• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mid Major schools should have their own division

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even sure why I'm reading what he posts. This is the same guy who legit thought Iowa was a good team a few years ago and not just a product of their schedule.

100% clueless on all things college football.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible bullshit.
Nope. It's right here in the thread . 10 autobids. Using real conference records and then using Massey pre ccg. You're still in the mindset of 12 games and a CCG.

Example - you used stanford and Auburn as examples but Auburn lost 1 conference game pre ccg so they'd have been 8-2 or 9-1 going into a playoff . Stanford lost 2 conference games so they'd have been 8-2 or 7-3 going into a playoff . It's not that tough to look at actual conference records and criss conpare computer rankings pre CCG to see where teams were ranked . Took me 30 minutes

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even sure why I'm reading what he posts. This is the same guy who legit thought Iowa was a good team a few years ago and not just a product of their schedule.

100% clueless on all things college football.
So stop responding

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. It's right here in the thread . 10 autobids. Using real conference records and then using Massey pre ccg. You're still in the mindset of 12 games and a CCG.

Example - you used stanford and Auburn as examples but Auburn lost 1 conference game pre ccg so they'd have been 8-2 or 9-1 going into a playoff . Stanford lost 2 conference games so they'd have been 8-2 or 7-3 going into a playoff . It's not that tough to look at actual conference records and criss conpare computer rankings pre CCG to see where teams were ranked . Took me 30 minutes

No, it's impossible bullshit that you can take a record from 1 year, remove the games of your choice and then pretend like that's what it is. The entire dynamic of college football is different if you change the schedules and goals in such a dramatic manner.

how the fuck did you get 9 conference games from conferences with 8 conference games. You're full of shit.

Go back to the politics forum.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's impossible bullshit that you can take a record from 1 year, remove the games of your choice and then pretend like that's what it is. The entire dynamic of college football is different if you change the schedules and goals in such a dramatic manner.

Go back to the politics forum.
No one is removing the games of choice . It's using teams actual conference records and then looking at ooc to see if they have likely won't or lost an average ooc game then actual composite cankibfs to select at large teams . It's not guess work . It's what actually happened lol .

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you STILL won't answer the actual question asked. How many total viewers across the entire tournament. It was a simple question. I did the entire math for you across all of college football post seasons. What was the entire total viewership across 63 games of that tournament, vs the 31 or whatever of college football?
Why is that relevant? I already stated more people watch CFB PER game . And more watch CBB in total . That's the entire premise . Expanding the playoff would increase viewership over the shitty bowl games . You're trying to prove something I already stated as factual lol

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is removing the games of choice . It's using teams actual conference records and then looking at ooc to see if they have likely won't or lost an average ooc game then actual composite cankibfs to select at large teams . It's not guess work . It's what actually happened lol .
Yeah, because teams wouldn't play things out any differently at all in your world, vs reality. :L

First of all, how did you equate schedules when SEC teams played 8 conf games and your dream world has them playing 9? You rank/rate them on entirely different criteria in your little sample. So it had made up bullshit. Then, you assumed which OOC games to drop for each. Now schools will for sure view how to use that game entirely differently than they do now, but let's not let that get in the way.

Your whole premise is a mess man. And thank freaking God it won't ever happen because it would be the end of college football.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that relevant? I already stated more people watch CFB PER game . And more watch CBB in total . That's the entire premise . Expanding the playoff would increase viewership over the shitty bowl games . You're trying to prove something I already stated as factual lol
Yeah, because show me where I said that's where I was headed. :L Now you will refuse to go along because of giant assumptions you are making. That really shouldn't surprise me because your entire fallacious pipe dream is riddled with weird assumptions. It's kind of your thing.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because teams wouldn't play things out any differently at all in your world, vs reality. :L

First of all, how did you equate schedules when SEC teams played 8 conf games and your dream world has them playing 9? You rank/rate them on entirely different criteria in your little sample. So it had made up bullshit. Then, you assumed which OOC games to drop for each. Now schools will for sure view how to use that game entirely differently than they do now, but let's not let that get in the way.

Your whole premise is a mess man. And thank freaking God it won't ever happen because it would be the end of college football.
Simple . You take their existing conference record . Look at who they didn't play as crossover and where those teams rank in Massey to determine probability of then winning a random game .

You do the same with existing OOC results vs a randomly generated team

You then get your result . The rest is already fact based as 3 of the 5 P5 leagues play 9 games . So say Aubirn went 7-1 in league ( actual result ) and would be favored to win vs all their potential cross over they didn't play AND favored over 92% of potential ooc opponents you end up will a likely record of 8.8 and 1.2 which rounds to 9-1. O only need to do this for anout 7 potential at large teams ( none of who had more than 3 actual losses anyway )

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because show me where I said that's where I was headed. :L Now you will refuse to go along because of giant assumptions you are making. That really shouldn't surprise me because your entire fallacious pipe dream is riddled with weird assumptions. It's kind of your thing.
Tell me why what you're looking for is relevant and I'll do it . I already provided links to vieweship for 3 of the 6 rounds that equate to the entire viewership of the bowl season.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple . You take their existing conference record . Look at who they didn't play as crossover and where those teams rank in Massey to determine probability of then winning a random game .

You do the same with existing OOC results vs a randomly generated team

You then get your result . The rest is already fact based as 3 of the 5 P5 leagues play 9 games . So say Aubirn went 7-1 in league ( actual result ) and would be favored to win vs all their potential cross over they didn't play AND favored over 92% of potential ooc opponents you end up will a likely record of 8.8 and 1.2 which rounds to 9-1. O only need to do this for anout 7 potential at large teams ( none of who had more than 3 actual losses anyway )
More piles of assumptions masked as facts.

