• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Memorial Day

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today I am thinking of my dad. He had a health scare and had to be admitted to the hospital. He just turned 84 on May 20th . He is a veteran of the Korean War and served his country with pride. He also gave me the gift of enjoying the game of baseball. He has been a Giants fan all the way back to the NY days when Willie Mays broke in. He still talks about the men he served with and can remember so many names and stories it's amazing. He was the guy who ran out and announced to his friends overseas that the Giants won the Pennant in 1951 on Bobby Thomson's HR.

I did not get a chance to catch the game as my father 's health was the most important thing on my mind today. I saw the highlights that the Giants lost which is too bad but spending time with my dad and making sure he was alright meant so much more especially on this Memorial Day.

I feel lucky to still have my dad around as so many of his friends never made it back. Today we remember those who have served our country . The ones who have passed on and to the ones who are still here with us. We thank them all for their service and our chance to live free. On this Memorial Day I wish them all God's speed.

Get well soon Pop.

on youtube...

The Real Memorial Day

by VVSDVeteransVillage

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice story. Please thank your Dad for his service to our country. We wish him all the best. Our prayers are with him.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From me as well. Veterans are just fucking outstanding to me.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Ostler had a good story today 5/27 in the SF Chronicle sporting green about his dad's service. Ostler is one of the best sports writers I have ever read. I really enjoy his stories.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tz, you a vet?

After all these years, how did we not know that?

Not one of the most inspiring periods in my life. I was in the Air Force for 9 years. Didn't much care for it, actually.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I had no idea.

Thanks for your service, even if it is not something you necessarily remember fondly.

Damn it! Now I am going to have to bite my lip just a little longer before I snap at you during one of your ridiculous in-game rants...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I had no idea.

Thanks for your service, even if it is not something you necessarily remember fondly.

Damn it! Now I am going to have to bite my lip just a little longer before I snap at you during one of your ridiculous in-game rants...

Don't be biting no lips on my account. If I deserve a scolding, I deserve a scolding. In-game, I'm not strictly rational.

:kev:

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Ostler had a good story today 5/27 in the SF Chronicle sporting green about his dad's service. Ostler is one of the best sports writers I have ever read. I really enjoy his stories.
Ostler spent a few years here in LA writing for the Times. I miss his writing.

You're lucky to have your Dad still around. I sure miss mine. He served as a junior officer on USS Harder 257 for several patrols around the Phillipines and was awarded Silver Star. The WWII vet numbers are thinning fast.