• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mexico game

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this and thought it was pretty funny.

CxzkDJaUcAE6JbP.jpg:large

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand the stadium is at over 7000 feet above sea level. Going to be interesting to see how the elevation messes with these players tonight.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand the stadium is at over 7000 feet above sea level. Going to be interesting to see how the elevation messes with these players tonight.

What is the elevation of the stadium in Denver?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the elevation of the stadium in Denver?

Well the field is just under 5280 feet (one mile up). They have a row of seats marked to show where one mile above sea level is at. So when teams are complaining about the elevation messing with them in Denver I can only imagine what it will be like in Mexico. I'm guessing depth will be tested big time with players taking breaks to get some oxygen. Also haven't heard when the 2 teams traveled to Mexico because one of the hardest parts of elevation is just the adjustment. Players will complain of fatigue, headaches, vomiting, and dizziness.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really hard to believe that Mexico City's stadium is that much higher above sea level than Denver's. I mean Denver makes sense since they are right in the mountains, but Mexico City? Are there mountains there? My Mexican geography is terrible.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really hard to believe that Mexico City's stadium is that much higher above sea level than Denver's. I mean Denver makes sense since they are right in the mountains, but Mexico City? Are there mountains there? My Mexican geography is terrible.

C'mon man. You know banditos always hide in the mountains.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well it actually sits a bit in a valley but the surrounding area is just that much higher in elevation and they are surrounded by mountains if I remember my Mexican geography.

The other issue though beyond just the elevation is they are considered one of the most polluted cities in the world. So air quality on top of being thin is just down right terrible. Soccer players that have played at this stadium have said it is the worst stadium they have ever played at.

Also just found out that players just arrived yesterday. I would think by now NFL teams would have figured out that 24 hours is about when altitude sickness sets in. So you either need to arrive a couple of days early or just arrive just a bit before the game is to be played to avoid it. But since both teams did it I guess neither are at a disadvantage in that way.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it actually sits a bit in a valley but the surrounding area is just that much higher in elevation and they are surrounded by mountains if I remember my Mexican geography.

The other issue though beyond just the elevation is they are considered one of the most polluted cities in the world. So air quality on top of being thin is just down right terrible. Soccer players that have played at this stadium have said it is the worst stadium they have ever played at.

Also just found out that players just arrived yesterday. I would think by now NFL teams would have figured out that 24 hours is about when altitude sickness sets in. So you either need to arrive a couple of days early or just arrive just a bit before the game is to be played to avoid it. But since both teams did it I guess neither are at a disadvantage in that way.
We will probably see a lot of oxygen masks on the sidelines.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will probably see a lot of oxygen masks on the sidelines.

There was a joke going around that there will be more oxygen tanks at this game than any in NFL history. Wouldn't shock me if that ended up being true. Like I said looking forward to seeing how that affects each team. Both teams come from cities at pretty low elevations so don't really see either team having an advantage. Maybe Oakland does because they come to Denver once a year but even there unless you are constantly living in it hard to adjust.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a joke going around that there will be more oxygen tanks at this game than any in NFL history. Wouldn't shock me if that ended up being true. Like I said looking forward to seeing how that affects each team. Both teams come from cities at pretty low elevations so don't really see either team having an advantage. Maybe Oakland does because they come to Denver once a year but even there unless you are constantly living in it hard to adjust.
I think you're right about depth being tested. Those big guys on the DLs are going to be gasping from running to the sidelines all night from being subbed in and out.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know I've never seen Randy Moss this high.And he seems to be well adjusted

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the field is just under 5280 feet (one mile up). They have a row of seats marked to show where one mile above sea level is at. So when teams are complaining about the elevation messing with them in Denver I can only imagine what it will be like in Mexico. I'm guessing depth will be tested big time with players taking breaks to get some oxygen. Also haven't heard when the 2 teams traveled to Mexico because one of the hardest parts of elevation is just the adjustment. Players will complain of fatigue, headaches, vomiting, and dizziness.
Quick put them in concussion protocol

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stadium filled with sombreros. Impossible to see the field.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland is also use to the smog. The bay area ranks at or near the top of the charts

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree seemed out of breathe a lot tonight.