• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Game Thread - March

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another freak injury and a total meltdown by all involved.
Welcome to the continuing saga of our season.
We were so spoiled the last 4 seasons that this must just be the NBA Gods equalizer.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up on looking ahead to the schedule with this team. This team has proven they can beat any team on any night and lose to any team on any night. I'm no longer going to look to predict anything so I now ust take it one game at a time. All of the teams fighting for 7th and 8th are fighting for those spots because they have lacked consistency all year long. At the start of March I thought Indy would run away and hide with the 7th seed.....that same Pacers team are currently on a 6 game losing streak.

Our road struggles are a concern though.

The only good thing about our schedule is that considering how well we have played at home lately, we have a 4 game home stand right at the end of the year before ending the year in Philly. Most likely that 4 game home stand will determine if we make the playoffs or not

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We are not close in this game without Wade. Spolestra once again shows that he has ZERO feel for the game. Beasley was a liability on defense and did not make a shot in the 4th and yet the coach puts him in in the last few seconds? WTF. The same guy who could not get off a 3 down the stretch. It is not about jumping on Michael but on the decisions of this coaching staff who time and time again cost this team key games.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how some are trashing Beasley after pretty much begging and crying for the heat to bring him back all season . Boy , the things idiots on this board will say to give Diva a free pass and make everyone , especially the coaches the scapegoat

Beasley as well as every single player on the court, plus the coaches sucked horribly that last qtr.
I do feel Beasley was fouled on the called tie up, but he needed to secure the ball much tighter to make sure the ref had no choice but to call a foul.

As far as the jump ball, the Bucks player positioned his arm directly in front of Beasleys right before the toss.
Not sure if that's allowed, but he basically made sure Beasley had no chance to tap it.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So we have 6 on the road and 6 at home. Games on the road against the Celtics (2nd of back to back tomorrow), Hawks, Cavs, Pistons, Pacers and 76ers and home games against the Pistons, Spurs, Bobcats, Bulls, Raptors, and Magic and in that order. Honestly, I don't see us winning more than 5 and maybe 6. The key to our season will be if we win the right 5 or 6...LOL. Spolestra needs another talk from Riley.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Beasley as well as every single player on the court, plus the coaches sucked horribly that last qtr.
I do feel Beasley was fouled on the called tie up, but he needed to secure the ball much tighter to make sure the ref had no choice but to call a foul.

As far as the jump ball, the Bucks player positioned his arm directly in front of Beasleys right before the toss.
Not sure if that's allowed, but he basically made sure Beasley had no chance to tap it.

Beasley should not have been in the game in those last 10 seconds...heck...he got too much time in the 4th. I blame Spolestra more than Beasley. The guy is who he is irrespective of the excuses made for him. The Heat should have called a timeout on his rebound immediately.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley should not have been in the game in those last 10 seconds...heck...he got too much time in the 4th. I blame Spolestra more than Beasley. The guy is who he is irrespective of the excuses made for him. The Heat should have called a timeout on his rebound immediately.

He was put in to rebound, which I felt he had.

Why call a timeout? It was a jump ball that he was involved in. He had to stay in the game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have 6 on the road and 6 at home. Games on the road against the Celtics (2nd of back to back tomorrow), Hawks, Cavs, Pistons, Pacers and 76ers and home games against the Pistons, Spurs, Bobcats, Bulls, Raptors, and Magic and in that order. Honestly, I don't see us winning more than 5 and maybe 6. The key to our season will be if we win the right 5 or 6...LOL. Spolestra needs another talk from Riley.

I got us winning 6-7 which should be good enough to make the playoffs

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from a guy that is surely sucking on Diva's dick - of course you would come to Diva's defense

The number of shots is irrelevant - he played hero ball - again, the number of shot attempts is irrelevant, its about the quality of some of those shots in some situations
. He missed a key FT down the stretch and went 1/3 from 3, he has no business shooting from 3 but he always wants to be a hero because he cant admit to be a ZERO at this point in his career.

Maybe we will find a way to lose tomorrow night as well and get closer to this misery ending and just another day closer to Diva's retirement

When you accuse someone of hero ball... the number of shot attempts is absolutely relevant. You do understand what the term "hero ball" means, right? Because it really looks like you don't. He shot 7-14 which is a great percentage for a guard. he also had 4 assists, second on the team. yes, he missed a key free throw..but was 6-7 from the line. yes beasley somehow lost a tip..dont get it..but whatever. Bottom line... we scored 9 points in the final 12 minutes of basketball. 1 play did not cost us this game. 12 minutes of crap offense did. There is plenty of blame to go around this time.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Heat, Whiteside on hand injury (10 stitches),"I can’t feel my hand at all right now. We’ll see how it feels tomorrow and go day-to-day.”

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mystery of the night - after a game in which D-Wade went back to being Diva Wade when it matter most and hurt his team in so many ways down the stretch, will he play tonight? it is the second night of a b2b and he is again coming off a costly performance. Or will he SIT OUT another game with some phantom injury? We are likely to be without Hassan

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Ira Tweets

Heat listing Whiteside (hand) as doubtful for tonight, and Birdman (left calf contusion) as questionable. Haslem listed as starting center

Birdman got banged up late vs. Bucks and was limping at finish, which would explain his lack of presence on key rebounding play at close.
Heat projected starting lineup, which often is subject to significant change, has Michael Beasley listed at forward.

Heat list Whiteside as doubtful, Chris Andersen questionable (and Haslem as starting center) Wednesday vs. Celtics

Should Beasley start (which I'm still not sure will be the case), it would make him Heat's 19th starter of season, breaking franchise record

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thankful for the hustle Birdman plays with, but he hasnt learned to control it - sometimes his erratic way of playing on both ends gets him dinged up - he plays through it which is great, but it often makes him ineffective and thats not good for anyone

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some pre-game tweets from Ira Winderman

Wade out due to left knee.

Birdman now ruled out too.

Whiteside out.
Isaiah Thomas will play for Celtics.

Just as I suspected, Diva Wade will SIT OUT yet another imporant game this season - of course, it follows a night where he cost his team a crucial game.

To sum up - not available for the Heat tonight due to injuries: Birdman, Whiteside, McRob and CB - Diva Wade SITTING OUT because hes just a pussy again.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sense in watching tonight. See you guys on Friday

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diva to the media about SITTING OUT tonight “ I felt it last night as the game went on” Which means that he started to feel the “injury” as the game went on - and as he went on to cost his team a crucial win as time went on- so typical