• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mid Major schools should have their own division

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mid Major schools should simply play other mid major schools and have their own mid major championship.

A 6 team playoff with all G5 champions and one at large for highest ranked independent that's not N.D.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mid Major schools should simply play other mid major schools and have their own mid major championship.

A 6 team playoff with all G5 champions and one at large for highest ranked independent that's not N.D.
The top Group of 5 teams should get a legit chance to play in the playoff. UCF should have been there.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm a Boise State, Cincinnati, or UCF type, I'm loading my non-conference any way possible. It's the only way to set yourself apart

Cincinnati's -

2019: UCLA, Ohio State
2020: Nebraska
2021: Indiana
2022: Indiana
2023: Pittsburgh
2024: Pittsburgh
2025: Nebraska, Boise State

Besides 2019 next year, not exactly cutting the mustard. It can definitely be improved.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati's -

2019: UCLA, Ohio State
2020: Nebraska
2021: Indiana
2022: Indiana
2023: Pittsburgh
2024: Pittsburgh
2025: Nebraska

Besides 2019 next year, not exactly cutting the mustard. It can definitely be improved.
I don't know why, but I truly believe something will happen at Pitt soon. There's just too much damn talent in that state for kids to just never go there. Pittsburgh isn't the shittiest town, and the campus seems fun. I'd really like to see them come back and then restore the WVU game. Those were always fun to watch.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure if the tv/internet/conference networks pony up the money then it will happen asap. I love the idea of a second group and even MORE CFB to entertain myself with, heck I want them playing in the spring just after the final 4 up until 4th of July Weekend but...

Til then....

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USF has scheduled the way you should when you want to have a chance at the playoff. Odds are they won't win all of their OOC games, so it won't matter, but at least they are scheduling like they want to have a chance.

2019: Wisconsin, Georgia Tech, BYU
2020: Texas
2021: NC State, BYU
2022: Texas, Florida, Louisville

Scheduling P5 programs simply won't cut it for G5 teams. You need to schedule a team that has been consistent and will be a good opponent. Obviously some of it is luck, but if you schedule the likes of Wisconsin, Texas, and Florida, odds are that will turn into a top 25 team.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, the 6 team playoff... Are they just gonna give up on the bowls and all that revenue in favor of a 6 team playoff then?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFB postseason will never been as good as college basketball because it doesn't have the drama , upsets , Cinderella runs that March madness does . Until you add that element the CFB bowl sradon will always just be a semi interesting way to pass the time til the NFL playoffs start .

A meaningless postseason is the price you pay for a truly meaningful regular season

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, the 6 team playoff... Are they just gonna give up on the bowls and all that revenue in favor of a 6 team playoff then?

I used to say they needed another division (or two) but as you say, the bowls would get all confuddled and people would lose money. I can't see the TV revenue being nearly as equal for a new sub-division of G5 teams vis-a-vis a breakaway group of 64 P5 teams.

Suddenly the Foster Farms bowl is only making 100K instead of 5

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why, but I truly believe something will happen at Pitt soon. There's just too much damn talent in that state for kids to just never go there. Pittsburgh isn't the shittiest town, and the campus seems fun. I'd really like to see them come back and then restore the WVU game. Those were always fun to watch.
Pitt cut its own throat years ago when they lead the charge (as far as the football playing schools) to keep JoePa and PSU from joining the BigEast.
They could have had the in state rival game every year plus the Brawl as big recruiting tools to get kids interest but.. they chose to side with the basketball only schools.
Now they beg for Penn State to play them yearly and TRY to sell kids that its some kind of rivalry (it really is a pathetic attempt) and PSU rightly tells them to lick their boots, they will play when PSU feels like it (just enough to keep recruits attention in the area).

They will never be what they were when Marino, Dorsett and co. Were there. I mean, they dont even have their own stadium :laugh:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt cut its own throat years ago when they lead the charge (as far as the football playing schools) to keep JoePa and PSU from joining the BigEast.
They could have had the in state rival game every year plus the Brawl as big recruiting tools to get kids interest but.. they chose to side with the basketball only schools.
Now they beg for Penn State to play them yearly and TRY to sell kids that its some kind of rivalry (it really is a pathetic attempt) and PSU rightly tells them to lick their boots, they will play when PSU feels like it (just enough to keep recruits attention in the area).

They will never be what they were when Marino, Dorsett and co. Were there. I mean, they dont even have their own stadium :laugh:
The stadium part, I'm not sure that's a huge deal. I mean, getting to play in an NFL stadium in the middle of downtown isn't the worst thing in the world.

It's sad though. That was always a school I wanted Ohio State to get something with, because it'd be a stadium I'd like to travel to and watch them play in. Their history is so good, it's just sad seeing what they've become in the last 15 years or so.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pitt will never be what they were in the late 70's and early 80's. You can't lose your head coach to programs like Stanford, Arizona State and Wisconsin and think you're going to return to being a top 15 program.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top Group of 5 teams should get a legit chance to play in the playoff. UCF should have been there.

They do, it's called playing a tougher schedule.

All they need to do is add 2 or 3 top25 teams. Or maybe 2 top10 teams, or somekind of mixture.

The best team UCF played in the regular season last year was Memphis, who was borderline top25. You can't reward that kind of a schedule and UCF did not deserve to be in the top10.

Take that Auburn game and move it to the regular season and that alone is much more helpful. Maybe good enough for last year, but probably not most years. Add in another one like that, and guess who's making the playoffs?

But yet for some odd reason these teams either have really weak schedules and go undefeated, or they play tougher schedules and end up with 2 or 3 losses on the year. Wonder why.

:think:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A meaningless postseason is the price you pay for being a fan of a team like Iowa

:fify: because that shit ain't true for many teams.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to say they needed another division (or two) but as you say, the bowls would get all confuddled and people would lose money. I can't see the TV revenue being nearly as equal for a new sub-division of G5 teams vis-a-vis a breakaway group of 64 P5 teams.

Suddenly the Foster Farms bowl is only making 100K instead of 5
Yeah, I suppose they could keep everything the same and just have a second playoff for G5 teams, but I’m guessing there’s much better money in taking your one big 6 bowl even still.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yet for some odd reason these teams either have really weak schedules and go undefeated, or they play tougher schedules and end up with 2 or 3 losses on the year. Wonder why.

:think:

WbUY.gif

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:fify: because that shit ain't true for many teams.
In any given year there are maybe 8-10 teams out of 130 who start the season with a legitimate chance of playing a meaningful postseason game . By week 8 that number is about 6 teams and most years 4 or 5 of those 6 are the same teams they always are. You're a Bama fan do you don't care but it's boring . CFB has the most meaningful regular season of any sport but it's postseason is BY FAR the worst . And all that's ok. Iowa is occasionally in a position to play important games late in the season and those years are fun but it doesn't change how I look at cfb . It could be much better