• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Week 5-6 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ira, the Heat and Bulls should work out a deal so Dwyane Wade and Derrick Rose play together, that way when one takes a day off the other can play. -- Harvey.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
ADD A COMMENT

A: If Wade's situation grows as muddled at Rose's in Chicago, then the Heat are in major trouble. They have done nothing more that tread water since Wade was lost with his strained left hamstring (3-5 when including the loss to the Pacers, when he was injured on the game's second play). The difference is the Bulls also have Joakim Noah and Jimmy Butler and Pau Gasol and Taj Gibson. They are in much better position to endure without Rose (as they've shown in recent seasons and even recent games) than the Heat, with this roster, without Wade. While Wade now is dealing with expected conditioning issues as he returns to practice, Sunday in New York is a spot the Heat really could use him, even if he then has to sit out Monday in Washington. Even with Wade, Washington sets up as a challenge.

Q: Wouldn't you agree that this new Pat Riley approach of family thing is hurting the Heat? Udonis Haslem, Birdman, Dwyane Wade. In the heyday, I remember how aggressive he was in trades, with Glen Rice, Jamal Mashburn. I mean this is a business and our future is at stake here! If we have a losing record could you see the old Riley come out and trade? -- Bryan, Davie.

A: That's what happens when you pay it forward, when it comes time to pay up for previous sacrifices. There is a reason that Chris Andersen was willing to play at the minimum during two highly productive seasons (beyond the money he still was due from the Nuggets). Similarly, Udonis Haslem has sacrificed knowing there would be payback. And I would venture to guess that no matter how these next two seasons play out, Dwyane Wade will get another lucrative contract. All of that said, if Riley does have to include a mainstay to make the salary-cap math work in a trade, I think he would deal anyone short of Chris Bosh or Wade. The reality is the Heat have targeted the 2016 offseason for their next major makeover, so I don't see any dramatic personnel moves in the interim.

Q: Is Anthony Davis going to be Pat Riley's top target in 2 years? -- Jeffrey.

A: Yes, and every other team's top target, as well. I spoke to a coach over the past week who told me he views Davis as the NBA's best player right now, better than LeBron James, better than Kevin Durant, at least when it comes to a player he would choose to build around going forward.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diva Wade and all healthy players should play - you only sitout games if you have a debilitating injury - and being a pussy is not one of them

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade coming back should be good. East is wide open. Next four games have 3 teams above us in the standings, only the knicks being below .500. We need to go 3-1.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is the use of Luol Deng. Why did the Heat pay him $10 million and then not feature him in the offense? Even before turning to Dwyane Wade, Deng should be sought out early and often in games. -- Dee, Chicago.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
ADD A COMMENT

A: I don't think scoring was among the primary reasons Luol was sought after in free agency. I think the Heat were looking to get from Deng what Chicago maximized: his ability to contribute in variety of areas, from his defense to his mid-range shooting to his rebounding to his ability to play off the ball. This remains a team where Chris Bosh and Wade (when he is available) are the primary options. But Deng has, as vowed, upgraded his 3-point game and that has provided a significant boost recent. If you're looking at Luol's numbers, you're only looking at part of the picture. If the Heat were looking for offense, if they were looking for someone to step up when Wade was out, I think they would have looked in other directions. And if Deng were only a scorer, this Heat mix would not work nearly as well as it has to this point.

Q: Chauncey Billups' career was nondescript until he was 26 and a five-year veteran. Is Mario Chalmers going to break out now or are his recent performances just fool's gold based on his previous body of work? -- Martin.

A: Chalmers is like many players who got to start their careers on playoff teams, and therefore were not necessarily able to offer the types of statistical splashes made by those who could be featured on rosters at the bottom of the standings. What we still need to see from Chalmers is how it all meshes once Wade returns to the lineup. He has made significant strides this season, but I think that also has to do with the way Erik Spoelstra has utilized him. Chalmers truly will hit his stride when the good moments significantly outnumber the what-the-heck-was-he-thinking moments. He appears to be turning that corner, but I don't know if he'll ever be as steadying as a Billups.

Q: Do you think Wade will make the All-Star team on fan votes? I do not see coaches picking him if the fans do not! -- Bryan, Fort Lauderdale.

