• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan with a GREAT win to open the season!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I can feel bad for meechigan :dhd:

I'm hoping that Crazy Jimbo has at least 1 memorable post game press conference this year. That could get very interesting.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to michigans savior heisman swab Ruddock? 3 ints inducing a pick 6 :laugh3:

I've never been convinced that Rudock is any kind of "savior." Shane Morris is a better athlete, IMO, but he lacks confidence after last year.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been convinced that Rudock is any kind of "savior." Shane Morris is a better athlete, IMO, but he lacks confidence after last year.
You've always been level headed as far as any conversations we've had. That was in reference to maizeandblues comments in another thread :dhd:

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've always been level headed as far as any conversations we've had. That was in reference to maizeandblues comments in another thread :dhd:

Thanks! I try to be rational and civil . . . and have a little fun along the way.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example, it would have been more fun to see you wearing an avi I had selected for you. :yes:
Will get an Avy bet rematch I'm all for Avy bets. They make the games fun. Go through the schedules I'm locked in on a bet for week 3 vs Stanford already tho

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to michigans savior heisman swab Ruddock? 3 ints inducing a pick 6 :laugh3:
He was pretty good outside of probably 1 or 2 of those picks. Huge upgrade for our team and our defense is good enough to win us any game on our schedule. So far no B10 team has really showed anything fantastic, which is good for us. I think OSU is the only elite team on the schedule. Even MSU struggled against Western -- giving up something crazy like 350 yards of passing offense. Penn State got destroyed by Temple. BYU beat Nebraska and in the process lost their senior starting QB. Oregon State looked like garbage. Luckily we don't play ND anymore because they looked scary good. I think Michigan can go 4-2 into the MSU game and still end up easily at 8 wins.

And given our defensive performance, my avatar bet that OSU won't beat us by 20+ points looks to be solid.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pretty good outside of probably 1 or 2 of those picks. Huge upgrade for our team and our defense is good enough to win us any game on our schedule. So far no B10 team has really showed anything fantastic, which is good for us. I think OSU is the only elite team on the schedule. Even MSU struggled against Western -- giving up something crazy like 350 yards of passing offense. Penn State got destroyed by Temple. BYU beat Nebraska and in the process lost their senior starting QB. Oregon State looked like garbage. Luckily we don't play ND anymore because they looked scary good. I think Michigan can go 4-2 into the MSU game and still end up easily at 8 wins.

And given our defensive performance, my avatar bet that OSU won't beat us by 20+ points looks to be solid.
Most of those passing yards came in the fourth quarter when they had made the mistake of taking their foot off the accelerator. That has been happening too much the past couple of years. What you are missing is they gave up 18 rushing yards. Michigan has little offensive weapons in the passing outside of Butt and your nearly non-existent run game will be destroyed again. It might just be another negative rushing game for the Wolverines.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you watch the BYU game? That back up qb looked really good. If BYU can go into Lincoln and win they can go into Ann Arbor and win.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the BYU game? That back up qb looked really good. If BYU can go into Lincoln and win they can go into Ann Arbor and win.
But but but....Big House, Rusty Nail and Old Time Football?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of those passing yards came in the fourth quarter when they had made the mistake of taking their foot off the accelerator. That has been happening too much the past couple of years. What you are missing is they gave up 18 rushing yards. Michigan has little offensive weapons in the passing outside of Butt and your nearly non-existent run game will be destroyed again. It might just be another negative rushing game for the Wolverines.
Michigan has Darboh and Butt in the passing game. Darboh also had a great game and was open on a few long bombs. The rushing is really the only thing that's concerning and I'm hoping that gets progressively better as the year goes along.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything is not so black and white. Gardner and Rudock both gave up three turnovers to Utah, but Rudock actually looked productive in the other aspects of the passing game where Gardner was just all around broken -- including his multiple turnovers.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He looked good, but it was a fairly small sample size and Nebraska also looked pretty bad on defense. I mean, BYU had over 500 yards of total yards. And his only TD on the game was a hail marry attempt that was under thrown and a great play was made by their WR.

No doubt they could come to Ann Arbor and win but without their senior QB I suspect it will be much harder. I am like 50% less worried about that game without him in the game.

And, BTW, Notre Dame either looked scary good or Texas looked horribly bad. Just thought I'd throw that in there. I'm super glad we don't play ND this year.