• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

michigan is fucking pathetic

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP's obvious shit stirring aside, very disappointed in the 2019 model of Michigan football. This was supposed to be a different year, system, and OC. However, much like last year the offense is slow, ineffective, and with no apparent objective.

New OC's and game plans might generate some enthusiasm, but you still have basically the same personnel from last year. So the play-calling might not be dramatically different from the very beginning; you have to bring some of those kids along gradually, and maybe some of them just don't fit the new system at all.

OTOH, LMAO @ your team

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New OC's and game plans might generate some enthusiasm, but you still have basically the same personnel from last year. So the play-calling might not be dramatically different from the very beginning; you have to bring some of those kids along gradually, and maybe some of them just don't fit the new system at all.

OTOH, LMAO @ your team
Yeah, but LOL at Tennessee.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OTOH, LMAO @ your team
Patterson came from an RPO system at Ole Miss, 99% of these kids play it in HS and they have allegedly been working on this since Jan so I guess I have higher expectations.

What I do know that doesn't fit the "system" is Harbs.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are ignoring the fact that the one year (2017) he did play, your offensive line had the blocking ability of a turnstile. It was like every play was a screen pass.

When I say he was a statue — he looked like a deer in head lights. The OL definitely didn’t help, but he’d have guys running full bore at him and he wouldn’t flinch and take the hit.

It was mind boggling, because he can move. He ran like 4.6-4.7 40, so he isn’t slow. But it could have been hat it was his first time playing in college.

I haven’t had the chance to watch any Illinois games, but he looks like he is doing alright

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, don't lump us in with those other guys who have a loss.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me either. They beat a team that I think went 11-2 last year, and that same team took OK to OT.

Michigan didn't play well for sure, though, and misery may just be awaiting them when they play Wisconsin next.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won in double OT against a team that would be lucky to get a 3* athlete and you jump into the crowd like you just won the conference (LOL)

What a joke. I'm beyond embarrassed if I'm a michigan fan.
2020 Class for Army has 11 3*
2019 had 13

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won in double OT against a team that would be lucky to get a 3* athlete and you jump into the crowd like you just won the conference (LOL)

What a joke. I'm beyond embarrassed if I'm a michigan fan.

What happened? Did they get smoked by Purdue?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me either. They beat a team that I think went 11-2 last year, and that same team took OK to OT.

Michigan didn't play well for sure, though, and misery may just be awaiting them when they play Wisconsin next.
There are two positives I took away from that game, our defense held a very tricky offense from an 11 win team last year to just 14 points in regulation AND that despite playing like horse shit in almost every aspect of the game, we still managed to scrape out a win. Which means if we can pull together a good performance, we might actually be OK.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two positives I took away from that game, our defense held a very tricky offense from an 11 win team last year to just 14 points in regulation AND that despite playing like horse shit in almost every aspect of the game, we still managed to scrape out a win. Which means if we can pull together a good performance, we might actually be OK.
Did you just say a team that is ranked 118th in offense who runs exactly what you know they’re fixing to run play by play is “tricky” ?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember when you constantly made fun of ND for playing service academies? Funny how your opinion has changed.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just say a team that is ranked 118th in offense who runs exactly what you know they’re fixing to run play by play is “tricky” ?
Are you arguing triple option teams aren't tricky? Even with our defense holding them in check, their rushing attack was ranked #2 last season...right behind another triple option team, GT. They're ranked so low in total offense because they pass like 3 times a game by design, which negatively impacts that average.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when you constantly made fun of ND for playing service academies? Funny how your opinion has changed.
No, ND protecting it's game against Navy is still stupid. I'd rather not have scheduled Army at all. That game was a lose lose for us. Even if we blow out Army, most people shrug that off. The other options include losing to a tricky offense we'll never see again in the near future or play a close game and win, like we did, and everyone treat it like a loss. I want Michigan to schedule 3 MAC teams every year until the system changes because the playoff system rewards the W over everything else.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in the other thread.

The only thing this is going to ruin is Army's future scheduling.

Between this and the OU game last year, nobody is going to want to schedule them.

#ArmyFacts

Another fun fact is Duke beat Army 34-14 last season, carry on Plebeians

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you arguing triple option teams aren't tricky? Even with our defense holding them in check, their rushing attack was ranked #2 last season...right behind another triple option team, GT. They're ranked so low in total offense because they pass like 3 times a game by design, which negatively impacts that average.
Yes. Frustrating, yes. Tricky? No. It’s simply assignment football.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Frustrating, yes. Tricky? No. It’s simply assignment football.
The tricky part is that unless you face one of these teams regularly, it's likely something your defensive players have never seen in their entire existence of playing football. So while it's "assignment football" it's specifically designed to confuse defenses into giving up huge plays by 1 dude missing an assignment.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tricky part is that unless you face one of these teams regularly, it's likely something your defensive players have never seen in their entire existence of playing football. So while it's "assignment football" it's specifically designed to confuse defenses into giving up huge plays by 1 dude missing an assignment.
Guess that part is true. Even starting from the high school level, these kids virtually see some version of the spread week after week.