• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins vs New York Jets

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he was with the cheatriots for long enough - maybe we can give them a taste of their own medicine and see what he can tell us about their playbook and game-plan to prepare for our next matchup

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D Jones is a very good special teams player. He will also bring needed depth to the Fins secondary.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he was with the cheatriots for long enough - maybe we can give them a taste of their own medicine and see what he can tell us about their playbook and game-plan to prepare for our next matchup

Looking past the Jets?

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking past the Jets?

I don't believe anybody that has been a fan of the Miami Dolphins for any amount of time would be looking past ANY team, much less a hated division rival.....but I can tell you w/o any hesitations, if the Jets were to somehow find a way to win this game, honestly it would not surprise me. The ONLY thing that has had any 'consistency' with the Dolphins, is the fact that they have been the most inconsistent team in the NFL for what seems like forever. So as most individuals(regardless of whom they might cheer for) might be predicting a blowout in Miami's favor, the feeling in my gut says its gonna go down to the wire....and it shouldn't shock anybody if New York was to win. Here's hoping Philbin ACTUALLY has his team prepared down the stretch, unlike last year.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finnegan is whatever - Charles Clay not playing will really hurt , though

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe anybody that has been a fan of the Miami Dolphins for any amount of time would be looking past ANY team, much less a hated division rival.....but I can tell you w/o any hesitations, if the Jets were to somehow find a way to win this game, honestly it would not surprise me. The ONLY thing that has had any 'consistency' with the Dolphins, is the fact that they have been the most inconsistent team in the NFL for what seems like forever. So as most individuals(regardless of whom they might cheer for) might be predicting a blowout in Miami's favor, the feeling in my gut says its gonna go down to the wire....and it shouldn't shock anybody if New York was to win. Here's hoping Philbin ACTUALLY has his team prepared down the stretch, unlike last year.

You made my case, Paolo was looking past the Jets and he is not a fan!!!!!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Sunday where we can do some scoreboard watching and rooting for and against certain teams. Contrary to what some think, we are on the outside looking-in on the playoff picture so we DONT control our own destiny - so we will have to have some results go our way today - and, of course, win tomorrow

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some tweets from James Walker, Dolphins beat guy for ESPN as to our standing with the current results and the KC-Denver and our game yet to be played - we would have to win and KC lose to be back at the 6th seed based on tiebreakers.

Memo to #Dolphins tweeps: You may want to root hard for the #Broncos tonight against the #Chiefs.

I had this verified, so keep up. If the #Chiefs (7-4) lose tonight and the #Dolphins (6-5) win Monday, MIA holds the final AFC wildcard.

It would be a six-way tie at 7-5 for the final wildcard between the #Dolphins, #Chiefs, #Ravens, #Bills, #Steelers and #Browns.

Head-to-head and division tiebreakers are not applicable with six teams. Therefore, it comes down to conference record between MIA and PITT.
If the #Dolphins win Monday vs. the #Jets, they would be tied with the #Steelers with a 6-3 record in the conference.
That leaves #Dolphins and #Steelers to go to the strength of schedule tiebreaker, which Miami has and would get the No. 6 seed. You follow?

Of course, none of this matters if the #Chiefs win and/or #Dolphins don't take care of biz tomorrow. But I like to keep MIA tweeps informed.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some tweets from James Walker, Dolphins beat guy for ESPN as to our standing with the current results and the KC-Denver and our game yet to be played - we would have to win and KC lose to be back at the 6th seed based on tiebreakers.

Memo to #Dolphins tweeps: You may want to root hard for the #Broncos tonight against the #Chiefs.

I had this verified, so keep up. If the #Chiefs (7-4) lose tonight and the #Dolphins (6-5) win Monday, MIA holds the final AFC wildcard.

It would be a six-way tie at 7-5 for the final wildcard between the #Dolphins, #Chiefs, #Ravens, #Bills, #Steelers and #Browns.

Head-to-head and division tiebreakers are not applicable with six teams. Therefore, it comes down to conference record between MIA and PITT.
If the #Dolphins win Monday vs. the #Jets, they would be tied with the #Steelers with a 6-3 record in the conference.
That leaves #Dolphins and #Steelers to go to the strength of schedule tiebreaker, which Miami has and would get the No. 6 seed. You follow?

Of course, none of this matters if the #Chiefs win and/or #Dolphins don't take care of biz tomorrow. But I like to keep MIA tweeps informed.

Thanks for the update Paolo. I like the Fins chances vs the Jets. They are capable of scoring well in the game. I think that the Jets will have a tough time covering the Fin's receivers. RE The Broncos vs the Chiefs: The Chiefs are tough at home but the Broncos have played well on the road. They gave the Seahawks all they could handle in that road game.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Paolo I thought that they had the tiebreaker but didn't realize how close it is with the steelers. So far so good hopefully the broncos hold on tonight. Go Fins!!!!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Paolo I thought that they had the tiebreaker but didn't realize how close it is with the steelers. So far so good hopefully the broncos hold on tonight. Go Fins!!!!

The Fins just need to take care of business on Monday night. The Fins are in good position. They have some winnable games ahead of them if they play well.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rainy night so far in NY

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RJ Stanford will start tonight for the fins at CB - has been here before under different previous coach and regime.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Garner, Jonathan Freeny, Jamar Taylor, Cortland Finnegan, Charles Clay, LaMichael James, Billy Turner inactive for the Fins. Lots of notable inactives for Fins - in fact, too many.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Empty stadium for the WETS

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the joke may be on the Fins cant stop the run early on already

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of Fins fans in the crowd. And surprised to see an early 3rd down stop by the Fins D