• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mesz and O'Donnell

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we need to talk about the fact that they are the top 2 in +/- at the quarter-point of the year

pretty damn impressive.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to demean O'Donnel or Mezzie, but at the pace we are scoring goals, I could probably be a plus player on the Flyers. Hell, Hartnell is tied for 11th in the LEAGUE +/-. Although I guess you don't get a minus when the other team scores on the PP after you run their goalie.

I do think they are playing defensively responsible hockey, though. I don't notice them as much as, say, Pronger or Timonen, but that can be a good thing. They aren't as good as those two, so they know they can't take as many chances, which means they are usually in good defensive positions. You only notice a Dman when he does something really good (like score a goal), or really bad (like everything our third pairing did last year).

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just pretty special that our weakness all season long and throughout the playoffs last season is suddenly one of our key strengths. Our third pairing players last season like Parent and Bartulis were a combined -26 with 12 points in a combined 101 games. This season it's Meszaros and O'Donnell with a +32 and 11 points through only 45 man games played (including tonight). The difference is just absurd, not to mention the fact that these guys can log a lot more minutes than we would ever want Parent or Bartulis to take part in.

Meszaros racks up a ton of hits, quite a few blocked shots and also has a booming shot of his own from the point. He is an asset without question and I feel that he's well worth the money we're paying him.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There play is the reason the Flyers are soaring into first in Nov...now if we could just win a shootout...