• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Week 5-6 Game Thread

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
4th? How?

Orlando & Charlotte are not close to being on our level....and that say a lot about how bad they are especially Charlotte.

Washington and Atl are better
What is our record versus Charlotte this year? They are a match up nightmare for us.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is our record versus Charlotte this year? They are a match up nightmare for us.

1-1 but point is they're a shit team. Philly went 2-1 against us last year. Did that means they were better?

Charlotte is 4-15 and currently on a 10 game losing streak. We may not have 15 losses until the end of the month.

Orlando is Orlando. They will be good for 25-30 wins

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
1-1 but point is they're a shit team. Philly went 2-1 against us last year. Did that means they were better?

Charlotte is 4-15 and currently on a 10 game losing streak. We may not have 15 losses until the end of the month.

Orlando is Orlando. They will be good for 25-30 wins
You got me!!! We are #3!!! In our division. YES!!!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OFFICIAL: The Miami HEAT have assigned Andre Dawkins to the Sioux Falls Skyforce of the NBA D-League.

another young gun that just hasnt gotten a chance is sent down, to probably bring up or sign someone who will probably - not be used much if at all

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bk. I dont blame riley for lebron leaving, i blame him for not seeing it. Seems there was all the writing on the wall. Multiple people knew about it. I reported it almost 2 weeks prior from hearing it from a friend of his. Rileys denial cost us big time.

Shame about dawkins, hopefully we grab someone who can help. Id be ok with Beasley returning lol. Or someone to improve defense.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erik Spoelstra needs to change the defense. The Heat continue to give up too many open 3-pointers? -- Jay.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
Also, it's nice to see Ira finally raising coaching concerns, including the defense and the perplexing rotations. It's actually a risk because doing so may put him in a difficult spot since the Heat can control his access to the player's. etc, if he doesn't tow the line to...
JOSH22
AT 10:19 AM DECEMBER 04, 2014
ADD A COMMENTSEE ALL COMMENTS

A: In various forms, I got more email on this subject than any other after Wednesday night's game, and I agree that it's insanity to try to play the same style of defense with defenders that don't fit the system. And I thought that was where Pat Riley was going after last season, in the wake of the Spurs carving the Heat defense up with their ball movement and wide-open 3-point shots, when Riley spoke of Spoelstra having to reinvent himself. Instead, the Heat make such an overwhelming effort to defending the pick and roll, continue to overplay the strong side, and then scramble out to 3-point shooters. These defenders do not have the necessary foot speed. And there is no second line of defense, no deterrence at the rim. So much of the style Spoelstra coaches requires five men on a string, each reacting to what another defender does, pulling "triggers" if needed. With so many new players, and so much shuffling of the rotation, the scramble appears to be overwhelming. All of that said, I don't think Spoelstra is budging. I think the insistence will be that these Heat players simply do it better. I'm not sure they can.

Q: Does Dwyane Wade have to jog back on defense? -- Steve.

A: No, there is no rule that mandates the approach. On one hand, Wade is at an age when he has to pace himself. On the other, he can't just be solely an offensive player. If it's fatigue, then trim the minutes. Against a ball-movement team like the Hawks, it was fatal on several occasions when the rest of the Heat's defenders had to play 4-on-5 Wednesday. It is the type of thing that needs to be subtly addressed, and for more than YouTube videos during the playoffs. Then again, perhaps it already has. It is nothing new, but something these little-margin-for-error Heat can afford.

Q: Ira, Birdman was not playing well. So his injury did not change very much. But is Justin Hamilton the backup center? -- John.

A: Of all the moves by Spoelstra on Wednesday, that is the one that I found most confounding. And then to play him seven minutes early and then not again? That I found even more confounding. I don't think Justin Hamilton plays on a playoff-level team, so it comes down to what you think about the Heat. But for Shawne Williams to go from starter to 18 minutes off the bench seemed odd, as well. If the commitment remains to the aforementioned defensive style, then perhaps Udonis Haslem should be revisited, as he was in Wednesday's fourth quarter. Bottom line: Amid the injuries, the depth on this team is shaky, very shaky.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawkins will continue to count towards Heat 15-man roster, therefore expect no one else to be brought in to replace his spot.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont blame riley for lebron leaving, i blame him for not seeing it

As true as anything you will ever say. Bitch James was going to leave no matter what because he is the ultimate attention whore. Dont be surprise when he does it again or at least becomes a FA after this or next season - he refuses to allow anyone else to be in the spotlight - he wants it for him and that fake ass deep voice of his

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like we need a spark off the bench, a player who knows he will be a bench player in these endless rotations, and will play like it. Is it time to bring that player, Michael Beasley, back after this China contract? -- Rover, Wellington.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
Ira: "But what they really need is for Deng to play as a lockdown one-on-one defender, so the switches don't have to be as frequently." Bingo! Why doesn't Spo see these things? So frustrating ... an excellent defender he doesn't seem to know how to utilize. Instead,...
JOSH22
AT 10:10 AM DECEMBER 05, 2014
ADD A COMMENTSEE ALL COMMENTS

