• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Michigan State vs. Iowa

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU, they may have a bad offense, but Iowa's defense is nothing to gloat about. On the other hand, MSU has a solid defense, and Iowa's offense is mediocre. MSU wins a defensive game.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is impossible to predict IMO. Who has the better fg kicker?

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU, they may have a bad offense, but Iowa's defense is nothing to gloat about. On the other hand, MSU has a solid defense, and Iowa's offense is mediocre. MSU wins a defensive game.

We are all about ball control...look at every game we've played this year, we own TOP so our offense doesn't need to score, they just need to not make dumb turnovers which MSU can potentially create. And to say our defense is nothing to gloat about is pretty funny coming from a Husker fan. We have one of the best LB corps in the B1G...if you use common sense (which you really can't in college football) Iowa has the advantage on paper, more than manageable O and more than manageable D vs. MSUs less than average O and an all-world D. If we hold on to the ball we win

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish this game were on later. The Husker game is on at the same time.

This is my kinda football game. I'd rather watch a 6-3 D battle than a 49-45 WAC style shoot-out.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
¹ true. quite possibly...MSU's Offense sucks. And Rudock is playing really well...we'll see how good he is against the acknowledged best Defense in the country - something yall Huskers can't even fathom.
² true. it is possible...Iowa actually has a Defense. Oh, btw, so do the surprising Illini...and how's Martinez's turf toe healing?

Nebraska has no clue on defense.

How is Michigan State's offense? Just who is the QB?

Your DC is wishing he had Nebraska's defense. Nebraska's OC is wishing he had Narduzzi on defense.

Maybe Beck and Narduzzi and get together.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
¹ true. quite possibly...MSU's Offense sucks. And Rudock is playing really well...we'll see how good he is against the acknowledged best Defense in the country - something yall Huskers can't even fathom.
² true. it is possible...Iowa actually has a Defense. Oh, btw, so do the surprising Illini...and how's Martinez's turf toe healing?

This is the Iowa Michigan State thread. I put down my opinions on the Iowa Michigan State game. Yet, you decide to bring Nebraska into it.

Why don't you go comment in the Illinois Nebraska thread and make your bold and extremely knowledgable predictions.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Iowa Michigan State thread. I put down my opinions on the Iowa Michigan State game. Yet, you decide to bring Nebraska into it.
Why don't you go comment in the Illinois Nebraska thread and make your bold and extremely knowledgable predictions.

But then, Michigan State's offense is quite possibly the worst offense in the NCAA. Michigan State does not even have any inkling of which quarterback is even average.

gee, what was I thinking? after all, you merely invited yourself onto a MSU/IOWA thread and dissed the shit out of my team.

Please let me make it up to you. Why don't you come to my house today?...call my wife fat and my kids stupid...I promise not to take it personally.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gee, what was I thinking? after all, you merely invited yourself onto a MSU/IOWA thread and dissed the shit out of my team.

Please let me make it up to you. Why don't you come to my house today?...call my wife fat and my kids stupid...I promise not to take it personally.

Actually the Mich St Forum would be your house. The CFB Forum is like a bar. If you're gonna post her, expect to hear "you suck" now and then.

That being said, Go Sparty!!!!! Win the game with a pick 6.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Mich St Forum would be your house. The CFB Forum is like a bar. If you're gonna post her, expect to hear "you suck" now and then.

That being said, Go Sparty!!!!! Win the game with a pick 6.

LOL...yah, I know it's the "bar" and not my house. Tell me though: some oaf comes into the bar, calls your wife fat, your kids stupid...you'd let it slide? I don't think so...you'd lay the opinionated sonnabitch out too.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...yah, I know it's the "bar" and not my house. Tell me though: some oaf comes into the bar, calls your wife fat, your kids stupid...you'd let it slide? I don't think so...you'd lay the opinionated sonnabitch out too.

No I wouldn't. My means of supporting my family is more important than an assault charge for decking some oaf.

I didn't see OC attack your wife and kids. He just criticized a football team.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you both lose. Haha. Just kidding!

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry I ruffled your feathers.

You don't provide any evidence to contradict my statements other than Michigan State has the #1 defense, but you bring in that Nebraska, which is not playing in the Iowa/Michigan State game.

Yet, that #1 Michigan State defense lost to Notre Dame. That #1 defense did not shutout 0-4 South Florida, did not shutout 0-5 Western Michigan, did not shutout FCS Youngstown State, who is 4-1. By those standards, the Nebraska defense looked Michigan Stateish with their game against 0-4 Southern Mississippi.

Maybe that #1 Michigan State Defense opponents are not quite up to snuff. Did you know Iowa's defense held Western Michigan to THREE points. Michigan State held them to 13 points.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I wouldn't. My means of supporting my family is more important than an assault charge for decking some oaf.

I didn't see OC attack your wife and kids. He just criticized a football team.

:wtf:

picking and choosing analogies here much? if this is an "open bar" where anybody can diss my team why should they get butthurt when I diss their team back? fuck it.

games to watch...this cross-purpose arguing is for the birds.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

picking and choosing analogies here much? if this is an "open bar" where anybody can diss my team why should they get butthurt when I diss their team back? fuck it.

games to watch...this cross-purpose arguing is for the birds.

My advice. Don't be so sensitive.

I am rooting for under 38. :dance:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make it 38.5.

Didn't get it. Good stop thar

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU only wins if they can pull trick plays out of their ass. Avoid any fake punts and FG's, and Iowa wins.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did they get ball back?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35