A: It's an interesting question, considering his prime competition in fan voting figures to be Kyrie Irving and Derrick Rose. While Rose has received criticism for the time he has missed, it's not as if Wade has been an everyday presence. As for Irving, it could come down to how long it takes for the Cavaliers to hit their stride. Then there is the possibility of DeMar DeRozan monopolizing the Canadian vote and John Wall making a possible breakthrough. I do agree that once the coaches vote for reserves, Wade's 2014-15 body of work will be put to much more rigorous inspection, with DeRozan and Jimmy Butler to get plenty of support. Still, between fans and coaches, I think both appreciate how important "brands" are to the game, with Wade still very much that.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are asking the wrong questions - The question should be our players maximizing their possibilities and the teams to win. Until players take responsibility, and our so called later mans up , we wont get the best out of our guys.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING NEWS: Spoelstra and Wade confirm that Wade will play and start tonight against Knicks.

The Knicks will honor the occassion with a brief pre-game ceremony at midcourt. Game used gear will be sent to the HOF in Springfield, Mass to celebrate the occasion. Riles will present Diva Wade with commorative plaque in honor of the milestone for Wade. Rumor has it if he is able to play on back to back nights in Washington - There will be a pre-game parade down biscayne blvd to celebrate - Because, you know, biscayne blvd is where AAArena is located, not South Beach.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source: Ira Winderman, Sun-Sentinel

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Andersen is listed as out - but he hasnt been much of a difference maker this season anyway - Carmelo Anthony upgraded to GTD with back spasms.

Will be interesting to see how the Heat bring the diva along after sitting out so many games - And how this affects Ennis and Napier, two rooks who have stepped up in the bitch absence

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Andersen is listed as out - but he hasnt been much of a difference maker this season anyway - Carmelo Anthony upgraded to GTD with back spasms.

Will be interesting to see how the Heat bring the diva along after sitting out so many games - And how this affects Ennis and Napier, two rooks who have stepped up in the bitch absence

Why would this have any impact on Napier? He's the backup PG....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With diva back, even with Napier as backup PG, the rotation and such is probably going to be a little different as to who and how much certain guys get used off the bench - That is all I meant. And, yes, I will be referring to him as diva until he can man up again. Enjoy it because I will.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lineup of Anthony, Dalembert, Acy, Calderon and Shumpert for the Knicks

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade, Cole, Deng, Bosh, Williams starting for the Heat. Birdman and Dawkins inactive.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Center: Samuel Dalembert

Power forward: Quincy Acy

Small forward: Carmelo Anthony

Shooting guard: Iman Shumpert

Point guard: Jose Calderon

Inactive: Andrea Bargnani, Cleanthony Early.

Coach: Derek Fisher.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be said that while the Knicks often ruined my childhood back in the day , and while watching the Heat torch them every change they get is great - the thrill of of those close games in this matchup is missed.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some tweets from James Walker, Dolphins beat guy for ESPN as to our standing with the current results and the KC-Denver and our game yet to be played - we would have to win and KC lose to be back at the 6th seed based on tiebreakers.

Memo to #Dolphins tweeps: You may want to root hard for the #Broncos tonight against the #Chiefs.

I had this verified, so keep up. If the #Chiefs (7-4) lose tonight and the #Dolphins (6-5) win Monday, MIA holds the final AFC wildcard.

It would be a six-way tie at 7-5 for the final wildcard between the #Dolphins, #Chiefs, #Ravens, #Bills, #Steelers and #Browns.

Head-to-head and division tiebreakers are not applicable with six teams. Therefore, it comes down to conference record between MIA and PITT.
If the #Dolphins win Monday vs. the #Jets, they would be tied with the #Steelers with a 6-3 record in the conference.
That leaves #Dolphins and #Steelers to go to the strength of schedule tiebreaker, which Miami has and would get the No. 6 seed. You follow?

Of course, none of this matters if the #Chiefs win and/or #Dolphins don't take care of biz tomorrow. But I like to keep MIA tweeps informed.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bad was trying to post scenarios for the fins on the fins board and got mixed up

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 114.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
given all the time off taken, no excuse for diva other than to have a stellar game