A: No. The last I've seen from Beasley was when he spent Wednesday night playing "tag" on Twitter. So let's leave that at that. But with Luol Deng dealing with his hand injury, and with Danny Granger such a great unknown at this stage, it did have me looking at the list of available wings, a list topped Ray Allen and one that also includes Beasley and Rashard Lewis. The pickings, for the most, are slim, a list mostly of players who are out of the league and not very likely to get back in, players such as Stephen Jackson, Mickael Pietrus, Josh Howard, Rip Hamilton, Keith Bogans and Ryan Gomes. Then there are the likes of Travis Outlaw, Dahntay Jones, Quincy Miller, Ronnie Brewer and Heat camp cut Reggie Williams.

Q: What does Andre Dawkins being moved to the D-League mean for the Heat? -- Randy, Orlando.

A: That he remains property of the Heat and continues under his NBA contract while also getting playing time while the Heat are on the road for more than a week. But it also could mean allowing him to settle in with the Sioux Falls Skyforce, then releasing him in order to continue to work under the Heat's D-League coaches there. That would open a roster spot on the Heat's 15-man roster, perhaps for one of the wings mentioned above, or perhaps someone who could be acquired in a trade. It could come down to whether Granger can show that he is a viable Heat alternative at the moment.

Q: How can the Heat seem to be so aware of their lack of defense and then still come out every night and not play it? -- Bryan, Calif.

A: Because they might not have the players who can work in this type of system, or perhaps play defense at all. The lack of a defensive backstop is a factor, and that's where the Heat are missing Chris Andersen's deterrence. The Heat also have been playing small for extended stretches, which also is a factor. Josh McRoberts' move into the starting lineup could help. But what they really need is for Deng to play as a lockdown one-on-one defender, so the switches don't have to be as frequently. Another issue is none of the Heat's point guards have played well defensively, with Shabazz Napier particularly exposed off the dribble.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Zarba, Haywoode Workman. Sean Wright your referees for tonight's Heat-Bucks, 8:30 p.m. BMO Harris Bradley Center (Sun Sports).

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True....I also believe that coaching not adjusting to the roster is another big problem.

The Hawks game was the 1st game this year where I saw Wade clearly not get fouled, then whine to the refs vs getting back on D.
If that trend starts re happening, we might make 7-8 seed.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, Luol Deng (hand) and Chris Andersen (ankle) out for Heat tonight. Norris Cole, Danny Granger questionable due to illness.

Per Ira Winderman

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks game was the 1st game this year where I saw Wade clearly not get fouled, then whine to the refs vs getting back on D.
If that trend starts re happening, we might make 7-8 seed.

Then clearly, you arent watching games - because he whines to the refs vs getting back on D in a nightly basis - the only time he doesnt do it is when he SITS OUT games.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then clearly, you arent watching games - because he whines to the refs vs getting back on D in a nightly basis - the only time he doesnt do it is when he SITS OUT games.

Very untrue.
Ive seen him talk to the refs during timeouts, etc.. this season, but very rarely during live action.
Your annual hate for a Heat player or 2 blinds you.

You somehow think that this roster should be some way above average team?

Open your eyes and really look at the talent on our roster vs the talent of the teams beating us.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it looks like no Deng, Birdman or Granger for Heat, with Larry Sanders ill and out for Milwaukee. Game 8:30 p.m. (Sun Sports)

Per Ira Winderman

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your annual hate for a Heat player or 2 blinds you.

You somehow think that this roster should be some way above average team?

Open your eyes and really look at the talent on our roster vs the talent of the teams beating us.

I dont have hate for any of our players now or ever - I have no feelings about our roster right now one way or another - we are 18 games into an 82 game season. I will reserve all judgment about this team as a whole for when our season is over - whenever that may be. Funny how the clowns on this board were belittling the regular season all through the years when we were getting lucky by escaping with championships - and accusing me about overreacting about early seasons games - now you fucking ignorant clowns are doing the same. Go figure. Just confirms the level of stupidity within this fan base and board.

It is a GREAT time to be a Heat fan. Humbling times - but fun.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
llyasova and Henson may be out as well for the Bucks

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have hate for any of our players now or ever - I have no feelings about our roster right now one way or another - we are 18 games into an 82 game season. I will reserve all judgment about this team as a whole for when our season is over - whenever that may be. Funny how the clowns on this board were belittling the regular season all through the years when we were getting lucky by escaping with championships - and accusing me about overreacting about early seasons games - now you fucking ignorant clowns are doing the same. Go figure. Just confirms the level of stupidity within this fan base and board.

It is a GREAT time to be a Heat fan. Humbling times - but fun.

If you think this regular seasons importance compares to what the last few seasons did, then (as I already more then likely knew) there is no point of discussion with you.

BTW, NO team gets "LUCKY" to escape with a championship when you need to win 4 best of 7 series to accomplish it.