• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Week 1 Game Thread

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the game clock wasn't supposed to start until RT snapped the ball on the last play.

I'm just going to chalk this loss up to a great Seahawk Defense. Russell Wilson just wasn't going to be denied at the end of the game at home.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a fitting way to lose the game. The Dolphins did every thing to lose this game.

Hopefully next week Gase can grow some balls and not make excuses about our running game situation and sticks with it more. Abandon it way too early. And simply because of a lack of depth at the position. The Fins basically cancelled the running game out themselves in this one .

As good as Seattle is on defense - in this game, they really did little to stop us - we stopped ourselves more than anything.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ did nothing special either - not to take anything away from him -- but he wasn't all that special -- too much SportsHoopla after he got dinged up. It wasn't even that bad.

Just poor coaching and execution from the fins.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Dolphins fans. Looks like both teams have a lot of things that they need to work on. I'm glad this game was here instead of Miami, I think you guys would have taken it down there. Good luck the rest of the season.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm obviously disappointed in Stills but more upset that the Fins refused to quick snap and sneak it on 4th when the Hawks were standing around. Brady does it all season can the Fins do it just once??? The blocked FG was horrible too but with this many rookies shit happens. Parker would have helped...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ did nothing special either - not to take anything away from him -- but he wasn't all that special -- too much SportsHoopla after he got dinged up. It wasn't even that bad.

Gase gave them a great chance to win in a tough game I can't fault him. Probably could have run more but it really wasn't there and missing Ajayi and Pead hurt Drake isn't ready yet.

Lack of execution for sure Tanny was pretty good but the receivers need to catch the ball. Parker will help but they could have easily won this game too bad for the missed FG...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Dolphins fans. Looks like both teams have a lot of things that they need to work on. I'm glad this game was here instead of Miami, I think you guys would have taken it down there. Good luck the rest of the season.
Agreed good luck too! I'm happy that the Fins D played well...

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've got mixed emotions over this game. I mean, Miami played a pretty solid game ESPECIALLY considering it was against a top 10 (or top 5) NFL team AT their field. That being said, there really have been soooo many losses just like this one over the last 3-4 yrs. Games that honestly we've had no business losing..... & yes I get the fact that this is a 'new regime' & blah blah blah. So, I'm feeling pretty optimistic about how Miami played today, but nervous that this is yet just another 'lost victory' in a long line of 'lost victories'. I guess only time will tell...... onto the Pats!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase gave them a great chance to win in a tough game I can't fault him. Probably could have run more but it really wasn't there and missing Ajayi and Pead hurt Drake isn't ready yet.

Lack of execution for sure Tanny was pretty good but the receivers need to catch the ball. Parker will help but they could have easily won this game too bad for the missed FG...

We can't settle for the " He isn't ready" narrative because of guys being inexperienced = we have a lot of inexperience -- especially on the offensive skilled positions. We have depth. But that depth will never be put to good use or be consistently effective if not given a chance because guys " aren't ready yet" The best way to have them ready is give them PT during actual games.

That was part of the problem today - Tannehill and the offense keyed in on a couple of guys (mostly the vets) - we got predictable and figured out -- and rather then look elsewhere, we simply kept going to the same guys no matter how ineffective the results.

In simpler terms - the play calling was too conservative for too long. Once again rather than do the things that we could do well -- we played to the hands of the opponent and got beat.

Next week Gase has to open things up earlier.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't settle for the " He isn't ready" narrative because of guys being inexperienced = we have a lot of inexperience -- especially on the offensive skilled positions. We have depth. But that depth will never be put to good use or be consistently effective if not given a chance because guys " aren't ready yet" The best way to have them ready is give them PT during actual games.

That was part of the problem today - Tannehill and the offense keyed in on a couple of guys (mostly the vets) - we got predictable and figured out -- and rather then look elsewhere, we simply kept going to the same guys no matter how ineffective the results.

In simpler terms - the play calling was too conservative for too long. Once again rather than do the things that we could do well -- we played to the hands of the opponent and got beat.

Next week Gase has to open things up earlier.
I don't disagree but on one play Drake had no clue what he was doing Tanny had to show him where to go. Tough to teach in a tough tight game. They will get better after practice and the opportunities they get.

The oline was better but they are a better pass protection line so the run isn't as strong as it could be. I believe it will improve in time. Then we will see more running. 29-20 wasn't brutal though against one of the best D in football.

I definitely like what I saw on D did better than expected hopefully they get better as well.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I didn't like about our D was something I saw way too much during the Coyle days - knowing that if we brought pressure from start to finish we could've done damage -- we instead played conservative defense and let them run through us for big yards on shitty play calls -- We decided to finally turn guys loose when they were worn out.

Hopefully this week we release the dogs from the start and see what they do then.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched nearly the entire fins/Hawks game.

Neither team played particularly well. 12-10 usually means great defense or poor offense. The game yesterday was two inept offenses and mediocre defense. The Hawks were lucky as hell to be able to get that last FG and the Dolphins did nothing to stop them in crunch time. Then again, the Hawks were no better.

The Fins have to go to Foxboro next Sunday. They better have a better game plan and execution that they did yesterday. Jimmy Garappolo was way better than expected and with a really tough game under his belt and Rob Gronkowski back next week, the Dolphins better play better defense than they did against the Hawks.

Looking forward to the Pats first home game...............................

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neither team played particularly well. 12-10 usually means great defense or poor offense. The game yesterday was two inept offenses and mediocre defense. The Hawks were lucky as hell to be able to get that last FG and the Dolphins did nothing to stop them in crunch time. Then again, the Hawks were no better.

The Fins have to go to Foxboro next Sunday. They better have a better game plan and execution that they did yesterday. Jimmy Garappolo was way better than expected and with a really tough game under his belt and Rob Gronkowski back next week, the Dolphins better play better defense than they did against the Hawks.

Looking forward to the Pats first home game...............................

Well said. I know the Phins have made a habit of winning a game every year from the Pats, but this year is probably not going to be 1 of those years. Since the NFL screwed them over, The Hoodie is Pissed!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I didn't like about our D was something I saw way too much during the Coyle days - knowing that if we brought pressure from start to finish we could've done damage -- we instead played conservative defense and let them run through us for big yards on shitty play calls -- We decided to finally turn guys loose when they were worn out.

Hopefully this week we release the dogs from the start and see what they do then.
Keep in mind that they only scored 12 points and Wilson wasn't comfortable all game with very little blitzing. I'm ok with this we'll see what happens next week.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking forward to the Pats first home game...............................[/QUOTE
IMO the Fins lost this game the D was pretty good pressure all game except towards the end as they tired out. O has to be better!

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how comfortable I am with the defense just yet. The DB's weren't tested deep hardly at all. And we've been watching them get killed on the underneath stuff forever.

Hopefully Joseph can get a handle on that, because you KNOW that's where NE lives.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how comfortable I am with the defense just yet. The DB's weren't tested deep hardly at all. And we've been watching them get killed on the underneath stuff forever.

Hopefully Joseph can get a handle on that, because you KNOW that's where NE lives.
True but pressure always helps a secondary and the pats oline isn't the greatest. The Fins have tape on Jimmy now....

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but pressure always helps a secondary and the pats oline isn't the greatest. The Fins have tape on Jimmy now....

Absolutely. If there's one thing that has allowed us to beat NE recently it's been pass rush pressure.

Hopefully Mario is OK to go.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. If there's one thing that has allowed us to beat NE recently it's been pass rush pressure.

Hopefully Mario is OK to go.
They need all hands on deck! They are simply not able to plug scrubs in like NE yet. Hopefully they can build towards this.