I mean really? :L Declaring victors now based off rankings and likelihoods of outcomes on games you decide they might have played in crossover? Because upsets simply don't happen. And here's a clue for you: SEC teams fail to play a LOT of teams from their other division. So you drew straws. And call that close enough.

There isn't any way at all to even guess what might have been last year under such a vastly different (and frankly retarded) system. You don't have any clue how teams would schedule their one and only free game. You don't have any clue how differently they would play games or situations because of all of the radical changes to the landscape of the sport.

You really haven't thought this through if you believe everything else stays 100% the same after you chop up the regular season, drop all CCG's, eliminate every bowl game, throw out all of that revenue for lost home games, destroy the budgets of chunks of mid major and even FCS teams, and create a welfare tournament.

Entirely out of your mind.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More piles of assumptions masked as facts.

I mean really? :L Declaring victors now based off rankings and likelihoods of outcomes on games you decide they might have played in crossover? Because upsets simply don't happen. And here's a clue for you: SEC teams fail to play a LOT of teams from their other division. So you drew straws. And call that close enough.

There isn't any way at all to even guess what might have been last year under such a vastly different (and frankly retarded) system. You don't have any clue how teams would schedule their one and only free game. You don't have any clue how differently they would play games or situations because of all of the radical changes to the landscape of the sport.

You really haven't thought this through if you believe everything else stays 100% the same after you chop up the regular season, drop all CCG's, eliminate every bowl game, throw out all of that revenue for lost home games, destroy the budgets of chunks of mid major and even FCS teams, and create a welfare tournament.

Entirely out of your mind.
You're only factoring probability for 10% of the games for 20% of teams . It's a low number in total and even if you assumed losses you still wouldn't have any 5 loss teams in the playoff ( which is where this all began ). You asked s question and I provided an answer . Of course you can't KNOW the outcome of a dmsll number of games that never happened but you can use data to make an educated guess . In any event the expanded playoff would never feature a 5-5 team, rarely ( if ever ) a 6-4 team and would have relatively few 7-3 teams . To say otherwise is to ignore actual results and mathematical probability

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the SEC and ACC do not play 9 conference games. It's impossible that you got records that reflect what you talk about.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're only factoring probability for 10% of the games for 20% of teams . It's a low number in total and even if you assumed losses you still wouldn't have any 5 loss teams in the playoff ( which is where this all began ). You asked s question and I provided an answer . Of course you can't KNOW the outcome of a dmsll number of games that never happened but you can use data to make an educated guess . In any event the expanded playoff would never feature a 5-5 team, rarely ( if ever ) a 6-4 team and would have relatively few 7-3 teams . To say otherwise is to ignore actual results and mathematical probability
First of all, I made no such blanket claim. So there's that.

Second of all, if you are putting 64 teams into a playoff as it now seems you think is realistic (LOL) out of 130 team pool you are putting just two short of half of all of the division in it. Of course it wouldn't be frequent to find a 5-5 team in given most of them will be taking a gimmie game to open the year with anyway so their only losses will come against their 9 game schedules. There will be more wins than losses for all of FBS as those crap games will probably still come against FCS teams for quite a few of that level.

You will FOR SURE be putting 4 loss teams in though. It's not hard math. All four will have come from conf games so a bunch of 5-4 teams in conference will be getting in. That's the pure definition of mediocrity.

And again, your sample doesn't take into account ND, Army, BYU, etc having to go into a conference (pssst, it means more losses for teams in ND's conf for sure) or all of the other disruptions you create.

It's made up bullshit that is WAY far away from reality. At best.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the SEC and ACC do not play 9 conference games. It's impossible that you got records that reflect what you talk about.
No, instead he arbitrarily picked a team from the other division you didn't play and then counted it as a win/loss based on rankings lol. :L

:burt:

:rofl:

And tells us it's so close to reality that it counts.

:pound:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You use actual conference records , compare cross overs not played with likelihood of winning those games ( per the rankings ) and factor from there . In any event there's no team finishing 5- 5 and getting in and even 6-4 is remote although I wouldn't say impossible ( but I highly unlikely )

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You use actual conference records , compare cross overs not played with likelihood of winning those games ( per the rankings ) and factor from there . In any event there's no team finishing 5- 5 and getting in and even 6-4 is remote although I wouldn't say impossible ( but I highly unlikely )

So like I said, you just made the records up.

And you do realize that it's still the same shitty teams regardless anyway right? The top32 is going to be the same top32. So while your record may have "less losses" than the current top32, it's still the same fucking teams and it's still just like getting 5 and 6 loss teams - which was the entire point anyone who mentioned # of losses would bring it up to start with.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me why what you're looking for is relevant and I'll do it . I already provided links to vieweship for 3 of the 6 rounds that equate to the entire viewership of the bowl season.
Ok, since you just won't look things up yourself, I'll give you another sneak peek here. Consider the following and tell me again about your numbers:
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/2019/Attendance.pdf
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2017.pdf

You don't have as much of a pulse on the two sports as you believe you do.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'll give @rmilia1 his second clue on his homework assignment: The networks don't give ratings for the mens tournament on a per game basis. They are on 'telecast windows' that incorporate multiple games. There were 28 windows in the 2017 mens tournament.

Again, I'll ask if he has the ability to research his own BS before spewing it.