They play the weakest of the weak when it comes to P5s.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily what I'm suggesting, though it's shifting towords that argument.
Well that seals it right there. No need to go on further is there? You've declared a G5 must be given access to the top 4 even on the backs of a full schedule with no ranked teams on it. And not given that access is a conscious effort to keep them down. There's no room for discussion with someone fully inserting their head in their rear.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? Schools pay teams like UCF between 1 and 2 million dollars to come play them - way more than they get for a home game, and you are claiming they aren't able to get games.

Total bullshit.
Schools have to 1. have an open spot and 2. want to play them. These schedules are often schedule 5+ years in advance. So now we're saying that UCF not only has to play these teams, but play them away in order to get in. The incredible, unlikely, set of circumstances required for a team like UCF to get in is proving my point more. Thanks.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that seals it right there. No need to go on further is there? You've declared a G5 must be given access to the top 4 even on the backs of a full schedule with no ranked teams on it. And not given that access is a conscious effort to keep them down. There's no room for discussion with someone fully inserting their head in their rear.
No. I, in fact, don't want them in our playoff. I want them in their own so this controversy isn't even a thing. I want our playoff to expand to 6 teams. 5 conference champs + 1 at large. I want as little controversy in national titles as possible. Removing G5 teams from the equation is the first step.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my post above. You're comments are just proving me right. UCF will never be allowed in because you, like the CFB committee will always say, "their SOS sucks". There is no way for them to change that unless they happen to get P5 teams to schedule them, and those P5 teams happen to be good that year. And even then, it's still a maybe because there's only 3 non-conference games. So by your own argument, you're proving the point that these teams have no shot at this championship and deserve their own. Because, no, playing 12 soft games isn't the same. But it's all they have.
:burt:

I gave you a list of prior top 10 ranked mid majors that ALL HAD RANKED TEAMS ON THEIR SCHEDULES. To you, it is impossible to do because no one will play them and it's someone else's fault they aren't rewarded for playing a bad schedule.

I GAVE YOU PROOF YOU ARE WRONG. 100% so. I can do it again. Shall we list all of the higher level G5's with ranked teams on their slate this year? Every year since the CFP? They are there.

Here is a list of future schedules for UCF which includes every non con they have made.
Future UCF Football Schedules | 2019 | FBSchedules.com
What stands out on that to you? Shall I show you Boise States, or any other higher profile G5? UCF DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY HIGHER RANKED TEAMS. That is just a fact.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schools have to 1. have an open spot and 2. want to play them. These schedules are often schedule 5+ years in advance. So now we're saying that UCF not only has to play these teams, but play them away in order to get in. The incredible, unlikely, set of circumstances required for a team like UCF to get in is proving my point more. Thanks.

You mean like every team in history has basically done this at one point, including Alabama?

FSU did it not too long ago as well, played anyone anywhere until they got respect.

Teams in the south were treated exactly like G5 teams, or worse, until Alabama started traveling all the way to the west coast in the Rose Bowl. The original "BCS Buster".

PS: When you play in a P5 conference...you are constantly playing road games against good teams. Alabama has one next @ LSU. Played @ Auburn last year, etc.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like every team in history has basically done this at one point, including Alabama?

FSU did it not too long ago as well, played anyone anywhere until they got respect.

Teams in the south were treated exactly like G5 teams, or worse, until Alabama started traveling all the way to the west coast in the Rose Bowl. The original "BCS Buster".

PS: When you play in a P5 conference...you are constantly playing road games against good teams. Alabama has one next @ LSU. Played @ Auburn last year, etc.
You're comparing the early days of CFB to modern times; with an established football elite. It's much harder to make a name for yourself than it was 50+ years ago.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:burt:

I gave you a list of prior top 10 ranked mid majors that ALL HAD RANKED TEAMS ON THEIR SCHEDULES. To you, it is impossible to do because no one will play them and it's someone else's fault they aren't rewarded for playing a bad schedule.

I GAVE YOU PROOF YOU ARE WRONG. 100% so. I can do it again. Shall we list all of the higher level G5's with ranked teams on their slate this year? Every year since the CFP? They are there.

Here is a list of future schedules for UCF which includes every non con they have made.
Future UCF Football Schedules | 2019 | FBSchedules.com
What stands out on that to you? Shall I show you Boise States, or any other higher profile G5? UCF DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY HIGHER RANKED TEAMS. That is just a fact.
But that's entirely by luck, that's my point. Mich scheduled UCLA in 2022 when they were a top 25 team. Now they're garbage. Maybe by then they'll be a top 5 team. Who knows. You gave me proof of these teams playing ranked teams in the season, beating those teams and losing out on the playoff. Your proof isn't proof of anything but what I'm suggesting.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, next year they will play Stanford. Make it past them and they will for sure 100% be ranked in top 5.

Future years? Not a team with a pulse to be had. Next year is their one and only shot at it.

Schedule better. One good team every decade isn't enough.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're comparing the early days of CFB to modern times; with an established football elite. It's much harder to make a name for yourself than it was 50+ years ago.
With nationally televised games, sports networks, football on 7+ channels all day, and more than 3 stations, I would argue it’s easier than ever to make a name for yourself.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's entirely by luck, that's my point. Mich scheduled UCLA in 2022 when they were a top 25 team. Now they're garbage. Maybe by then they'll be a top 5 team. Who knows. You gave me proof of these teams playing ranked teams in the season, beating those teams and losing out on the playoff. Your proof isn't proof of anything but what I'm suggesting.
So then, which team that UCF has had on their schedule the last 2 seasons looked good when they made them and is garbage now? Maryland?

You have no proof. None. At all.

I gave you a list of teams, less than 10 years ago (so not 50 years back as you claimed with 4d20) that got ranked high after playing still weak, but schedules with SOME meat on it. UCF hasn't played a good team outside of Auburn since this streak started and Auburn was after the last ranking last season.

Next. :L