• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Brantley made the All Star team?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand Gamel not making the all star team. He's a kid and he's not well known around the league yet. His success this year kind of snuck on everyone including the Mariner organization and our own fan base. But still, he's leading the league in hitting, third on OBP, has plus speed, and plays an above average outfield whether it be left or right.

So, with four Indians already on the AS squad, how does Francona justify Brantley over Gamels for a reserve outfielder spot? I honestly don't think either guy should be on the all star team, but if you are going to consider Brantley then Gamel should be considered ahead of him.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand Gamel not making the all star team. He's a kid and he's not well known around the league yet. His success this year kind of snuck on everyone including the Mariner organization and our own fan base. But still, he's leading the league in hitting, third on OBP, has plus speed, and plays an above average outfield whether it be left or right.

So, with four Indians already on the AS squad, how does Francona justify Brantley over Gamels for a reserve outfielder spot? I honestly don't think either guy should be on the all star team, but if you are going to consider Brantley then Gamel should be considered ahead of him.

Considering how much the WBC exhibition cost us this year I'm totally fine with Gamel and any other snub from the M's not playing in the All-Star game. Also, congrats to Nellie for making the team......now stay home and rest your day to day injury.

Does Jerry have the power to stop the players from playing in the ASG? If so, shut Nellie down!

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how much the WBC exhibition cost us this year I'm totally fine with Gamel and any other snub from the M's not playing in the All-Star game. Also, congrats to Nellie for making the team......now stay home and rest your day to day injury.

Does Jerry have the power to stop the players from playing in the ASG? If so, shut Nellie down!
Last year nellie did his darnest to try not to do anything at the asg

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted he added a ton to those stats in the last week, that said I'm surprised Cano didn't make it to the final vote for the AL.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Ood hitter who doesn't hit for power shouldn't make an all-star team? Someone should tell Ichiro.

43-8.
Gamel didn't.

Hard to see it as a snub when a guy has struck out 15 times as much as he's homered. Prolly didn't help that his average has dropped 20 points in the last week. If teams had been chosen June 23rd his chances would've been much better.

Ichiro was a base stealer, one of the best outfielders in the game and struck out ten times less during his rookie season than Gamel has already. Not really a comparison.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gamel didn't.

Hard to see it as a snub when a guy has struck out 15 times as much as he's homered. Prolly didn't help that his average has dropped 20 points in the last week. If teams had been chosen June 23rd his chances would've been much better.

Ichiro was a base stealer, one of the best outfielders in the game and struck out ten times less during his rookie season than Gamel has already. Not really a comparison.

Game is a better choice than Brantley.