• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Week 1 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to be back boys.

Lets talk up week 1 for our Fins.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to have you back Paolo. I hope all is well with you.

Fins vs Seahawks should be a good game. The Fins Dline will have to play really well to give the team a chance to win. The Fins offense has a lot of talent and I like what we've seen from THill and the group.

The Fins are understandably an underdog but if they play at their best & win the turnover battle they could make a huge statement to start the season.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wuts up fellas? Here's hoping things start to finally fall into place w/our Fins! Just a question..... does anybody else feel like, there are SO many 'ifs' that need to pan out for Miami in order for this team to win even 8 games? Xavien bein a solid (if not very good) cb, Mario Williams returning to form, Wake truly bein healthy, our linebackers (Alonso) finally becoming a force, our Oline not being horrible, our running game, Tannehill, the red zone, blah blah blah.... I feel like a few of these things can & will fall our way, just not entirely sure about them all. I'm resisting the urge to 'drink the Kool-aid' bcuz I've done it every year in the past & it hasn't exactly been Miami's decade. Any thoughts? Just curious....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard is a starting playmaker at the CB position. If he stays healthy then the Fins as a CB group have improved. Maxwell is solid. B McCain has really proven himself this offseason. He has an anticipation which leads to INT's, Lippett may not be a shutdown CB but with his size, athleticism, & ball skills opposing QB's have to be careful. He's an INT waiting to happen.

At LB in game 3 I saw Misi stuffing the run. He looked healthy and effective. I hope that's not just a glimpse but a pattern.

At Oline that is the least of my worries. THill had the best protection that I've seen since he's been here. It was just preseason but this looks like a good group with depth.

There are still questions with the team but I see improvement.

Also the coaching will be better. It's a tough start for the season. The Seahawks have a very good defense but think that Gase and the other coaches will prepare them well to give them a chance to win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to Seattle!
Let's get it on and I ask for no injuries to any of the players.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the only CBS game at 4pm, so it should be televised in every market who's team isn't playing in the same time slot, right?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed UHsplit, this game will be physical but I also hope for a good clean game without injuries to both sides.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigFin, that sounds right. It will be a nationally televised game

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough place to start the season. I expect much improvement in game plan and plays.
With the tough schedule, I'm not sure it will show up in wins.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning organizations don't make excuses. The Fins need to become part of a tough schedule for other teams by being a tough matchup each week.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up? New guy here. Can't wait for the real season to get started.

That said, I threw away my aqua and orange glasses some time ago. So I'm not going to get my hopes up too much until they show it on the field.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm,

Ajayi has talent. I expected him to not start but play some vs the Seahawks. Foster earned the starting spot from his performance in game 3 and he has a lot more experience. Ajayi didn't play very well in game 4. It's probably just a temporary setback for him.

Drake has breakaway speed and good hands so he'll probably make some plays. I also liked what I saw from Pead in the preseason. He had a full practice on Friday so he could be ready to contribute also.

Pouncey being out doesn't surprise me. He shouldn't rush back from his injury. Especially with Steen playing well.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the game will be much closer than people expect. The Fins defense will show they are for real in this game. The Fins' offense has plenty of talent also. I think they are being underrated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm,

Ajayi has talent. I expected him to not start but play some vs the Seahawks. Foster earned the starting spot from his performance in game 3 and he has a lot more experience. Ajayi didn't play very well in game 4. It's probably just a temporary setback for him.

Drake has breakaway speed and good hands so he'll probably make some plays. I also liked what I saw from Pead in the preseason. He had a full practice on Friday so he could be ready to contribute also.

Pouncey being out doesn't surprise me. He shouldn't rush back from his injury. Especially with Steen playing well.

My issue is more with how Ajayi is handling losing out on the starting job. Seems like his head isn't on straight. No doubt he has talent, but maybe an inflated ego as well.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ajayi does have a bad attitude he'll need to get over it. If not, he could find himself even further down the depth chart. It could be that the team just doesn't see him as ready yet. He made some big mistakes in the 4th preseason game. Also, the other RB's could bring more value as special team contributors.

Drake, Williams, Pead are all still in the mix. Foster is the clear #1 as long as he stays healthy. He's just so versatile which is perfect for an uptempo offense.

Patience can be a needed part of success in addition to hard work. A good example of that is Aaron Rodgers. He didn't start until his 4th year.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts and keys to victory

As always, the Fins MUST set the tone. Win toss, take ball -- score -- and/or force a quick 3 and out if it goes otherwise.

Our D-Line has the edge over their O-Line and its in this area we must be relentless in because the rest of our defense is as suspect as the seahawks OL.

If the Fins do this, setting the tone early will be no issue and they can take home the win.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up? New guy here. Can't wait for the real season to get started.

That said, I threw away my aqua and orange glasses some time ago. So I'm not going to get my hopes up too much until they show it on the field.

Welcome to SportsHoopla. I'm a Pats fan visiting your board. I have Miami covering the spread but I don't have a lot of hope for the win. Good luck.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As always, the Fins MUST set the tone. Win toss, take ball -- score -- and/or force a quick 3 and out if it goes otherwise.

Our D-Line has the edge over their O-Line and its in this area we must be relentless in because the rest of our defense is as suspect as the seahawks OL.

If the Fins do this, setting the tone early will be no issue and they can take home the win.

$5??????

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice to see you back Paolo any given Sunday but this will be a dogfight lots of???? Losing Parker would hurt...